Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    No they are just a disaster full stop regardless of maintenance. I remember a relative looking at a very fresh one that was only a few years old back in the day and that had already gone through a turbo despite having a fsh. You were very lucky.

There's a 1.8 turbo petrol Mazda 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

There's a 1.8 turbo petrol Mazda 6?

He's talking about the diesel. Petrols are generally ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

grogi wrote: »
    He's talking about the diesel. Petrols are generally ok.

Just read it back. :o

All the linked ones were petrol, though.

The only way you'd get 1k for a diesel 6, was if you had 20 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ballyboyo

Just read it back. :o

All the linked ones were petrol, though.

The only way you'd get 1k for a diesel 6, was if you had 20 of them.

LOL

Yeah the diesels have a bit of a bad rap alright, from what I heard the petrols will go on forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

ballyboyo wrote: »
    LOL

Yeah the diesels have a bit of a bad rap alright, from what I heard the petrols will go on forever.

They rust badly too so many petrol versions have ended up being scrapped too because of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ballyboyo

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    They rust badly too so many petrol versions have ended up being scrapped too because of this

Well now you come to mention it there are a few rusty patches here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

ballyboyo wrote: »
    Well now you come to mention it there are a few rusty patches here and there

All mazdas from the mid 90's seem to be made of very poor quality steel. They rust badly even at a young age and they are probably the worst modern car i've seen in this regard. It affects their entire range too.

Components such as wishbone arms and rear suspension components also always seem to have heavy rust on them on mazdas, a scenario that is very rare on other cars. Even the mazda 3 which is focus based but made in a different factory in japan is much more prone to rust on the body and suspension components compared to its ford counterpart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis/15864170

2007 Avensis diesel;
    NCT until 02/18;
    295k km
    €900

No doubt a bit ropey but Wayne claims mechanically car is 100%. If you have only about a grand to spend and want to go up in the years in a diesel it might be the way to go. Probably not for the image conscious among us though...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Wayne has it in the breaking and repairables section of DD too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

bazz26 wrote: »
    Wayne has it in the breaking and repairables section of DD too.

Good spot, hmm probably best avoided so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

2008 Fiat Punto
    NCT 06/18
    Full service, clutch & timing belt all apparently done recently
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-grande-punto-nct-06-17/16117623

YjVmODJlMjA3MWQxZWVhMmZlMWRmNmY0MjBmYTMwMDBmr06A4HaxQlQ-eqyzpZyQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183Nzg1MjIwOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

1.4 and chape tax too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭aerofoiled

2008 Saab 9-3 with 60k miles, one owner and NCT well into next year. I'd be surprised if this isn't gone today.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-saab-93-low-miles-one-owner-as-new-/16128266

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

aerofoiled wrote: »
    2008 Saab 9-3 with 60k miles, one owner and NCT well into next year. I'd be surprised if this isn't gone today.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-saab-93-low-miles-one-owner-as-new-/16128266

It's lovely but I almost prefer the button/display insanity that is my 05 Saab 9-3.
    The 08 is all normal and mainstream... I mean anyone can figure out what's going on, where's the fun in that??

What I constantly find amusing is that Saab 1.8t has actually 2.0l engine... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭aerofoiled

grogi wrote: »
    What I constantly find amusing is that Saab 1.8t has actually 2.0l engine... :)
    And a GM one unfortunately. Still, has to be good value at that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

And a GM one unfortunately. Still, has to be good value at that money.

Isnt it way outside the budget for the thread, though?

It looks worth the money too, so its not like you can say "an offer of 2 grand would take it..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Isnt it way outside the budget for the thread, though?

It looks worth the money too, so its not like you can say "an offer of 2 grand would take it..."

It was only €1995 when first posted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

wiz569 wrote: »
    It was only €1995 when first posted

Ah, gotcha. The bangernomics effect must have caused him to stoke up the price!

• Advertisement

Ah, gotcha. The bangernomics effect must have caused him to stoke up the price!

I think he wants to sell at €2k, but is tired of I'll give you €1500 calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Or the seller is reading this thread and wanted to take advantage of a bit of potential interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

2005 Jag S-type 3.0, 60k miles, €1500
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-s-type-only-60000-miles-nctd-03-18/16149163
    That looks like an absolute bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

commited wrote: »
    2005 Jag S-type 3.0, 60k miles, €1500
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-s-type-only-60000-miles-nctd-03-18/16149163
    That looks like an absolute bargain.

Needs a bit of tidying up at the front though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does the Back passenger door have a big scrape?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Nope. Seems to be the reflection of the curb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Tail light is also smashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

The bangernomics lads are getting harder to please :D Considering how cheap parts are for these things I doubt it would take much money to sort out the front with a smart repair. It's the best engine/box combo in the S-type imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

"Joe" is selling on behalf of Deerpark Motors in Mount Merrion. Usually have a decent selection of interesting cars up there but normally the lower end stuff like this gets punted to their sister operation in Tallaght for trade sales.

Bought a few cars from them over the years and found them easy to work with, including one major warranty claim which was sorted out without getting ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

bazz26 wrote: »
    Or the seller is reading this thread and wanted to take advantage of a bit of potential interest.

And that Saab 93 in Limerick is gone - a shame, I was planning to look at it. Seemed like a lot of car for the money.

MtM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement