Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

stedeb wrote: »
    Sorry lads think i posted in wrong thread.
    Its my car. Opinions on price etc realistic how can i sell for close to price requested?

Car looks good. Do the green light verification for a start.
    Price is unrealistic though. As said above the only way to get that sort of money is by putting tax on it, probably 12 months.
    Just drop the price. It’s a €750 car in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FDave

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-polo/22084146?campaign=2

Polo for 500 euro, NCT til Jan, tax til feb 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭CoBo55

FDave wrote: »

If it's the 4 cylinder engine that's a bargain, at that age insurance could be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

CoBo55 wrote: »
    If it's the 4 cylinder engine that's a bargain, at that age insurance could be difficult.

Ya there 4 cylinder, great solid little car, vastly superior to the car that replaced it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

FDave wrote: »

That's not far off free in reality

• Advertisement

Ya there 4 cylinder, great solid little car, vastly superior to the car that replaced it.

That's for sure!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

€33k for a Vectra :o

Believe it or not you can pay up to €55k for an Insignia.
    Read 'em and weep.
    https://www.windsor.ie/opel/new-car-prices/insignia-gs/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Maybe it has, but to be fair its an 11 year old car so I wouldn't pay much attention to a missed stamp from a few years ago. When I see "full service history" in any ad, not least one for a sub €2k car, I tend to take it with a pinch of salt. Of course its nice to have but it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

I have one of those Civics at the minute, a 1.3 hybrid, and its great. Nice enough to drive and very well put together. To be honest you can't really go too far wrong with them, especially the 1.8 as above. A poster on here Colm_mcm has one and he speaks very highly of it

I was dithering about looking at options the last few days and after reading this endorsement this morning I did a bit of research and went out and bought a 06 1.8 this afternoon.

2 owners, 210k km's on the clock and a good bit of service history, fresh NCT and a months tax for 800 euro.

Very impressed driving from it from west Cork to south Kerry, up and down twisty mountain roads. Very comfortable and surprisingly light on juice.

Cheers Duke and Colm, if it's good enough for ye....

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Post a few pics. They are definitely the e10 Corolla of the 2000's in terms of dependability. I wonder how my own is doing :pac:

Post a few pics. They are definitely the e10 Corolla of the 2000's in terms of dependability. I wonder how my own is doing :pac:

I'm really not good with computers, hope this works.

https://photos.donedeal.ie/ddimg/MDE2ZThmODllMmZkYTFmZDA2NGQyOTQ0MDE0ODdlOTn476bB1f3vqtKEfAR-BN5raHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjUxMDkxNzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

Yz-A2-MWQw-NTRj-YTZl-Nz-E2-NTE4-MGU3-Zjlh-OGE0-ODlj-ZGb0-WZk6h-Ccc6c-IT412dj20a-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25hd3-Mu-Y29t-L2-Rvbm-Vk-ZWFs-Lmll-LXBob3-Rvcy9wa-G90b18x-Mj-Ux-MDkx-Nz-V8f-Hw2-MDB4-Nj-Awf-Hx8f-Hx8f-Hw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Well wear.
    Looks good in red.

Looks good, got the all important pan roof! Does the blind work :)

Yeah smooth out, the drivers wing mirror was replaced and as well as that there are the usual small dents, scratches and imperfections on an old car driven in the country, but it'll blend in well where it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

The blinds are problematic on them, a few I viewed at the time I bought mine had either a completely broken blind or it was sticking and then going back at a rate of knots making a big clatter in the process.

I don't even bother using it on mine, just leave it open all the time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Red paint is nice to look at but for the love of God keep it waxed and polished well

The red on them tends to fade very easily and looks muck when it does !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Lads going to view this now, anything I should look out for ?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/22005305

Lads going to view this now, anything I should look out for ?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/22005305

Hard to go too far wrong, the engines are hardly, recent clutch done, long test. Once you are ok with it not having a single straight panel on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Hard to go too far wrong, the engines are hardly, recent clutch done, long test. Once you are ok with it not having a single straight panel on it.

Inside looks filthy too, from what little you can see of it.

Kamili wrote: »

The dirtier the better :P

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The blinds are problematic on them, a few I viewed at the time I bought mine had either a completely broken blind or it was sticking and then going back at a rate of knots making a big clatter in the process.

I don't even bother using it on mine, just leave it open all the time now.

Yeah, I never used mine, there isn't a harsh glare or anything with it open.

The front blind on mine would open an inch or two and stop, then it was like a loaded gun, tip it with your finger and it'd snap back with a bang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

That's some spot with those photos. I think the one with the window switches, the door is open and it's the ground you are seeing, not the floor of the car.

terrydel wrote: »
    That's some spot with those photos. I think the one with the window switches, the door is open and it's the ground you are seeing, not the floor of the car.

It really doesn't bother me too much, i'll clean her up anyway. I just learned this model also has a chain rather than a belt so another box ticked i suppose.
    I really just need something reliable to last me a year.

terrydel wrote: »

no not that one, the one of the steering wheel and the seats. the seats are badly stained.

ZWFjOWJlYmU5MjdmNTk4N2U4OTdmYWYzYWM4NzVjOTUuVHx_Ms9yDw1DvKmamuZhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjU1Mzc2Nzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Those seats are seriously prone to staining, one of the worst materials ever for it, most of them are stained to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

no not that one, the one of the steering wheel and the seats. the seats are badly stained.

ZWFjOWJlYmU5MjdmNTk4N2U4OTdmYWYzYWM4NzVjOTUuVHx_Ms9yDw1DvKmamuZhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjU1Mzc2Nzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

They stain so easy exactly like fords.....

Good scrub

Those seats are seriously prone to staining, one of the worst materials ever for it, most of them are stained to some extent.

For me I couldn't do it, gross!

100% every single one of them are like it.

For me I couldn't do it, gross!

Nothing that a couple of hours with a scrubbing brush and a decent car interior shampoo wouldn't sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The steering wheel looks a bit worn for 90k miles though doesn’t it? And that Bluetooth kit thing to the right of the wheel is a bit taxi-ish..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement