Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

He had a passat which he said he would never buy another of. The task is 390 on an 08/09 mazda. My question avoiding the tax is. What are the engines like

Chocolate02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

The tax nearly costs as much as the car.

Nice car but wouldn't be for me.

Now sold

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mazda 6 diesels are best avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Paullimerick

That's ok.
    I was only.asking in here as been following this thread for ages and these guys know there cars. Apoligies for mentioning it in the wrong place people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Hi Guys,

I hadn't adviertised the wife's car anywhere as was planning on trading it in but thought I'd offer it up here if anyone is interested. It's an 07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 turbo diesel. 207k kms on the clock, put through the nct early so has 2 years nct. Will sell for bangernomics money. Nice spec with cruise control, half leather and parrot hands free kit. Anyone any interest?

Just did up a quick DoneDeal ad, pics aren't great because they were just ones I had on the phone from sending to a dealer

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/15918886
    07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 Diesel NCT 06/19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Squatman

Hi Guys,

I hadn't adviertised the wife's car anywhere as was planning on trading it in but thought I'd offer it up here if anyone is interested. It's an 07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 turbo diesel. 207k kms on the clock, put through the nct early so has 2 years nct. Will sell for bangernomics money. Nice spec with cruise control, half leather and parrot hands free kit. Anyone any interest?

Just did up a quick DoneDeal ad, pics aren't great because they were just ones I had on the phone from sending to a dealer

Good looking car for that money! Good luck with sale

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hi Guys,

You should update ad with proper NCT date as you have right now it down as 06/17

Hi Guys,

You should update ad with proper NCT date as you have right now it down as 06/17

Thanks for that, so used to writing 06/17, changes. Ow

Car sold, full asking. Maybe I priced it too cheaply but it's sold now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

You did yeah, imo. Someone got a bargain but you got a quick and (presumably) hassle free sale. Win/win..once you're not too out of pocket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yep, you might have got another few quid out of it. Along with weeks (or if you overpriced it - months) of texts and calls from last price merchants and tyre kickers. Nicely done.

Trojan wrote: »

Yep, you might have got another few quid out of it. Along with weeks (or if you overpriced it - months) of texts and calls from last price merchants and tyre kickers. Nicely done.

My thoughts exactly, there was a guy looking at it and the next door neighbour came over to say he'd take it at full price. The other guy was giving me €100 less than asking so happy out. I was only getting €1000 as a trade in so €1100 better off and I agreed a straight sale price on the new car so win win

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-1-8t-automatic-new-nct-full-history/15923916

NmRhZjM0YTE0ZTE5MjI4ZDc1MGUzODI3OTY0ZmU4YTKKQHC5ERUzp1foxP7YQg5-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NjQzMTIzMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

1.8t automatic, NCT to 3/18, €1800. That leather looks in really good nick. Not sure I buy the "it was my dear old mother's car" line, but if the car checked out it could be a nice buy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

My thoughts exactly, there was a guy looking at it and the next door neighbour came over to say he'd take it at full price. The other guy was giving me €100 less than asking so happy out. I was only getting €1000 as a trade in so €1100 better off and I agreed a straight sale price on the new car so win win

Cute selling tip noted :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-pao/15587726

ZTFmYmQ4MTc3MzE5ZjRjNjQwYzhiY2YwZjhhYTZjNDQ8l6L9jZvNe8EPc9RYs4onaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDI4NDUwMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Only NCT'd till August, but this must be the first we've had in here? €1500

Nice turnaround!

http://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/figaro/very-rare-nissan-pao-fully-restored/13231930

edit Idk why the :cool: is in the title??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Don't be lying now. We all know you entered it on purpose. :pac:

That is some turn around. Do you reckon he will get it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

Nice turnaround!

http://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/figaro/very-rare-nissan-pao-fully-restored/13231930

It's adverts, someone has to place an offer of 1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,629 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A bag of sand asking, over 1 years NCT and 2 months tax....

NGYwYTA0MmEwYmM4MzhlNGYxOTgxOTMxMTc3MjAxMTkuaVP0CoP9F5rA1kxceLXNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NjQxNzgzOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-2006/15922705

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

Apologies if wrong section. But has anyone had experience selling to the "we buy any cars for cash" lads that put the stickers up around swords etc., they're based on camp behind the NCT centre in Northpoint, have tow's and all that. Was thinking of getting them to pick up my old almera. Would rather get a couple of quid for scrap than pay to be taken (failed NCT in Feb for corrosion, said probably not worth trying to fix) or other suggestions? Ta

Apologies if wrong section. But has anyone had experience selling to the "we buy any cars for cash" lads that put the stickers up around swords etc., they're based on camp behind the NCT centre in Northpoint, have tow's and all that. Was thinking of getting them to pick up my old almera. Would rather get a couple of quid for scrap than pay to be taken (failed NCT in Feb for corrosion, said probably not worth trying to fix) or other suggestions? Ta

They won't give you a penny for it. They'll "take it off your hands" for free, the gentlemen. A friend of a friend was offered €500 for a 06 318i with tax and test from a similar crowd. They're not to be dealt with if you intend to get some kind of reasonable sum for your car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,629 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It will be such a pain in the hole that if you got the car and torched it in the local park you would come out of it better.

They won't give you a penny for it. They'll "take it off your hands" for free, the gentlemen. A friend of a friend was offered €500 for a 06 318i with tax and test from a similar crowd. They're not to be dealt with if you intend to get some kind of reasonable sum for your car.

Wow, thanks. Glad I asked :)

It will be such a pain in the hole that if you got the car and torched it in the local park you would come out of it better.

Cheers. I'll skip that so. Glad I asked :)

Cheers. I'll skip that so. Glad I asked :)

What kind of Almera is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Taking a rusty old almera off yoir hands for free might not be such a bad deal. I suspect they wouldn't touch it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

There's council approved "end of life" scrap yards who take most cars for free. Some collect

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nice turnaround!

They don't seem to have painted all of it! It's saying full respray but look at the scuttle panel

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Clean looking Mk4 Golf TDi with years test n some tax...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-tdi/15873442

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'm on mobile but is there no phone number on the Golf ad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

I'm on mobile but is there no phone number on the Golf ad?

There is alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement