Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

1874 wrote: »
    I thought those T spec cars were UK, says Irish and that its a terra?, no idea whats standard in either of them but it seems like its ok for the price, even if it does look a slight bit grubby in the front seats, hard to tell though. Id be hard pressed to part with climate control and cruise control as I like them when I need them.

The seller is wrong, it's not a terra or a t3 it's a strata which was a mid spec irish model.

The fact that a motor trader doesn't know this is kind of shocking.

The grubby seats are an easy fix however

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

colm_mcm wrote: »

Mileage is high, how do those diesels last, thats high Mileage for wear and tear, thought there was damage on the rear picture, maybe its a reflection? I like the look, especially inside of French cars but have a fear of them since I had a few renaults and just swore off them and French cars.

Like the look of this, have always like them, I dont go for saloons for practical reasons and I prefer the look of some estates. Didnt realise these looked as nice inside as I think outside, no mention of cruise control it seems, but looks very clean and nice inside, that mpg is way less than what I get though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I'm thinking that's the first of the newer shape C5's to hit this thread, yeah ? Lovely looker but could you trust it ? Possibly better in Petrol than Diesel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

That C5 has been up a few times over the last few weeks, different ad,same pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Like the look of this, have always like them, I dont go for saloons for practical reasons and I prefer the look of some estates. Didnt realise these looked as nice inside as I think outside, no mention of cruise control it seems, but looks very clean and nice inside, that mpg is way less than what I get though.

A few of the hundred or so buttons on the steering wheel are bound to be for cruise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Jaguar S-Type.... I do love these - €1950:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-s-type-2-5-v6-luxury/14473639

High Mileage Micra but cheap motoring - €650:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-micra/15768323

Nice looking Passat, surely within reach - €2250:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-passat-1-6-fsi/15970801

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OTk0NTdmMTRiMDRiZjZiNzkzNzI2YTc0ODUzMDI4ZTOoLjaKtq-b2fwPbS2hErbWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183Njc2MjU1N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2000-mitsubishi-lancer-estate/15968992

Well now, that's certainly cheap motoring. A Lancer estate with claimed NCT until 2018 and tax until the end of the month for €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

JKerova1 wrote: »

Only depreciated by €350 in 2 years in the eyes of the seller :confused:

Or they're seeking a full return on their purchase after haggling back then. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    there is really Very little between them. The 1.4 is perfect in these tbh.
    Each to their own. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

If you're after decent spec and performance just get a corolla tsport. They're basically the same price as many 1.4's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

How would that work though? On the opel astra ad the mileage is written in the ad by the seller and not on the information part of the ad where it says the no of owners etc.

Owner puts down the mileage, either in miles or kkm. DD shows the equivalent only in unit of your preference.

A few of the hundred or so buttons on the steering wheel are bound to be for cruise!

:), yes Im sure, lets hope so, enough of them, I noticed but it wasn't mentioned in the advert. Cruise control, climate control and armrest, my preferred requirements.
    But what are they like as a car? someone says petrol over diesel, I thought french diesels were ok, other than that never really looked into Citroens or Renaults due to previous experiences, but this looks one of the nicest interiors, just wondering if its otherwise reliable/economical to run generally. It seems clean but someone else says its been up a few times, wondering if something gives with them generally.

If you're after decent spec and performance just get a corolla tsport. They're basically the same price as many 1.4's

Definitely get the t sport if you want something more powerful than the 1.4

Unregistered Users

Nope. I am not interested in corollas made in UK.

And finding unmolested TS is next to impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

How would that work though? On the opel astra ad the mileage is written in the ad by the seller and not on the information part of the ad where it says the no of owners etc.

I bought the car for 500 euro and it has 107000 miles on the clock. The seller was foreign so I guess he was used to talking in KM.

Anyway car is very clean and I am happy with the purchase

joujoujou wrote: »

A corolla is a corolla tbh itll make no difference where it was made be it UK or Japan especially in the case of the e12. If you're hell bent on getting a jap one you'll have to go for a 1.5 jap import which will most likely be harder insure than a tsport and it'll be feck all faster than a 1.4

A corolla is a corolla tbh itll make no difference where it was made be it UK or Japan especially in the case of the e12. If you're hell bent on getting a jap one you'll have to go for a 1.5 jap import which will most likely be harder insure than a tsport and it'll be feck all faster than a 1.4

I think Ive read just that about Toyotas, may have been Avensis but I thought about Corollas myself, that UK ones were better or worse? in some aspects than Japanese built ones, from what I understood it was japanese built versions that were sold here not as grey imports?? someone else may be able to confirm.

I think Ive read just that about Toyotas, may have been Avensis but I thought about Corollas myself, that UK ones were better or worse? in some aspects than Japanese built ones, from what I understood it was japanese built versions that were sold here not as grey imports?? someone else may be able to confirm.

Avensis is a Europe only car so I'd say it's the corolla you're referring to.

There's always been the talk of jap vs UK vs US production standards but in the case of the corolla a UK built e12 is about as reliable a noughties car a man could buy

There was a quality gap on the earlier 1997-2002 corollas alrite where the japanese ones were a bit more reliable, this was mainly down to components and the manufacturer of those components rather than the car or the drivetrain.

Newer models such as the e12 were fine in this regard, all were as reliable as each other.

• Advertisement

A tsport is made in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Squatman

Have ye any bangernomics lads? its not a toyota fans forum :D

Unregistered Users

A tsport is made in the uk
    That's exactly what I answered. :P

Finally, I have no urgent need to change my car, so just looking around from time to time. If I find something interesting for me, I may consider purchase. Maybe/perhaps/probably/who knows. ;)

That's exactly what I answered. :P

Finally, I have no urgent need to change my car, so just looking around from time to time. If I find something interesting for me, I may consider purchase. Maybe/perhaps/probably/who knows. ;)

Sorry I misread your post. What is wrong with the uk corollas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cinuzuzia

9-3 HOT Aero 200 BHP with NCT to 2/18 for €600. Might be a bit ropey but still!

hi, anyone has contact number to this add, on donedeal is already expired,
    thks

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

cinuzuzia wrote: »
    hi, anyone has contact number to this add, on donedeal is already expired,
    thks

Is it not sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Unregistered Users

Sorry I misread your post.
    No problem. :)
    What is wrong with the uk corollas?
    My own prejudice mostly. ;)

• Advertisement

One for the brave perhaps, but if it made it this far...
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-citroen-c5-1-6-hdi/16002563

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement