Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    NCT until November and 133,000 miles
    Listed at €1600

OGYzNDY1YWM0MzFmZmUzYTUxMzFiMDg4YjFmNmExMjN7McP-grmJFI4b-5GPcprCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk2ODE4ODR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This has now been dropped to €1250. Can't see it hanging around too long now as it's a more realistic price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'04 A6 1.9 Estate
    NCT Feb '20
    Tax Oct '19
    164k miles
    Leather

Looks honest
    Asking €1,150

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-avant-1-9tdi/21342215

W123-80's wrote: »
    '04 A6 1.9 Estate
    NCT Feb '20
    Tax Oct '19
    164k miles
    Leather

Looks honest
    Asking €1,150

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-avant-1-9tdi/21342215

Fresh NCT and taxed until November. Tax alone is worth around 400 euros. Definitely well worth a shot :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Fresh NCT and taxed until November. Tax alone is worth around 400 euros. Definitely well worth a shot :eek:

I contacted the owner Tuesday and he'd done a deal on it already.
    Exactly what I'd like to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Six months tax and test so qualifies for bangernomics nothwitstanding declared issues

Honest boardsie selling
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057964821

2007 hdi 407. Coupé 750

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-407-coupe-2-0-hdi-6-months-tax-amp-nct/21373645

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Very nice car and a great ad. More of a fixer upper than a bangernomic IMO, surely someone handy ish would have that back on the road for another €750 or so? Be some car for €1500.

terrydel wrote: »
    I contacted the owner Tuesday and he'd done a deal on it already.
    Exactly what I'd like to get.

Wonder if the deal fell through, as the ad is only bumped 1 day, unless it turns 2 days later this evening and he made the deal Tuesday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Very nice car and a great ad. More of a fixer upper than a bangernomic IMO, surely someone handy ish would have that back on the road for another €750 or so? Be some car for €1500.

Why a fixer upper if it's taxed and tested for 6 months @ €750 ?
    Surely the definition of bangernomics ,

buy it for 500 (as stated in thread)

and drive it til Jan 20 . Chance 3 months out of tax , and take delivery of your new 2020 EV and sell it for 400 for parts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

'08 Laguna
    NCT October '19
    9 days tax!
    180k kms
    Lowish tax
    Asking €1,195

Worth a punt?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-laguna-2008/21005250

This has an electric handbrake, can get jammed so that even with the emergency release, this car broke me, one of the many issues including the fuel line shredding itself in the radiator fan. I wouldn’t take it if it was free

Bigus wrote: »
    Why a fixer upper if it's taxed and tested for 6 months @ €750 ?
    Surely the definition of bangernomics ,

buy it for 500 (as stated in thread)

and drive it til Jan 20 . Chance 3 months out of tax , and take delivery of your new 2020 EV and sell it for 400 for parts ?

Do you really think that car will make it to 2020 with no attention?

To me, at least, bangernomics is about cheap "jump in and drive" cars. I couldn't do that with that car. Let's face it, the reason that such a pretty car, in such good visual condition, with so much tax and test is for sale for so little is because the owner is jumping ship because he can no longer depend on it, he clearly loved it.

It needs a rack, you couldn't rely on that car to go around the block, that's why the owner wants out and that's why it's not a bangernomic to me. That's before you get into the ABS fault, the DPF fault, the air con fault, the wheel bearing fault, due a belt etc.

It may well be a bargain, i'm not saying it's not, it'd be a lovely car repaired but all you are buying for €750 is that mans problems, in a pretty dress. If it were still a good, useable, daily driver, I suspect it wouldn't be for sale. Fixerupper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

pogsick wrote: »
    This has an electric handbrake, can get jammed so that even with the emergency release, this car broke me, one of the many issues including the fuel line shredding itself in the radiator fan. I wouldn’t take it if it was free

Was your Laguna the newer post 07 or the older Laguna 2.

The Laguna 2 was a known disaster zone - but the Laguna 3 model that came out around 08 was actually improved.

Obviously it's entirely possible you had a bad post 08 Laguna but your description sounds like far too many Laguna 2s

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Old diesel wrote: »
    Was your Laguna the newer post 07 or the older Laguna 2.

The Laguna 2 was a known disaster zone - but the Laguna 3 model that came out around 08 was actually improved.

Obviously it's entirely possible you had a bad post 08 Laguna but your description sounds like far too many Laguna 2s

It was a Laguna 2 has put me off ever getting another Renault tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

pogsick wrote: »
    It was a Laguna 2 has put me off ever getting another Renault tbh

Renault Laguna 1 great car, Laguna 2 could do anything like start itself, not start at all and much more electric issues among much more, number 3 were a great bus.

The name was destroyed at this stage so they came out with the fluence but it stopped in 2016 unfortunately and was a nice motor.

Only thing still a big issue I see is window regulators as they seem to go very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Fluence wasn't a replacement for the Laguna 3. The Fluence was based on the smaller Megane and competed with the likes of the Jetta, Corolla saloon and Ford Focus saloon.

'95 Corolla 1.3
    NCT august '19
    1 weeks tax
    81k miles
    Looks spotless & will drive forever
    This wont last long!

Asking €395

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-3-xli/21385521

Oh wow that's nice, original hub caps, tape deck, the lot. Body looks clean too. Worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Beat me to it, I just came here to post that :pac:

I'd guess €300 buys that, total bargain

I'm tempted. Its about 20 miles from me!
    Would you get 40mpg out of it?

Its gone!

Haha. It had 1 view on donedeal when I posted it!
    Cracking buy for someone looking for a runabout/2nd car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

'95 Corolla 1.3
    NCT august '19
    1 weeks tax
    81k miles
    Looks spotless & will drive forever
    This wont last long!

Asking €395

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-3-xli/21385521

I'm glad it's gone. Ha ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

It was quite cheap for a "new" car!

New car? 13 yrs old.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    New car? 13 yrs old.

Yeah, but in bangernomics terms its pretty new / a newish model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Would yous be weary of someone advertising on DD as a private seller but had a couple of cars up for sale, all jap imports..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Would yous be weary of someone advertising on DD as a private seller but had a couple of cars up for sale, all jap imports..

Considering jap imports are so easy to clock, yes.

Considering jap imports are so easy to clock, yes.

Anyway to spot if it is clocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Anyway to spot if it is clocked?

I'm not au fait with Jap imports but I believe if it doesn't have the auction sheet it is guaranteed to be clocked.

I can't imagine an auction sheet is too hard to create. Sure its in japanese so most people wouldn't know what they're looking at anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I can't imagine an auction sheet is too hard to create. Sure its in japanese so most people wouldn't know what they're looking at anyway

I would say most people looking at Japanese Market would do the homework. Foreign buyers are common these days and the forms format helps.

It is quite good setup tbh.

You can always look at the car the same way you look at any other car. Mileage is displayed in many places. Steering wheel, pedals, seats etc.

• Advertisement

Would cartell.ie tell you much if I got the chassis number (VIN)

Having a look and seen this on FB, scary how easy it is to clock a car

https://www.facebook.com/JapanCarHistoryCheck/videos/1634674466542916/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement