Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

:eek: Am I committing heresy here to put this idea in the firing line :eek: Would you convert it to a pickup/ute body style; I saw some nicely finished efforts in the older series mercs Linky

474272.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

:eek: Am I committing heresy here to put this idea in the firing line :eek: Would you convert it to a pickup/ute body style; I saw some nicely finished efforts in the older series mercs

ideal for the mexican drug lord in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

:eek: Am I committing heresy here to put this idea in the firing line :eek: Would you convert it to a pickup/ute body style; I saw some nicely finished efforts in the older series mercs Linky

474272.jpg

They were factory built though, right?
    I think they are class, but then I would.
    It'd be a fun project with that W210 linked in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

474272.jpg

Strewth mate, Ive a feeling someone posted a picture of Merc yute a long time ago. Not as old as this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-cinquecento-sporting/21182924

YThkODdkMjAwODQ1OGRlM2U1NDMyMTM5MDcyZmFmNWRPnyKpt1evGxv5RVU8mbpVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk0NDU3MTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cool looking Cinq sporting with NCT till September for €950

A bit pricey but I would!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

YThkODdkMjAwODQ1OGRlM2U1NDMyMTM5MDcyZmFmNWRPnyKpt1evGxv5RVU8mbpVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk0NDU3MTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Been watching close for one of these now for a few months, as the regret never goes away having got rid of the other one I had!

God I'm tempted! :eek:

Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Do it!
    Decisions decisions!

MmMwZmU2ZTJjYjUzNzllNmMxNDJiNGY3OTQ0YTI3OGMgB5C7KTXlXUItKIpJxTFqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg2NzYyMTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

God I've always wanted one of those.

Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Decisions decisions!

MmMwZmU2ZTJjYjUzNzllNmMxNDJiNGY3OTQ0YTI3OGMgB5C7KTXlXUItKIpJxTFqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg2NzYyMTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
    They always remind me of this
    1-blobfish.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

God I've always wanted one of those.

Hmmm...

That's is nice but not mad on white. Saw a couple of yellow models in a scrapyard near me a few years back. Stunning in yellow methinks.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

TigerTim wrote: »
    That's is nice but not mad on white. Saw a couple of yellow models in a scrapyard near me a few years back. Stunning in yellow methinks.

T.

They were gorgeous in yellow with black trim or black with orange trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

^^ I wouldn't be mad fussed on the yellow but I'm not a mad fan of yellow as a car colour anyway and don't find it overly offensive either. Think the white actually seems to work quite well with the red trim - gives it a sort of ready for a rally look! Red and black in particular is quite fetching in them though I think.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/09-ford-mondeo-1-6-long-tax-amp-n-c-t/21075021
    2009 Mondeo 1.6 with 182k km,
    NCT 10/20,
    Tax is on the high side at €750 but there is tax on it to 06/19 (should soften the shock for those of ye's who seem to get mini strokes when ye see a car with high motor tax)
    *There may be different shades going on there on the offside but may well be superficial and the car otherwise looks pretty clean in so far as you can tell from snaps....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

^^ I wouldn't be mad fussed on the yellow but I'm not a mad fan of yellow as a car colour anyway and don't find it overly offensive either. Think the white actually seems to work quite well with the red trim - gives it a sort of ready for a rally look! Red and black in particular is quite fetching in them though I think.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/09-ford-mondeo-1-6-long-tax-amp-n-c-t/21075021
    2009 Mondeo 1.6 with 182k km,
    NCT 10/20,
    Tax is on the high side at €750 but there is tax on it to 06/19 (should soften the shock for those of ye's who seem to get mini strokes when ye see a car with high motor tax)
    *There may be different shades going on there on the offside but may well be superficial and the car otherwise looks pretty clean in so far as you can tell from snaps....

long nct, was going to look at a car shown here but it was already sold, a 1.6 with hitch? is the 1.6 a bit small for this size car?, looks clean though

1874 wrote: »
    long nct, was going to look at a car shown here but it was already sold, a 1.6 with hitch? is the 1.6 a bit small for this size car?, looks clean though

Probably is for the most but depends what your towing too. Plenty of 1.0 Yaris and Micra's around this neck of the woods with great big dirty hitches hanging off the back of them - looks pretty naff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

For that money you can get a 1.8 mazda 6 mk2 which is 570 to tax and is a bit nicer than a mondeo imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

I was looking at that the other night. Cartell shows that as having an 899cc engine but as far as I can remember, all Sporting models had the 1.1 engine (open to correction there). Just made me a bit suspicious about whether it's really a Sporting, or if it has had Sporting parts donated to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I found the 1.6 petrol surprisingly ok, although the boot was empty and there were no other passengers when I took one for a test drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Boradriver wrote: »
    I was looking at that the other night. Cartell shows that as having an 899cc engine but as far as I can remember, all Sporting models had the 1.1 engine (open to correction there). Just made me a bit suspicious about whether it's really a Sporting, or if it has had Sporting parts donated to it...

You are correct, the Sportings were all 1.1 litre engines. As far as I can remember I have never seen a genuine Sporting in white. It does have some Sporting bits on it (red seat belts, alloys) but if it’s 899 on the book then it’s not a Sporting (unless it had an engine swap to 1.1)

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    For that money you can get a 1.8 mazda 6 mk2 which is 570 to tax and is a bit nicer than a mondeo imo.

Agreed, the Mazda would be somewhat nicer than the Mondeo and something a bit different too. One minus that does come to mind would be the lesser availability of cheap parts from breakers versus the Mondeo if for example you broke a tail lamp etc.

Heres a nice clean looking executive model;
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-mazda-6-executive-n-c-t-01-20/21139803

Tested until 01/20,
    134k km,
    Asking €1,950

• Advertisement

You are correct, the Sportings were all 1.1 litre engines. As far as I can remember I have never seen a genuine Sporting in white. It does have some Sporting bits on it (red seat belts, alloys) but if it’s 899 on the book then it’s not a Sporting (unless it had an engine swap to 1.1)

The log book has had a bit of 'to me, to you' going on as well it would seem. 7 owners, according to the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Boradriver wrote: »
    [...] as far as I can remember, all Sporting models had the 1.1 engine [...]

True. 1.1 54bhp. In terms of colour, as other poster mentioned, there were no white sportings. Only red, yellow, blue, silver and black.

joujoujou wrote: »
    True. 1.1 54bhp. In terms of colour, as other poster mentioned, there were no white sportings. Only red, yellow, blue, silver and black.

Interesting to know, didn't realise white wasn't an option on the Sporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The seller states sporting interior, so that's probably it. If I had to choose I would rather have engine from sporting rather than the interior (not even sure what the sporting interior is).

That car will be very, very slow.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/a4-audi-advanced-model-6-speed-130bhp-with-test/21149979

MGU4ZjdhYmVhNjMwM2U5Njk2MjFkNWMxYTI3ZjkzYTP6XWVJikjCBSy2UL1_a9qAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTkxNzYwMTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

6 speed 130 bhp TDI A4 with high enough miles but NCT till August and its only 500 quid.

Seems it would be a decent enough buy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Mapped to 185?

Snake oil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Its sold or the ad is down anyways.

I believe James Maitland up the north can map them a touch over 180bhp but they need a straight pipe. The side mounted intercooler and piping usually needs to be in good order though and they'll run fairly smokey when not on boost.

In general most 130bhp tdi's when mapped are left at around the 170bhp mark.

It was an 04 with 330k kms and only 1 previous owner. Was a pretty genuine ad too tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Real sporting isn't much quicker: it was all down to the suspension/steering mods made to the sporting and especially the fancy Pirelli tyres t'hey were supplied with from new.

Although the FIRE engine did like to rev a lot more, so probably feels quicker.
    I think it is, we are talking 20 extra hp. Details to follow ;)

0.9 is 39hp with 18s from 0-100.

1.1 is 54hp with 13.8 from 0-100.

There was base 0.7 engine as well, but doubt it was ever sold in these parts of Europe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement