Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

colm_mcm wrote: »

there must be something very wrong with this. it seems too cheap.

Now this is interesting for the money. Duke O Smiley, I'm looking at you.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-croma-mint-nct-december-2017/15863632

Corolla Strata, twould clean up well
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-t3-1-4-terra-nct-and-tax-low-miles/15953157

Doesn't seem to have the air on stated and seller obviously hasn't a clue.

Love the "you won't find one as clean and original" and the dirt of the seats. Whip the covers off and run em through the washing machine and they'll be like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

there must be something very wrong with this. it seems too cheap.
    I sold my 2007 Legacy estate last year for €3k. I was the 2nd owner. It had full service history, full test, good tyres etc etc. Extremely well minded car by myself and the owner before me. I was glad to get the €3k for it.
    Whilst the new owner got a very very good car, I had a feeling the arse was about to drop out of them and needed a few quid.
    €1.5k is about right asking for that car in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

That's decent value and that 1.8 isn't too bad. More reliable than the 407 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

No.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Mighty tempting. Pity it's not a hatchback though.

• Advertisement

No.

:)

sorry I don't understand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Tomjim wrote: »
    sorry I don't understand

They are not a very nice car and that one has big mileage. The price isn't all that cheap considering you can get something more modern like a 2002/2003 corolla for a few hundred more

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    They are not a very nice car and that one has big mileage. The price isn't all that cheap considering you can get something more modern like a 2002/2003 corolla for a few hundred more

Its 110,00 miles, thats not huge mileage or is it

Its 110,00 miles, thats not huge mileage or is it

From what I can see it's got 177k miles. I know it says km but I bet its miles

From what I can see it's got 177k miles. I know it says km but I bet its miles

I don't think so its 110,000 miles, I had a quick look at it this evening

I don't think so its 110,000 miles, I had a quick look at it this evening

Why would they put 177k km in the ad, usually the seller puts the lower number in. 110k miles looks better in the ad than 177k km

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Why would they put 177k km in the ad, usually the seller puts the lower number in. 110k miles looks better in the ad than 177k km

Because it is km that is the official mileage unit now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

This GT TDI Golf is getting no hits.

A very minor price reduction in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Noticed it was advertised in the vintage section on Donedeal yesterday :D

grogi wrote: »
    Because it is km that is the official mileage unit now...

Being offical means nothing. That car has mph instrument dials and mileage so why convert and put the higher km number in the ad. In most dd ads sellers usually put the miles in if they are low or low-ish. Lots of high mileage cars have the km's in the ad even though it's really miles they have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Corolla Strata, twould clean up well
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-t3-1-4-terra-nct-and-tax-low-miles/15953157

Doesn't seem to have the air on stated and seller obviously hasn't a clue.
    It has air con stated twice - "climate control" and "air conditioned model".
    Love the "you won't find one as clean and original" and the dirt of the seats. Whip the covers off and run em through the washing machine and they'll be like new.
    The one I love is "Spare wheel no never been out of boot" - seeing what condition alloys are in, I guess in case of puncture they just kept driving until nearest tyre place. :D

Anyway, nice find. I'd be more than interested if it was 1.6.

joujoujou wrote: »

The one I love is "Spare wheel no never been out of boot" - seeing what condition alloys are in, I guess in case of puncture they just kept driving until nearest tyre place. :D

Why? It's not massively better than the 1.4 in terms of performance yet you still have to pay €129 extra to tax it each year.

Well you couldn't get climate on a Strata model, and aircon wasn't standard on them. It was available for about €1200 and to be fair I sold a few with it, as the nice Luna spec hadn't come out at this stage and the older Luna missed out on a lot of nice bits that the Strata got.
    That said, I can't see the AC button where it should be, it looks like there is none

Well you couldn't get climate on a Strata model, and aircon wasn't standard on them. It was available for about €1200 and to be fair I sold a few with it, as the nice Luna spec hadn't come out at this stage and the older Luna missed out on a lot of nice bits that the Strata got.
    That said, I can't see the AC button where it should be, it looks like there is none
    For the price of that corolla I wouldn't mind not having the aircon but one of the alloys seems to be badly corroded and a few of the others seem to be showing early signs of it which is unusual on those alloys.

Just spotted an interior pic I hadn't seen. 100% doesn't have aircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Being offical means nothing. That car has mph instrument dials and mileage so why convert and put the higher km number in the ad. In most dd ads sellers usually put the miles in if they are low or low-ish. Lots of high mileage cars have the km's in the ad even though it's really miles they have done.

DD could go a step further and normalize all odo readings.

grogi wrote: »
    DD could go a step further and normalize all odo readings.

How would that work though? On the opel astra ad the mileage is written in the ad by the seller and not on the information part of the ad where it says the no of owners etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Why? It's not massively better than the 1.4 in terms of performance yet you still have to pay €129 extra to tax it each year.
    Not massively, but still better for ~1300 kg car. For me, definately worth 10ish a month in tax. :p

Not massively, but still better for ~1300 kg car. For me, definately worth 10ish a month in tax. :p

there is really Very little between them. The 1.4 is perfect in these tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

I thought those T spec cars were UK, says Irish and that its a terra?, no idea whats standard in either of them but it seems like its ok for the price, even if it does look a slight bit grubby in the front seats, hard to tell though. Id be hard pressed to part with climate control and cruise control as I like them when I need them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement