Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

1874 wrote: »
    I was on the verge of asking somewhere in motors, Im tempted to have a second car, a usual day to day bus and then something old and nice or interesting, any brokers do multicar insurance, where your car would be covered on the driveway, while you commute in the other. Id prefer to have somewhere to keep them, but thats not happening.

I have a 97 Corolla with Autoline, fully comp, occasional use with commuting two days out of week, €360 per annum. You must have a “modern” car insured elsewhere for everyday use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Likewise, I’d love the cynos. I had a few and loved them all. They’re Starlet based iirc but feel a million times better inside and are actually very pleasant to drive.

I've always wondered what they are like.
    Something about the looks...
    I kinda like it, and kinda don't, but that one is certainly one worth thinking about!
    These things are making mad money in the States! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I hate when this happens. Something really nice like that Fiesta is posted, I keep looking at it and by the end of the week I somehow end up buying it. Same thing happened when my Corolla was posted here in December..:P

I would be tempted to get rid of my e11 and CA Alto for that Fiesta. Bit pointless taxing two "runarounds" anyway. The Corolla has only done about a thousand miles and the Alto about the same since I got both last year. The effort of trying to sell either of them though is offputting though

I'll take your Alto. :)

Now this is worth saving!

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1998-toyota-cynos/21308116

N2JjN2U5Y2I1MTIzMDg5NzYzNjhiZDhhMTZkNDY5MzjZBkIxw5Rn1jaBxcQkOImXaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjA0MjA3NjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Years test, tax till July, Bridgestone tyres, 1 owner, €800

I am very tempted by that.

I'll take your Alto. :)

At this stage I think I've put too much money into it to really justify getting rod of it. New tyres, exhaust, timing belt kit, shocks, battery in the last few months. All very cheap but when you add it up, it doesn't look good :o

I'm not sure where in the country you are, but I'll be along to the Terenure classic car show in it in July, will be on a stand with a few other kei cars. Come along and have a look at it :)

• Advertisement

Doesn't look very good when herself finds out.

I'm in Dublin so should hopefully get up to Terenure.

Doesn't look very good when herself finds out.

I'm in Dublin so should hopefully get up to Terenure.

I'll bring the logbook and a bus pass just in case :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

How would a car like this be for reliability and maintenance?

Anything to look or listen for if I was going to look at it?

BMW 320i Touring
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/21181294

They're actually a 4 cylinder, and not a 6 like the earlier 3 series'.

They are prone to burning oil with higher miles, the valve stem oil seals go hard and allow some oil past the valves. I'd be aware of that if you're going to see that one. Nice looking car all the same though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

They are prone to burning oil with higher miles, the valve stem oil seals go hard and allow some oil past the valves. I'd be aware of that if you're going to see that one. Nice looking car all the same though

Also prone to snap timing chain guides as well, and stretching chains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

And overheating as a result of coolant loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'09 Tiida 1.5 Diesel
    NCT Feb '20
    Tax Nov '19
    118k miles
    Low tax
    It is what it is

Asking €1,999

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-tiida-1-5-dci-2009/21320103

I posted this in the 'Today I saw a car for sale' thread a few weeks back as it didn't qualify for bangernomics due to the asking price.
    It qualifies now!

'02 Golf Estate
    1.8 GTi 25th anniversary edition.
    NCT March '20
    106k miles

Asking €1,750

I like it

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vwgolf-1-8t-gti-estate-v-low-miles-nct03-2020-mint/21317132

It'd be plain wrong not to post this

'97 Corolla
    Test May '19
    Tax April '19
    127k miles

Asking €800
    Neighbour of mine has a '93 one from new. No sign of it stopping any time soon!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1997-toyota-corolla-great-condition/21317071

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

W123-80's wrote: »
    I posted this in the 'Today I saw a car for sale' thread a few weeks back as it didn't qualify for bangernomics due to the asking price.
    It qualifies now!

'02 Golf Estate
    1.8 GTi 25th anniversary edition.
    NCT March '20
    106k miles

Asking €1,750

I like it

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vwgolf-1-8t-gti-estate-v-low-miles-nct03-2020-mint/21317132

Pretty sure that’s been mis registered on import. I’d assume it’s a 1.8T Sport at best.

Still a nice car in Sport spec estate though and very rare.

W123-80's wrote: »
    It'd be plain wrong not to post this

'97 Corolla
    Test May '19
    Tax April '19
    127k miles

Asking €800
    Neighbour of mine has a '93 one from new. No sign of it stopping any time soon!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1997-toyota-corolla-great-condition/21317071

Jesus. I'd snap the arm off the man.

I don't think my missus would allow 2 navy 1997 Corolla's in the driveway however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

grogi wrote: »
    And overheating as a result of coolant loss...

Yeaaah, so I'll just steer clear of a 320i then :P thanks for all the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Very few of these Rover 75's left around any more, especially the estate version

[EDIT]I should say.....this is NOT the Rover 75, but the MG ZT-T, based on the 75[/EDIT]

This one looks very clean and genuine

The missus had one a few years back, and the engine is practically bomb-proof in them. It's the BMW diesel engine, but was designed without the swirl flaps, so no issue there. Used to get about 50mpg with the saloon.

NCT until November and 133,000 miles
    Listed at €1600

OGYzNDY1YWM0MzFmZmUzYTUxMzFiMDg4YjFmNmExMjN7McP-grmJFI4b-5GPcprCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk2ODE4ODR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

• Advertisement

gooner99 wrote: »

Nice bit of tax too

gooner99 wrote: »

Nice bit of tax too

Have been tempted with taking a hit with a Saab for a while now just "to have one".

01/20 NCT and birra tax on this.

Either way I'd prefer a late 90s/early 00s 9-3 tbh.

Njg5YzU5Njg5NjhiYWJkYTA4YTA2N2RmMzg5ODk3ZDSTczkovoO2uXXLxzj2a8F-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk2MjM5MDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-saab-9-3-2-0-t-nct-01-20/21038965

Anything to be looking out for on them in general?

EDIT: Just cottoned on about the reg. That's imported isn't it as it's 12****? Bit of wear on drivers seat too.

Emm, bottle of oil in the boot. Spare set of wheels, trade sale, I dunno?

Def uk import, that’s the least of your worries.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Emm, bottle of oil in the boot. Spare set of wheels, trade sale, I dunno?

Def uk import, that’s the least of your worries.

Aye. I think though I'm utilising this one being up there to ask the question of a 9-3? Anything to look for?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis/21284257

NjY0ZDZhZjMxZjhmYzg5ODQ0YzkzM2Q0MzQ5ZWRhMDW4uyReRd2GJlz0diUSnZ2LaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjAyMzQwNDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Years test and tax till the end of November (worth about €300) - €1000

Needs to be a bit cheaper but would probably turn out to be a grand buy altogether

Epic reg blocking.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-panda/21326890

OTNhNzhkMDkxYzQ3NWYwZjBkNDc0NjZmYzg5NzM4M2I_4JAfX-LVC64jKstb2RhCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjA1NzE0Mzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Diesel Panda with test till September for a grand

Epic reg blocking.

Nicely done with the glare on the test cert though

MDM1YzhlYTAxYWIzZTM2NjQ3ZjBhYmVjNGQ4M2JmMWRs3a2oDkapD7tfYOTeeQARaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjAyMzQwNDh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Epic reg blocking.

I love when they do that :)

So funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement