Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Give it a few days and it will probably be back up on dd being flipped for twice the original selling price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

jharr100 wrote: »

"Will not be flout" - well that's sold it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

jharr100 wrote: »

I've tried to add punctuation.....

Toyota avensis for sale, diesel very clean. car inside out. Electric Windows 4 new tyres, just pass, the test car just services 2. Owns from new car well. Look after car is minted condition. Inside out car, driving like new car. will not be flout. price to sell contact Joe on 0876213510

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

commited wrote: »
    2005 Jag S-type 3.0, 60k miles, €1500
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-s-type-only-60000-miles-nctd-03-18/16149163
    That looks like an absolute bargain.

nice ish
    MojoMaker wrote: »
    "Joe" is selling on behalf of Deerpark Motors in Mount Merrion. Usually have a decent selection of interesting cars up there but normally the lower end stuff like this gets punted to their sister operation in Tallaght for trade sales.

Bought a few cars from them over the years and found them easy to work with, including one major warranty claim which was sorted out without getting ugly.

Wheres that?
    Jobs OXO wrote: »
    I've tried to add punctuation.....

Toyota avensis for sale, diesel very clean. car inside out. Electric Windows 4 new tyres, just pass, the test car just services 2. Owns from new car well. Look after car is minted condition. Inside out car, driving like new car. will not be flout. price to sell contact Joe on 0876213510

Not sure of the price? is it a bit high? mileage is bit high and it looks worn. Ive seen other 10 yo cars in very clean condition.
    I'll probably be accused of being some kind of fascist,
    but,

Toyota avensis for sale. diesel,very clean car inside/out. Electric Windows, 4 new tyres, just pass the test, car just services. 2 Owns from new. car well Look after, car is minted condition. Inside out car,?.driving like new car. will not be flout?????. price to sell contact Joe on 0876213510

I guess flout means , cant be faulted :), I thought it was some kind of Cork slang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eronayne

Hi,

Pimping an advert for a colleague.

MGFmMDU5ZTFjZmJkNjNjOGQxOWI1ZWY2NmYyNTc2ZDHVaCo5wlQc2LXPuCk9HA0daHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NjQ1NjgwMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linkey Link

It is up for 2,500 but she will take 2k or just under as she is heading traveling.

the dent on the back quater panel happened in the carpark in work, rather then a thump up the rear.

recent service / break pads

honest enough car

eronayne wrote: »
    Hi,

Pimping an advert for a colleague.

MGFmMDU5ZTFjZmJkNjNjOGQxOWI1ZWY2NmYyNTc2ZDHVaCo5wlQc2LXPuCk9HA0daHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NjQ1NjgwMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linkey Link

It is up for 2,500 but she will take 2k or just under as she is heading traveling.

the dent on the back quater panel happened in the carpark in work, rather then a thump up the rear.

recent service / break pads

honest enough car

Weren't Mazda a hungry shower of bastards to be still sticking steel wheels under a 1.6 version of this in 2008 all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Gravelly wrote: »
    Weren't Mazda a hungry shower of bastards to be still sticking steel wheels under a 1.6 version of this in 2008 all the same.

Anything below the touring is sparse enough, the steel wheels wouldn't bother me too much though, it's the grey interior that id find hard to live with. It looks dreadful. Higher spec cars came with a black interior which transformed the interior on these.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Anything below the touring is sparse enough, the steel wheels wouldn't bother me too much though, it's the grey interior that id find hard to live with. It looks dreadful. Higher spec cars came with a black interior which transformed the interior on these.

Yeah the interior is bad, but if I was that soldier that went and bought a Mazda 3 back in '08 (a 1.6 no less!) I know for a fact those stupid plastic hubcaps would annoy me every time I got in or out of it - I'd have had to buy alloys.

I owned a Merc years ago that had wind up windows in the back and they annoyed me until I got rid of it. It felt like mercedes had personally shafted me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yeah the interior is bad, but if I was that soldier that went and bought a Mazda 3 back in '08 (a 1.6 no less!) I know for a fact those stupid plastic hubcaps would annoy me every time I got in or out of it - I'd have had to buy alloys.

I owned a Merc years ago that had wind up windows in the back and they annoyed me until I got rid of it. It felt like mercedes had personally shafted me.

avoid the dacia mcv then. they still come with windy windows in the back as standard.

• Advertisement

avoid the dacia mcv then. they still come with windy windows in the back as standard.

I think if I bought one of those I'd expect that, and almost welcome it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-astra-1-4-petrol-nct-01-18/16163126
    What do ye make of this people? It's close to me and we're looking for a good second car that will be able for a bit of mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Base model Astra but looks clean enough, those engines have been known to be troublesome with oil pump issues. NCT only till the end of the year. I'd expect them to put a fresh 1 year NCT on it at that asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Would a similar vintage focus be a better bet?

Bahanaman wrote: »

Yes but a corolla would be the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

At this price range, buy on condition and don't limit yourself to a certain brand.

For example, for the money you'd get a much newer Fiat or something a little less common than a Corolla that will most likely not have much life left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭selectamatic

166man wrote: »
    At this price range, buy on condition and don't limit yourself to a certain brand.

For example, for the money you'd get a much newer Fiat or something a little less common than a Corolla that will most likely not have much life left.

At circa €2k you'd have a pick of saloon e12 corolla's that'd be sound for the next 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

What do ye make of this people? It's close to me and we're looking for a good second car that will be able for a bit of mileage.

Driving a Corolla E12 myself and I'd personally vote for something like this for a few more notes.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-toyota-corolla-1-4l/16168121?campaign=3

marko93 wrote: »
    Driving a Corolla E12 myself and I'd personally vote for something like this for a few more notes.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-toyota-corolla-1-4l/16168121?campaign=3

That looks to be a really nice car for the money. It's only a 2 owner car with a claimed full dealer sevice history and it's the run out luna model which had the nice body kit and ac climate control. It looks to be in good shape too. Nice find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    That looks to be a really nice car for the money. It's only a 2 owner car with a claimed full dealer sevice history and it's the run out luna model which had the nice body kit and ac climate control. It looks to be in good shape too. Nice find.

I paid in and around the same for an 04' base model with no fancy trim just last year, hurt my soul a little finding it :pac:

• Advertisement

I think if I bought one of those I'd expect that, and almost welcome it.
    marko93 wrote: »

I thought it seems a bit pricey, is that what they're going for? not high mileage for the age, but still up there, dont know what they are like for problems over a certain age/mileage, specs seems ok, probably go forever? is that the timing chain engine? as in same example below? and a shorter NCT,

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-nct-january-2018-very-clean/16012693

I thought this one seems clean, but no mention of an NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/auto-clk-nct-4-18/16180828

Looks a nice clk.

Link should be repaired now

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

1874 wrote: »
    I thought it seems a bit pricey, is that what they're going for? not high mileage for the age, but still up there, dont know what they are like for problems over a certain age/mileage, specs seems ok, probably go forever? is that the timing chain engine? as in same example below? and a shorter NCT,
    No it's not pricey, it's cheap for that money and that mileage is nothing on one of those, especially if its been looked after which the seller claims it has with a full dealer service history(should be easy to verify).

Try and find another 06 luna hatchback for that money that is in good condition and come back to us. The engine is an updated version of the engine in the 00 you posted but it's got double the oil galleries so doesn't suffer from oil burning or oil starvation problems which affected neglected earlier units.

The only real problem these cars suffer from is gearbox bearings but it isn't all that common and is easy to spot on a test drive(rough mettalic sound) but any competent mechanic should be able to replace the bearings, apart from that they are excellent, very well built and have no problem with high miles.
    1874 wrote: »
    If anything this car is overpriced because nobody wants them due to insurance difficulties with older cars.

Ha :) I saw this one as well, but I was sure it was up for sale in the last 6 months too, for nothing really if it has an NCT, I guess they do go forever with that mileage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Overpriced imo :(

Mj_Y4_Yj_Nm_ZDQ0_NGJl_Zjk1_MGQ1_NDA1_NGQ4_Nm_M4_YTk5_Yjk_D3_Ry_V.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc90-2-4-diesel-d5-awd-7-seater/16080315

2003 D5 volvo xc90
    Test till April 18
    Looks pretty clean
    200k miles on the clock
    Asking €1900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Are we allowed post our own cars in here?

yep

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement