Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

W123-80's wrote: »
    '03 Civic 1.6
    NCT July '20
    84k miles

Bit of a shouty advert, but looks like a nice car if it checks out.

Asking €1,000

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/honda-civic-new-july-2020-nct-only-84000-miles-/21729388

It's over priced and possibly the worst variant of the civic that honda has produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/just-nct-2020/21810519

NjZkNjg2NmU4YjllMzUyM2NkNTkzODJiZjM3NTQwODTsonIKxUMrUq9jyhimApf5aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQxMjA3NTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking diesel A6 estate with a years test for €1800. Miles are a tad high and the photos don't inspire much confidence but its cheap for an avant

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-black/21810650

NzM3ZmNmNjYwNzczZmU4MjMzNTE2ODZhMzgzMjUyMjFLBFejHcV53vZVR8LCzHY3aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQxMjA5NDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Test till January and tax till October - €400

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That's almost risk free for that money. Seriously tempting.

I was gonna post it in the cheap-o thread but thought it was too good for that. I would wager that car is a lot better in person than the ad let’s on, will have proper history etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I was gonna post it in the cheap-o thread but thought it was too good for that. I would wager that car is a lot better in person than the ad let’s on, will have proper history etc

Nice gated gravel driveway in south city Dublin and the AA sticker are good hallmarks for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

€1,500 gets you a years test and a car that won't lose value, claimed very low mileage, cheap to run and fix, rising in price and a future classic.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-cinquecento-sporting/21811684

MmE4NmEwYTVhYWFkNDA2ZTFlM2U1YzRhOTgxOTk0NGZ1eDWkifeVO0Zo8GIa5mO1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQxMzExNjh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

ZGI5MWEzMDhiZDZmYjA1ZTU2MmYwZmNkM2EzOWJmMjHpeQS7F4CxRTcHieS1_ZcRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQxMzExNzJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

KevRossi wrote: »
    €1,500 gets you a years test and a car that won't lose value, claimed very low mileage, cheap to run and fix, rising in price and a future classic.

A backroadser made a 5 hour roundtrip to view that car and didn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

NzM3ZmNmNjYwNzczZmU4MjMzNTE2ODZhMzgzMjUyMjFLBFejHcV53vZVR8LCzHY3aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQxMjA5NDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

That looks a nice genuine one. No risk at that price. If I were close to Dublin I'd seriously consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Buy it quick and you'll get half a tank of juice, that's worth another €25!!

With the tax and new tyres that's a free car essentially.

• Advertisement

Buy it quick and you'll get half a tank of juice, that's worth another €25!!

With the tax and new tyres that's a free car essentially.

Bet the tyres aren’t Chinese ditch finders either!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

And you get to shout Bus Wanker! out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

The headlights alone have me sucked in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Nice gated gravel driveway in south city Dublin and the AA sticker are good hallmarks for sure.

Sometimes an ad whacks of dodgy and other times an ad whacks of genuine honesty and transparency. If ever I seen one that screams the latter that is it for some reason. Full name of the seller provided who is of Irish/ UK origin. No change of ownership within the last 3 months, no upper case screaming and exclamation marks all over the place and no "Easy search EVO BMW SRI GT Audi Type R" at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Sometimes an ad whacks of dodgy and other times an ad whacks of genuine honesty and transparency. If ever I seen one that screams the latter that is it for some reason. Full name of the seller provided who is of Irish/ UK origin. No change of ownership within the last 3 months, no upper case screaming and exclamation marks all over the place and no "Easy search EVO BMW SRI GT Audi Type R" at the end.

The only potentially dodgy thing in that ad is the 1.4 engine. The gearbox bolted to it wouldnt be the greatest either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Interslice wrote: »
    The only potentially dodgy thing in that ad is the 1.4 engine. The gearbox bolted to it wouldnt be the greatest either.

Even at that though. Could get someone over a hump (while their old Toyotas are off the road).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Gone now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭The lips

The golf sold.

Thanks to bangernomics I picked up the 07 civic saloon that was mentioned here a week ago, incredible condition, full extensive history, it will keep my mum motoring for a few years I hope

The lips wrote: »
    The golf sold.

Thanks to bangernomics I picked up the 07 civic saloon that was mentioned here a week ago, incredible condition, full extensive history, it will keep my mum motoring for a few years I hope

The blue hybrid one?

The blue hybrid one?

Beige coloured, Carlow area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is it small or just far away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The golf sold.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    RceAswv.jpg

07 Honda Civic Petrol 1.8
    90,000 miles, €1,950, Tax €636 p.a., NCT until October

Presumably it was this one?
    And you never thanked the post :p

Just kidding. Well wear if it was. Tbh I thought it was too good to be true and wondered what the catch was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'05 525D
    NCT March '20
    458k Kms
    0 previous owners

Its a credit to it's owner, looks immaculate.
    I'd prefer to be buying it for less than €1k

Asking €1,400

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-525d-one-owner-nct-march-20/21558456

I was gonna post that yesterday but held off. It definitely needs to be closer to a grand, but it looks incredibly good for the mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

'05 525D
    NCT March '20
    458k Kms
    0 previous owners

Its a credit to it's owner, looks immaculate.
    I'd prefer to be buying it for less than €1k

Asking €1,400

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-525d-one-owner-nct-march-20/21558456

I love this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Beige coloured, Carlow area.

Was trying to convince a friend to spin down from dublin. It would be job done i said. Too far he said. A week later and hes still viewing stuff :rolleyes:

The golf sold.

RceAswv.jpg

07 Honda Civic Petrol 1.8
    90,000 miles, €1,950, Tax €636 p.a., NCT until October

Presumably it was this one?
    And you never thanked the post :p

Just kidding. Well wear if it was. Tbh I thought it was too good to be true and wondered what the catch was.

Thats the one, I was waiting for the catch too, full new exhaust from the catalytic convertor, delivery stickers still on the back of the drivers seat. Very unlike an Irish car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I thought it was too good to be true and wondered what the catch was.

Its an 07, 1.8 petrol civic with 5 months NCT for nearly 2 grand. They're not exactly giving it away, so I would expect it to be pretty sorted - especially if travelling into the wilds of Carlow!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-dodge-avenger-alternative-car-to-passat-or-oc/21819889

NzJlYTc5MDRlODA2MDFhY2QwMGE2MTI4NTIyMmJkODkJmuFerCjTd6Nt9QwLR05HaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQxOTMwMDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT till November 2020, cheap tax, seemingly well looked after - €2k

Dreamer or somewhat acceptable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Why is he wording it as VW Passat in read up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement