Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

What do you mean high tax? That'll be about 673 to tax a year.

Ad gave tax as €1,080

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-volvo-v70-estate-diesel-tax-07-19-nct-12-19/21193031

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You quoted the ad for the Octavia in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/e240-auto-7-seats-nct/21195988

MDFiZTQ2YWY5ZTc2YWYwZmJkM2YxNDU2ZWQ4ZDg0NmbZ9YM_Mg9uFVR_4SFPL-vxaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk3MDY1MTV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is a tidy looking 7 seater estate, NCT till Jan 2020, with low miles and claimed new tyres - €999

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/e240-auto-7-seats-nct/21195988

MDFiZTQ2YWY5ZTc2YWYwZmJkM2YxNDU2ZWQ4ZDg0NmbZ9YM_Mg9uFVR_4SFPL-vxaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk3MDY1MTV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is a tidy looking 7 seater estate, NCT till Jan 2020, with low miles and claimed new tyres - €999

Nice, I wonder would that have been worth it for an LPG conversion some time ago, not sure now, tax doesnt usually put me off when something is clean, but it'll be a killer plus insurance be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Love that Duke, what a find.

Insurance would be about €90 for me fully comp for the year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

The beauty of this thread is it doesn’t take a one size fits all approach to bangernomics. Some like big leathery Saabs etc that are cheap because they are expensive to tax, and others like cheap to buy and cheap to run Corollas and Yaris’ etc

I find those that whinge about the tax are penny pinching stingebags who want something as chape as possible to run, for their cheap lifestyle. They type that aspire to a Dacia Dustbin as the bee all end all so they can fill the boot with reduced to clear yellow sticker Tesco everyday value goods, because they bought an overpriced kip of a house in some arsebandit of a spot to keep up with the Jonses'

So here's a tax crippling special in the eyes of those stingy hoors: NCT to Jan 2020, 850

NWJmY2QyMzI1YWM5MGI2NDQ1NWU2ZjNhZjU2MjI2NTO9nFriau0w43-ggARaRygaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTkzOTg0OTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I find those that whinge about the tax are penny pinching stingebags who want something as chape as possible to run, for their cheap lifestyle. They type that aspire to a Dacia Dustbin as the bee all end all so they can fill the boot with reduced to clear yellow sticker Tesco everyday value goods, because they bought an overpriced kip of a house in some arsebandit of a spot to keep up with the Jonses'

So here's a tax crippling special in the eyes of those stingy hoors: NCT to Jan 2020, 850

NWJmY2QyMzI1YWM5MGI2NDQ1NWU2ZjNhZjU2MjI2NTO9nFriau0w43-ggARaRygaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTkzOTg0OTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

"SOME MISFIRE NEEDS COIL ,COULD BE PLUG PERFECT OTHERWISE...
    HAVE A COIL PACK INCLUDED!!!!!!"

If it was the coil pack you'd think he'd change it and stick it up for sale without a misfire.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

"SOME MISFIRE NEEDS COIL ,COULD BE PLUG PERFECT OTHERWISE...
    HAVE A COIL PACK INCLUDED!!!!!!"

If it was the coil pack you'd think he'd change it and stick it up for sale without a misfire.......

Ah. I missed that part, the stingy hoors will jump down my throat!

I'll try a slightly more expensive E60

NCT till Jan 2020, 1250

OWVkZjM1NmM1ODNlMzhkZTMxNzBkNWNmOGU4YWU5ZGNbDzvjK9PseIAce8I358KlaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTYwMzE0NTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Ah. I missed that part, the stingy hoors will jump down my throat!

I'll try a slightly more expensive E60

NCT till Jan 2020, 1250

OWVkZjM1NmM1ODNlMzhkZTMxNzBkNWNmOGU4YWU5ZGNbDzvjK9PseIAce8I358KlaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTYwMzE0NTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking car. NCT is odd. He states in the ad text that it has NCT until 2020, but the details of the ad show it as expired, and when I check on NCT site it says NCT expired, unless he means he will be selling it with an NCT included at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That's a bit harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I find it fascinating that you undertook such an in depth study into those people you came across who don't like high car tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Pter wrote: »
    I find it fascinating that you undertook such an in depth study into those people you came across who don't like high car tax.

Says a lot about the type of people he's friendly with.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

That's a bit harsh.

A bit?
    It doesnt half come across as muddled up, complain about people buying cheap goods in tescos and at the same time castigate them for overpaying for a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I think it's completely justifiable to criticise the governments car tax policy, it's a joke! I think that's a fairly widely held view no matter where people shop or where they bought their houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That's a bit harsh.

Not at all if he can meet me at the tax office and pay mine for a year :)

Pretty sure he can afford few other posters tax, too.

First boards motor meeting at the tax office car park ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'm as stingey as funk but I pay high tax on a cheap car. What am I doing wrong?

I'm as stingey as funk but I pay high tax on a cheap car. What am I doing wrong?

I pay cheap tax on a cheap car. Can I still shop in Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

jiltloop wrote: »
    I think it's completely justifiable to criticise the governments car tax policy, it's a joke! I think that's a fairly widely held view no matter where people shop or where they bought their houses.

Absolutely agree. It is far too cheap to tax a car in this country. The tax should depend on the Euro norm, mass and much stricter emissions brackets. I find it a disgrace that a 2009 520d is cheaper to tax than many petrol b-blass hatchbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Away to Lidl with ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I shop in Aldi. I'm totally lost.

• Advertisement

I shop in Aldi. I'm totally lost.

I think you need to change your car pal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Not everyone goes the PCP route to keep up appearances :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

... and back to bangers!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Jag X Type only 125 miles on clock and nct for year

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/20865623

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Gonad wrote: »
    Jag X Type only 125 miles on clock and nct for year

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/20865623

Tasty motor on the outside, but the centre console on those must be one of the worst, nastiest looking centre consoles ever created!
    Arthur Daley would not approve!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-320d-es/21160158

Friend of mines car. Spotless interior. He's the sort of guy that would make sure it got everything it needed while he owned it. Nct til next feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

2 x Avensis T180 D4D. Both have fresh NCT’s. Bit drab but nice spec for the year. Choose your colour....

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/20755787

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/20742594

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those 180bhp 2.2 d-4d engines are a gamble even at those prices, the head gaskets are made of chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

bazz26 wrote: »
    Those 180bhp 2.2 d-4d engines are a gamble even at those prices, the head gaskets are made of chocolate.

Yeah I was wondering what they’d be like reliability wise. Is it the same unit from Lexus IS220d ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes afaik.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement