Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Should be relatively light on the pocket and looks clean. Ideally a bit light on NCT though.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-honda-civic/22120713
    2007 Civic 1/3 litre 6 speed,
    149K miles;
    NCT 09/19;
    Asking €1,450.

Any detectives work out the reg for a car check ? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They’re a great bit of cheap flash. I still miss mine.
    Same here.
    I'm lusting after a v8 one. Only for I have no storage at the moment (and I'm already paying for my corona monthly storage) I'd have bought the v8 that's on DD now. Some amount of flash for sub 1k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Lots of Civic talk here recently, so here's another. Fresh NCT,low mileage & all for €850.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/48k-miles-civic-spotless/22138578

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

trixiebust wrote: »
    Lots of Civic talk here recently, so here's another. Fresh NCT,low mileage & all for €850.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/48k-miles-civic-spotless/22138578

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

ELM327 wrote: »
    Same here.
    I'm lusting after a v8 one. Only for I have no storage at the moment (and I'm already paying for my corona monthly storage) I'd have bought the v8 that's on DD now. Some amount of flash for sub 1k

The v6 is supposedly not too bad on fuel either if the talk is to be believed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Wouldn't worry too much about the bumper, probably just worn from the knees of the people pushing it to the petrol station.

:D:D:D

Reminds me of the 80s going back to the UK and having to push the car off the boat at Fishguard and down to the petrol station because we'd try and buy as little petrol in Ireland during the Christmas and try and make do with fumes. We weren't the only ones. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭CiboC

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    A year newer
    2.5 instead of 3 litre (little bit easier on the pocket for tax!)
    Just over 80,000 miles, about 6 weeks tax remaining and also NCT'd until 2020
    Seriously tempting!!!

More than a year newer, also the last model revision. The last of the S's had a lot of improvements brought over from the newly developed XJ model, which makes the two very different cars from one model year to the next...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Some Puntonomics, €399 from a dealer. Long NCT to 3/20

ZjY4MTU0ZGZkOTEzOGIzNDBhZjZjN2U5MzRlMzk3ZTUkEuMPlm-qAglRWSHGCQWwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjYxMjE3MzJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bear1 wrote: »
    The v6 is supposedly not too bad on fuel either if the talk is to be believed?

I was able to get 30mpg out of the 3.0 manual

Incidentally, the 3.0 manual is only 0.3 of a second slower to 60mph than the 4.0 V8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-maxima-qx/22108726?campaign=3

ZTJjN2U5MWU0MDMwOTg4MTU4YWI1ZGRlMTliMTFhZmGqJKANOpHPbgzoKm_lF7m8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjYyMzQ4NTN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Test till 2020, few weeks tax, low miles, nice leather etc

Its too expensive but I have a real soft spot for these and this looks a lovely example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

ZTJjN2U5MWU0MDMwOTg4MTU4YWI1ZGRlMTliMTFhZmGqJKANOpHPbgzoKm_lF7m8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjYyMzQ4NTN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Its too expensive but I have a real soft spot for these and this looks a lovely example

Always had a soft spot for these and the Camry but still always wondered who in their right minds ever bought them given how much they would set you back!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That looks mint, even the leather looks great. Yeah it's expensive but those v6 engines are fairly bullet proof so if you could get it for €1200 it might work out reasonable spread across the entire length of ownership.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Always had a soft spot for these and the Camry but still always wondered who in their right minds ever bought them given how much they would set you back!

I had one in the late 90's and it was a hand-me-down from the directors of the company (Civil Engineering Co.). That director was a very shrewd chap and he'd always have something nice but non German he reckoned it was better for turning up to meetings in as opposed to 530-740 BMWs which was far more the norm back then in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

humberklog wrote: »
    I had one in the 90's and it came down from the directors of the company (Civil Engineering Co.). That director was a very shrewd chap and he'd always have something nice but non German he reckoned it was better for turning up to meetings in as opposed to 530-740 BMWs which was far more the norm back then in England.

Company cars is all I would ever associate them with!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Hi guys, looking for a recomendation for myself. Living on the border between wicklow and wexford. Would be looking for something 08+ for tax and insurance reasons, and preferablly with an NCT. I currently have a round trip to work and back of about 100km but that will be doubling in a few months. Looking for something that will keep me going for a year or two. I'm a relatively new driver, so due to that and to actually get insurance I wouldnt be looking for anything over a 1.6. Thanks a mil

Phew! I got a 08 Avensis 1.6 petrol with 128,000km for €2000 with a service next week, NCT is due in September and he'll put it through it and two new tyres immediately. I'm relieved and delighted. :D

At least the Maxima was only 2.0 so tax wasn’t too bad, I’d sooner have a 2.0 V6 than a 2.2 / 2.4 four pot like in a Camry.

These were well priced compared to premium brands, and they were comparably well equipped too.

Phew! I got a 08 Avensis 1.6 petrol with 128,000km for €2000 with a service next week, is due in September and he'll put it through it and two new tyres immediately. I'm relieved and delighted. :D

Check it isn’t on the €750 tax.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Check it isn’t on the €750 tax.

Is there such a thing on that age of an Avensis? :eek:

I assumed it was the same as my old car which was a 06 and €514 for the year. Feck. Now I'm panicked. Still I'm not handing over the cash till the morning so could back out if necessary.

Is there such a thing on that age of an Avensis? :eek:

I assumed it was the same as my old car which was a 06 and €514 for the year. Feck. Now I'm panicked. Still I'm not handing over the cash till the morning so could back out if necessary.

Anything registered after July 1st would be on €750 tax. There are a good few out there.

You can check the rate on www.motortax.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Tbh if the rest of the car was all good then 236 a year wouldnt be a deal breaker.

Annoying though :(

Old diesel wrote: »
    Tbh if the rest of the car was all good then 236 a year wouldnt be a deal breaker.

If it’s on €750 tax then it’s not worth €2k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Got the alert for this one myself as had a Maxima alert setup
    Looks lovely, and same owner for 12 years too
    Just a pity it's not a wee bit cheaper

He’s already losing a fortune on it either way.
    I’d say it’d be worth getting in touch.

Burgo wrote: »
    Hi guys, looking for a recomendation for myself. Living on the border between wicklow and wexford. Would be looking for something 08+ for tax and insurance reasons, and preferablly with an NCT. I currently have a round trip to work and back of about 100km but that will be doubling in a few months. Looking for something that will keep me going for a year or two. I'm a relatively new driver, so due to that and to actually get insurance I wouldnt be looking for anything over a 1.6. Thanks a mil

This is a bit over budget, but they are decent cars and it ticks all of your boxes. It will be a bit more comfortable than a Fiesta or Polo on a long commute too. I'd say it could be gotten within budget. Plenty of NCT and tax on it already

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-renault-fluence-1-5dci-nct-9-20-tax-10-19/21623241

NTI3MzgwNmZhOTM2NGZhMGIxYWFiZTQ1YWZlNmRlNzgFWNC-QfKGPkBFUCHuv15-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjI4MDc3MzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Jeekers if that’s an honest car then it’s a lot of chapetaxenomics for the money. Mileage is high enough though.

Seller is being cute advertising the miles rather than the Kms.

Did you see this one?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-maxima/21951195

ZGQyNDE0NzRkYjc3MzA2ODAyMTI0YTJkZjNjODI5NWWrhU-ek-Z9PhXeqN7gFUhQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjUxNTU0ODh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Old model and manual, but loads of test and its only €800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

This is a bit over budget, but they are decent cars and it ticks all of your boxes. It will be a bit more comfortable than a Fiesta or Polo on a long commute too. I'd say it could be gotten within budget. Plenty of NCT and tax on it already

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-renault-fluence-1-5dci-nct-9-20-tax-10-19/21623241

NTI3MzgwNmZhOTM2NGZhMGIxYWFiZTQ1YWZlNmRlNzgFWNC-QfKGPkBFUCHuv15-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjI4MDc3MzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

They've aged well those fluence, in my opinion of course!

Old diesel wrote: »

Oh, more than annoying. It would be a deal breaker. I can barely manage the 514 divided into quarters never mind adding on that much more. Feck. :( I'll find out before I hand over the money.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e-class-2004-nct-and-tax/22121208?campaign=3

MTBlMmYxMjgzZmZjYzQ0MmU0MDE5MGI3OTAwYzlhYTH-fXUiW2GTOmXp6WiyhwoCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjYzNDIyMTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT till Feb 2020, tax till August, "sold as seen", €999

Cheap flash. WCPGW?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement