Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

wonski wrote: »
    I think it is, we are talking 20 extra hp. Details to follow ;)

yeah, thats probably right. I just remeber at the time thinking they weren't a whole lot quicker, but miles quicker to drive due to the grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Sporting was only 54bhp IIRC. Sold a Seicento with same engine to a friend and it was slow as fook.

The 0.9 was approx 40bhp and there was the Polish 2 cylinder version too with around 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just edited my post. Huge difference given the weight of the car.

0.9 would be barely driveable these days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

0.9 is 39hp with 18s from 0-100.

1.1 is 54hp with 13.8 from 0-100.

There was base 0.7 engine as well, but doubt it was ever sold in these parts of Europe.

well, i take your point: It didnt feel like 20hp and i never put a stopwatch to it, but it didnt seem much faster than the old 127 engine, but it would take any bend as fast as you dared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

The Sporting is definitely NOT a fast car, but as they are so light, the extra HP makes a huge difference and they are a fun little car to drive.

They are also 20mm lower than the standard car, and fitted with an anti-roll bar which helps to make it a stiffer drive.
    Grand around town and for a bit of fun, but definitely not a car for a long drive, or for motorway driving etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

My Hillman imp would give these sporting things a run for their money. My Hillman imp , while somewhat nippy on a steep decline isn’t that fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Tidy looking 05 Corolla diesel with long nct, albeit highish mileage.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-d4d-1-4-toyota-corolla-hatchback-nct-02-2020/21207997

Thoughts on this volvo v70?
    Looks fecking spotless.
    Anything to look out for on these?
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-volvo-v70-2-0t-estate-automatic/21135063

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That’s lovely but definitely needs an NCT at that price. However I’d have no doubts that it’s very genuine. Dogs would make short work of wrecking that lovely beige carpet in the boot I’d say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Looks good alright, just odd that the last sale on the car was only a couple of months ago??
    12th December 2018 was last sale date

• Advertisement

That’s lovely but definitely needs an NCT at that price. However I’d have no doubts that it’s very genuine. Dogs would make short work of wrecking that lovely beige carpet in the boot I’d say!

Only realised after posting that is petrol, so probably a thirsty fecker. Looks a good un all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Looks good alright, just odd that the last sale on the car was only a couple of months ago??

Clearing the tax arrears?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

bear1 wrote:
    Clearing the tax arrears?

How does that work because the insurance companies always ask if you are the registered owner when insuring the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Mad_Mike wrote: »

Where you getting those details

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

How does that work because the insurance companies always ask if you are the registered owner when insuring the car?

Just sell the car to your partner, arrears gets cleared and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

1874 wrote: »
    Where you getting those details

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/changeVehicleDetails.do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Didnt realise motortax.ie gave the last change of details on the site, shame they didnt give the last few years.
    Looked at a car on motorcheck recently and there were numerous changes of ownership, which gave me cause for concern, either the owner was skipping the due tax (not my problem about the taxing, but if they are similarly not putting a basic amount of money into a car for servicing), OR the car had change ownership a good few times which would be cause for concern.
    If someone owns a halfway decent car it looks better when selling if they have paid the tax and not swapped ownership too many times, unless they got caught out once, or it raises questions, think if owning a less desirable or older car, then its better to not change for same reason at it just makes it even less likely to be bought too.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/range-rover-p38-1999-2-5-dse/21220467

YmRhMThhNDk4NjRjNWRhYmExNzhlNGYxYWNlZmQxZTM2gr24gxttlk1evKTe38ThaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk3MzE0NzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

P38 with NCT till August, €1650

Seemingly has had a good bit of work done. I would!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-volvo-v70-estate-diesel-tax-07-19-nct-12-19/21193031

YmYzMjk2OTYxZGQ0YmFmMTA3YjhhZTAyZWZkM2U1MTlEjbhx9bc6ZKlkTtHymzLNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk1MjY5NDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tax till July, test till December, diesel, fsh, 1 owner - €1950

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote:
    Just sell the car to your partner, arrears gets cleared and that's it.

But does that not pose a problem with the insurance companies because you are not the registered owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

But does that not pose a problem with the insurance companies because you are not the registered owner?

No because you buy it back.

No because you buy it back.

Ah I see... So it will add two owners every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Ah I see... So it will add two owners every time

Not if you sell it to your spouse / partner. You won't have to change it back then.

Or if you’re John Smith, sell it to J. Smith, J. D. Smith etc

So if you own the car at present and then "sell" it to your partner and then "buy" it back, how does that effect your current insurance of you're still driving the car during these changes of ownership?

It doesn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

So if you own the car at present and then "sell" it to your partner and then "buy" it back, how does that effect your current insurance of you're still driving the car during these changes of ownership?

Google 'Insurable Interest'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Technique wrote: »
    Google 'Insurable Interest'.

How about googling 'searching with understanding'?

The policy that is required by law is TPL policy. The requirement to be owner of the vehicle you want to be insured to drive has nothing with the insurable interest of lack of it. Everybody has insureable interest to have a car, regardless of the ownership of said vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Some insurers ask if the car is registered in your name, some if it is in your or your spouses name.

Wheather you have an insurable interes or not in view of your insurer is up to them and their terms, not Google search engine.

If in doubt, ask. Changing ownership of the car while policy is in place can be considered important information to your insurer.

Most of the time the transfer takes place when the car in question is not insured, as this only makes sense when the tax is out for long enough and not driven anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement