Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

bear1 wrote: »
    It's not sub 2k though, mot isn't valid in this country and if we are then allowed to submit foreign registered cars we may as well post cars from all over the EU :)

1395 is sub 2k (Vrt if bringing it through is €571, which is still sub 2k.)
    MOT is valid in 6 counties.
    Car is located in Donegal.
    It's not as though it'll have to be shipped anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

You'd need a receipt from the north stating the date it was imported , that might be an issue if it's in the republic already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Not sure which version you checked but when I checked it was nearly 700 to vrt it.
    You then need to immediately nct it and tax it.
    Valid in 6 counties.. Which aren't in our country correct?
    Car is located in donegal, is it road legal in donegal?
    What is the point in this debate I don't know but it doesn't exactly confirm to the requirements here.
    Start a thread for cars registered in other countries which can be considered cheap if you think its still worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

jharr100 wrote: »
    Motorcheck says it's a 1.4 d4d .. 92g co2/km..
    505 euro vrt

says its a 2.0 in the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

jharr100 wrote: »
    Motorcheck says it's a 1.4 d4d .. 92g co2/km..
    505 euro vrt

It’s definately a 2.0. Gear shifter is different on them for lift up reverse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

terrydel wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-scenic-conquest-2008-1-5-diesel-new-nct/21801182

Cheap tax, long nct, lots of recent work done with receipts, looks in good nick.
    Practical yoke.

Missus bought this today for 1600 as a 2nd car.
    Tidy motor. Some amount of storage in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Don't use any of the switches or open the windows and you'll be grand. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-fiat-panda/21990578

NTVkMDI2NDZjNTlhZDJmZDFhNjE5MDY4ZWE1YzFhOTlMGSYllN_R3sZHTQLUb2iraHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjU0MjcxMTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

08 1 owner Panda, NCT till Feb 2020, bit of tax, low miles, €1100

Not a bad car for the money really

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

yobr wrote: »

Worth zero imo. 2.0 petrol auto on the old tax system, no tax or test. Be lucky to get €80 never mind €800.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Good stuff, best of luck with it.

I see Donedeal have finally added an NCT filter in the search bar, handy for this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I see Donedeal have finally added an NCT filter in the search bar, handy for this thread

Just noticed that about 10 mins ago myself!
    About time they added it.

One feature they are seriously lacking compared to Adverts and Facebook etc is location search. Still only narrows it by county, but hopefully they will add that soon also

Yeah, and just to be really needy and ungrateful - it would be nice if you could set a minimum amount of required NCT when searching

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I see adverts update yesterday allows you post your adverts.ie ad to DoneDeal for free

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

What app could you see when a car was last taxed etc? I thought it was adverts but can't seem to find it. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

CorkMan_ wrote: »
    What app could you see when a car was last taxed etc? I thought it was adverts but can't seem to find it. TIA

If you go to carsireland.com and select “place add”, when you put in the ref it populates the car make and model as well as nct and tax due dates as well as previous owners

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

Thanks blindside88. I know about that one but there was a different app/site that would actually tell you when a car was last taxed which was very handy. I had it saved on my old phone but it didn't transfer across to my new one and I got rid of the old phone before I copped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Advertisement

A drivers side quarter panel for one of those is €2500 IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Thats great bangernomics. No matter what happens you will always get €500 back for that from the exporters. More if supply is scarce.

That said in years to come we'll all be wondering where they're gone. As they rise in price.

They’re such a cool old bus.

What ever happened to yours selectamatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There would be many more years and miles left on that as a taxi down in Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

What ever happened to yours selectamatic?

Mines an Ipsum jap version of a picnic. Its immobile at the minute but I'm hoping to sort it this summer. If I finally get my carina on the road.

The ipsum had a coolant leak that a friend ignored and as a result he proceeded to boil it on his way to work in Dublin early one Monday morning. He ended up melting two plug leads to the spark plugs it got that hot. And he reckoned he couldn't stop due to time constraints. The head might be beyond salvageable but I won't know till I pull it off.

Same man wouldn't be very mechanically minded but he owned a share in it so was using it while his other car was goosed. Shame really but it is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

bazz26 wrote: »
    There would be many more years and miles left on that as a taxi down in Africa.

I bet you don’t have to pay NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE big ones to tax it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Anyway to find out how much tax is left on it?

Anyway to find out how much tax is left on it?

Tax ran out at the end of March according to the adverts app trick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Tax ran out at the end of March according to the adverts app trick

Suddenly makes it less palatable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement