Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-toyota-corolla/21654848

Seems like Good value for a run around or am I missing something?

Bargain, nice colour and well up in the years. I'd buy it if I were in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    MmQzNzQyNjVmNDllZmJjMDdmODE3ZjBlNDVjOTAxYzQUagELvT64gaHDDyWr0jgHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjM2NDA3NDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Same owner from new
    NCT until Feb 2020
    Motor Tax until Feb 2020
    105,000 miles
    Looks like a genuine car
    €650 also! The road tax alone is probably worth about 3 or 400 quid

Sold. Lyric fm still tuned in says it all:pac: Serviced in january. Grand job. Should be a more or less free upgrade from my old focus. It was oit of tax yesterday and had a few nigglys starting to surface.

pBQ5Rb5l.jpg

rTpgNcMl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Interslice wrote: »
    Sold. Lyric fm still tuned in says it all:pac: Serviced in january. Grand job. Should be a more or less free upgrade from my old focus. It was oit of tax yesterday and had a few nigglys starting to surface.

pBQ5Rb5l.jpg

rTpgNcMl.jpg

Always when some ****er on here buys a deal that I start getting jealous :o Lyric FM would have made me buy it too

Kilboor wrote: »
    Always when some ****er on here buys a deal that I start getting jealous :o Lyric FM would have made me buy it too

I left it playing charles mingus on and took the scenic root home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-tdi-automatic-new-nct-04-20-amptaxed-699/21752077

1 owner, relatively low miler, looks to be a bit rough.

699 though, and tested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I left it playing charles mingus on and took the scenic root home :D

Little moments in life ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I like this!
    High miles but will come with new nct.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-75-2-0-cdt-connoisseur-se-estate/21652525

I chortled at 'genuine rover dog guard'. Is that the dog's name or the brand?!

Nice colour also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I like this!
    High miles but will come with new nct.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-75-2-0-cdt-connoisseur-se-estate/21652525

I chortled at 'genuine rover dog guard'. Is that the dog's name or the brand?!

Nice colour also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Kilboor wrote: »
    Drives good

instead of perfect ;)

That's all subjective and down to the wording people use. I'm sure we have all drove a car that was described as drives perfect and it was a dog. That's not to say the Corolla is spot on either - best way to find out is give it a spin and a once over.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-ford-focus-zetec-1-6-tdci-diesel-nctd/21752385
    2008 Focus 1.6 TDCi
    170k km;
    NCT 10/19
    Motor tax €200 pa.
    Asking €1,800

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

That's made my day! Best of luck with it. Really looks like a well minded car ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-toyota-corolla/21654848

I notice he has 4 cars for sale and pics of all seem to be taken in different locations. Odd.

Was looking out for one of these Corolla's. That Corolla seems a very low price for a clean looking 07 in a nice colour with test left on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carscarscars

The bonnet on that corolla looks to be off and it changed hands on the 29th of March. With four cars on sale and what looks like a garage set up in his other ads, I would be wary that it is priced correctly, rather than a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

RceAswv.jpg

07 Honda Civic Petrol 1.8
    90,000 miles, €1,950, Tax €636 p.a., NCT until October

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That’s very tidy!

ZWJiM2JlZTE1YTAzZjlmMzQ1YzA1ODZjYjkzYWIzNWWykRdKCWCyRyILoB9X3eW0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjM3MDY5OTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This one's for you Duke! :D
    18,000 miles
    NCT until Feb 2020
    Asking €950

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

ZWJiM2JlZTE1YTAzZjlmMzQ1YzA1ODZjYjkzYWIzNWWykRdKCWCyRyILoB9X3eW0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjM3MDY5OTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This one's for you Duke! :D
    18,000 miles
    NCT until Feb 2020
    Asking €950

He can't have 2!

That's made my day! Best of luck with it. Really looks like a well minded car ;)

Thanks for the shout mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Is there any way to tell if that has gone over 100k miles? since the odometer is 5 digits only?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

morritty wrote: »
    Is there any way to tell if that has gone over 100k miles? since the odometer is 5 digits only?

Extra 100000 will definitely show in the interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

wonski wrote: »
    Extra 100000 will definitely show in the interior.
    Fair point, but just wondering about the clock in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Pity they fitted drl to bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

DeepBlue wrote: »

07 Honda Civic Petrol 1.8
    90,000 miles, €1,950, Tax €636 p.a., NCT until October
    That's a great find. Small money for a nice well cared for reliable car.
    Looks mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Little help please, the girlfriend has an interest in this Astra. Is there anything to look out for?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-astra-life-1-4i-16v-5dr-prepared-for-nct/21738330

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Little help please, the girlfriend has an interest in this Astra. Is there anything to look out for?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-astra-life-1-4i-16v-5dr-prepared-for-nct/21738330

No NCT. I would be questioning why it has been prepared for NCT but not put through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭oceanman

plus its an opel…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

CJhaughey wrote: »
    No NCT. I would be questioning why it has been prepared for NCT but not put through?

Apparently booked in for the NCT next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those Astra petrol engines are very fragile and not known for their reliability. I know it's a cheap car but I'd be looking at something else.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Apparently booked in for the NCT next week.
    Looks like it's back in for just a visual

• Registered Users Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Looks like it's back in for just a visual

No need to book for a visual you can just drive to the centre and get the cert. Look for something else is my advice. Those Astra's can be ropey enough.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    No need to book for a visual you can just drive to the centre and get the cert. Look for something else is my advice. Those Astra's can be ropey enough.

Exactly this.
    Seems odd if they told him it's booked in for this week again, although maybe they just mean they have to get back in to the centre and get the visual done and pick up cert

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement