Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

Someone asked about the same GTV on the 'Irish Classic Car Drivers' Facebook group when the car was on DoneDeal last month,and he was told to stay well clear....
    A Hungarian guy has it,AFAIK he's a mechanic,thankfully it looks like he has got rid of the red grill and wipers that were on it last month....
    I like it though (if it was put back to standard) I see it as something you could rock up to Cars and Coffee in :D
    According to Clarkson,"you're not a true petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

RWD wrote: »
    Someone asked about the same GTV on the 'Irish Classic Car Drivers' Facebook group when the car was on DoneDeal last month,and he was told to stay well clear....
    A Hungarian guy has it,AFAIK he's a mechanic,thankfully it looks like he has got rid of the red grill and wipers that were on it last month....
    I like it though (if it was put back to standard) I see it as something you could rock up to Cars and Coffee in :D
    According to Clarkson,"you're not a true petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa"

I always ask myself "What would Clarkson think?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The arse has really fallen out of Mk1 Yari'. Not too long ago even a rough enough one with no test would make over €1k.

8 months test and 4 months tax, asking €550.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-nct-02-18-tax-10-17/15868649

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

My own car up for sale. €1500. NCT Nov 17, Tax March 18.

Has a wiring problem causing it to hesitate intermittently when accelerating hence the price.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-honda-jazz-fit-auto-1-4-nctd-11-17-tax-3-18/15870673

6C69298F-8600-420F-BDFF-E9E8EA08B5E1_zpsrqwgljzx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jap import I'm guessing?
    What's the wiring problem exactly? I'd say it's more for the fixerupper thread tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Yes, Jap import, which is why it is listed as a Jazz/Fit

This thread basically describes what the wiring problem is. http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8954 It hesitates when accelerating, but is fine when you are at a steady speed My mechanic has looked at it, but still can't find where it is, in the end I just got sick of taking into the garage (as first it was thought to be spark plugs which were replaced, then thought to be air flow meter which was replaced and made no difference, then EGR until we found the info about the wiring).

If a mod thinks it should be moved I'm happy for the posts to be moved to the appropriate thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've mine on a classic policy with autoline for 350 odd.
    Fully comp, 5000 miles a year and cover for 60 days in Europe.
    Im 25

As a 45 year old, and using the car as an occasional motor for fun, that's the kind of money I'd be thinking.
    It's gorgeous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Brian Scan wrote: »
    [/B]

I always ask myself "What would Clarkson think?"

I'm hungry and I want to box someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

CiboC wrote: »
    Based on my 30 years of driving all manner of Alfas that is just bollox.

As long as normal maintenance has been kept up they are as reliable as any other car.

That as long as they are maintained they are as reliable as any car argument is just bollox tbh. They need to be pampered and lots spent on maintenance and even at that lots go wrong on them outside of regular maintenance that no maintenance will prevent.

They are nice cars but Mechanically they are just very soft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

The arse has really fallen out of Mk1 Yari'. Not too long ago even a rough enough one with no test would make over €1k.

8 months test and 4 months tax, asking €550.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-nct-02-18-tax-10-17/15868649
    I thought I'd found a cheaper one.....'great little car-needs engine'
    Maybe not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's a very rare colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Octavia Tour on de chape tax. The holy grail basically.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-skoda-octavia-1-9-tdi-nct-02-18-amptaxed-2000/15707827

Another ex taxi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Agreed. I think I only ever sold one new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

My own car
    First Volvo I've owned.

Love the car and have had it since around Sep last year, but would like to trade up to something newer and a bit roomier inside

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-volvo-s40-diesel-6-speed-tax-and-test/15390977

Y2RiYzg3NWIwZmFiODNlN2U4YWUwZjViYTc2NjQ4OTNqA_YsK-lfpk4EZumvRX9zaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MzE0NTkxM3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

colm_mcm wrote: »

0-60 time is 11.3 seconds according to the donedeal ad. That sounds really slow for a mondeo ST?

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    My own car
    First Volvo I've owned.

Love the car and have had it since around Sep last year, but would like to trade up to something newer and a bit roomier inside

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-volvo-s40-diesel-6-speed-tax-and-test/15390977

Y2RiYzg3NWIwZmFiODNlN2U4YWUwZjViYTc2NjQ4OTNqA_YsK-lfpk4EZumvRX9zaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MzE0NTkxM3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Very short test on that so not suitable for the thread but quite a good price all the same.
    high horse wrote: »
    0-60 time is 11.3 seconds according to the donedeal ad. That sounds really slow for a mondeo ST?

Those are sub 10s so probably has it put down wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

goz83 wrote: »
    SOLD SOLD SOLD on adverts

My Bangernomic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-zafira-1-6-2006/15806101

MDVkZjgyYWUxMmNiMzFkYTU5Mzg3YzZiNjk0MGIyM2JXQjE0li9RHQWGZoJYPwhaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NTY1NDYwMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€1500

Taxed til December

NCT til November

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Apologies for bringing up an old post,but what are the 1.6 Zafira's like in general?,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

bear1 wrote: »
    Very short test on that so not suitable for the thread but quite a good price all the same.

Those are sub 10s so probably has it put down wrong.

I looked at the specs on Parkers and the Mondeo ST does 0-60 in 8.4 seconds which is what I would have expected

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Picked up another Banger yesterday. Last banger didn't make it through the test, and I'm not arsed trying.

Picked up an 06 Mazda 6, taxed til September, tested til this time next year, 2 new tyres, & serviced for 700 snows. Oh, and the Nokia Car Kit. Did they come standard in Mazdas back then?

Short on test alright, but still suitable for thread...

Bangernomics rules:
    Under €2000
    Valid NCT
    Something you'd actually drive yourself
    VRT paid

Have been debating whether or not to test if selling it on, but at this stage I think I'll book it in

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Short on test alright, but still suitable for thread...

Bangernomics rules:
    Under €2000
    Valid NCT
    Something you'd actually drive yourself
    VRT paid

Have been debating whether or not to test if selling it on, but at this stage I think I'll book it in

Sorry, I was sure it was a min 3 month NCT.
    My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Sorry, I was sure it was a min 3 month NCT.
    My bad.

General consensus says minimum nct for good bangernomics is 3 months but yeah any length of time is technically okay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

General consensus says minimum nct for good bangernomics is 3 months but yeah any length of time is technically okay

Anything shorter makes potential buyers wonder why its not booked in, and if something is wrong. Its also n extra expense for them to factor in too.

• Advertisement

Just booked it in there now for test tomorrow, so should have NCT for another year hopefully! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement