Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-opel-vectra-estate-1-8-5dr-/21230052

Any thoughts on this?

Need a car for work and just want something to keep me going for about a year before I change to something newer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭oceanman

somefeen wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-opel-vectra-estate-1-8-5dr-/21230052

Any thoughts on this?

Need a car for work and just want something to keep me going for about a year before I change to something newer.
    you could get better for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Reliable and Opel don't go together....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's mad money for that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

My vectra is killing itself as we speak. Going to try get my hands on an A3 in a few weeks for cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

cletus wrote: »
    I'm thinking of having a look at a 2011 Mondeo estate with the 1.8 diesel engine, but the last page or so of this thread has me thinking. How much of an issue is the wet belt on the MK4?

There's nothing wrong with the 1.8 diesel per se. It's just that the wet belt is an expensive job that's often skipped/forgotten. I'd say a lot of indie garages wouldn't even know there's a 2nd belt buried behind a cover. Once it's done then the engine is fine for the next ~100k miles. If it's not done then make sure you haggle hard for a hefty discount to cover the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

TychoCaine wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with the 1.8 diesel per se. It's just that the wet belt is an expensive job that's often skipped/forgotten. I'd say a lot of indie garages wouldn't even know there's a 2nd belt buried behind a cover. Once it's done then the engine is fine for the next ~100k miles. If it's not done then make sure you haggle hard for a hefty discount to cover the cost.

If the car is being kept for a good few years then id get it converted to chain like the pre September 07 units.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭cletus

Thanks for the replies lads. This particular car I think is a non runner anyway. As says the timing belt is just done, asked seller had he receipts for it, he told me no, but I could check the new belt myself.

When I suggested it might be a bit tricky to see the wet belt, he stopped replying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Nice colours and NCT to next year. Crazy what you can get for around €2K. Has a full Cartell report as well.

2003 X5, 3.0 Diesel, NCT 02/2020 172,000 miles, €2,350

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-x5-2003/21011408

YTVlZDVjMDZkMzQ1NzFkOTcxNzFlMzg3YTVkYTczZDc9Z48jQ-3q44IgN3wzBwyHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjEzNjY1OTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

M2YwOTk2ZTkyMWYyZjAzZTYzMjY3ZmZhMzkwNjUyZDQTilGq19VaIPdE8J-OGm9uaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjEzNjY1OTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

MGJmOWM0YzhlZDQzNTlkZjMzMTdkNDQ2YTBmYzVkMzf2__OQQf_WDW4bmVJS71H_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjEzNjY1OTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

KevRossi wrote: »
    Nice colours and NCT to next year. Crazy what you can get for around €2K. Has a full Cartell report as well.

2003 X5, 3.0 Diesel, NCT 02/2020 172,000 miles, €2,350

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-x5-2003/21011408

25 previous owners? That must be some sort of record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

25 previous owners? That must be some sort of record.

The highest in the country (last year) was 31 on an IS200 afaik

But 25 previous is brilliant. Next owner can e lucky owner #27!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I can imagine next to no tax has been paid on that so. Ha ha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's over priced and wouldn't be too keen with the state if that boot lid. Someone didn't care for it before, so why pay for it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,457 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I can imagine next to no tax has been paid on that so. Ha ha.

At €1800 a go I wouldn’t blame anyone for doing the old swap-a-roo on the logbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,457 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's over priced and wouldn't be too keen with the state if that boot lid. Someone didn't care for it before, so why pay for it yourself?

Thought the same. It’s a bit of a wrecker. “M-sport body kit” doesn’t inspire confidence either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

My vectra is killing itself as we speak. Going to try get my hands on an A3 in a few weeks for cheap.

What type of a3?
    I've a 3 door I'd sell cheap, will get it nct'ed and oil and filter done pre sale.
    04 1.6 petrol.

terrydel wrote: »
    What type of a3?
    I've a 3 door I'd sell cheap, will get it nct'ed and oil and filter done pre sale.
    04 1.6 petrol.

Hi Terry,

I PM’d you twice but nothing is appearing in my sent items so not sure if your getting the messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thought the same. It’s a bit of a wrecker. “M-sport body kit” doesn’t inspire confidence either.

Granted you would see worse but I think its a terrible looking yoke with what I'd guess is a cheapo enough looking paint job and finish in reality. While admittedly I wouldn't be too clued in on their prices surely €2,350 is over the odds for the year and given the number of previous owner. Vendor seems very firm on asking price so its probably fair to say its not really for this thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'03 Suzuki Liana
    NCT Feb '20
    133k Kms
    Could be decent runabout for someone

Asking €500

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-suzuki-liana-exceptional-just-133-000km/21796130

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

TychoCaine wrote: »

That chain conversion costs €800-€1000, so it's not economically viable on a '08 that would only be worth €2k on a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

How do I copy a link or make it into one word? On Android phone, like a link to donedeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

lalababa wrote: »
    How do I copy a link or make it into one word? On Android phone, like a link to donedeal?

Click and hold on it and it should be highlighted with an option to copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

lalababa wrote: »

Share > copy link to clipboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Share > copy link to clipboard

Exactly this! ^^^^

donedeal.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-vrs/21798380

MGFjY2JhOWQ5NTVkNzY1ZDcwZDA1MTExYWJiY2UyNjLrlY1NMOwYbzG07QBlujjBaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQwMjk0NTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

VRS diesel with test till November and a wisp of tax, €1750

WCPGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

But it does have an M-sport body kit, I'd prefer they admitted it rather than suggest it was an actual M-sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭pah

pah wrote: »

The interior is something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

pah wrote: »

You make it sound like something else, its quite clean, I definitely would.
    What are the petrols like? I think I heard the diesels are ok, mileage is a bit steep.
    Thankfully its in Cork so I wont be tempted, otherwise I might be.

• Advertisement

IMO thats pretty expensive, needs to be much closer to a grand.

Lovely interior though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement