Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

At least it happened when you weren't in it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

^^

Should buff out. Those engines are bullit proof.

Apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

humberklog wrote: »
    ^^

Should buff out. Those engines are bullit proof.

Apparently.

I look forward to reading your ad when you are selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I think the fire brigade will write up a report which should specify the reason the fire started.

Are you without a car now? Hopefully it doesn't put you off Bangernomics?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Was having a look a done deal tonight; there are loads of Avensis under 1100 euro in Co. Cavan so will pick a couple and look at them.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis-2l-d4d-chain-timing-6speed-gearbox/16287628

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Fire brigades bill will be tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Probably the only time it wasn't an eventless, too soon? :o

Hal1 wrote: »
    Probably the only time it wasn't an eventless, too soon? :o

Not at all! :D

Looked at two Avensis today.
    The first one the vendor swore it was the model with a timing chain instead of a belt.
    Opened the bonnet, pointed out the tip-exed "TB xxxxx miles" and he is still swearing it has a chain 😂

The second one was advertised as having 179,000 km.
    It had the timing chain, indicators in the mirrors etc, (late 2006)
    Sat in and noticed speedo was in miles.
    "Is this a UK import" I ask,
    No, no, its an Irish car, he says.
    But that's a MPH speedo, not a KPH one, says I.
    "Oh, I never noticed that before". he says. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Not at all! :D

Looked at two Avensis today.
    The first one the vendor swore it was the model with a timing chain instead of a belt.
    Opened the bonnet, pointed out the tip-exed "TB xxxxx miles" and he is still swearing it has a chain 😂

The second one was advertised as having 179,000 km.
    It had the timing chain, indicators in the mirrors etc, (late 2006)
    Sat in and noticed speedo was in miles.
    "Is this a UK import" I ask,
    No, no, its an Irish car, he says.
    But that's a MPH speedo, not a KPH one, says I.
    "Oh, I never noticed that before". he says. :D

Spoofers
    Don't need to bring one to a car viewing as there'll be one on hand when you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I can't find many reasons for a diesel engine to suddenly catch fire but I wonder if a overheating turbo could have caused the hoses to melt and catch fire with the general extra heat of the engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it's a diesel liftback or estate and has any bit of spec, it'll be UK. Only available in basic spec here.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kruganomics

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-elantra/15495793

Seems like a lot of car for little enough money. Low miles & leather etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-elantra/15495793

Seems like a lot of car for little enough money. Low miles & leather etc.

I think if he took €1000 off the asking, he'd still struggle to sell. It's clean and whatever, but they are nasty yokes.

www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-avensis-d4d-tax-12-17-nct-09-17/16270657

Newest Banger-nomics. 950 Euro, taxed till December. Timing belt 10k ago. Hatchback, built in Sat-Nav etc. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-avensis-d4d-tax-12-17-nct-09-17/16270657

Newest Banger-nomics. 950 Euro, taxed till December. Timing belt 10k ago. Hatchback, built in Sat-Nav etc. Fingers crossed!

Fixed the link for you...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-avensis-d4d-tax-12-17-nct-09-17/16270657

Smoking car... Wear well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-honda-civic-nctd-and-taxd/16144807

N2FjZThmNDUwMjA3OGY2YmVjNzE5ZWFmMjZmMDMwYzGJuB2dAFErwiThB5FDjkFLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183ODAzNTg1M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€480,NCT 1/18. 6 Weeks tax on it.Ad says paint is faded,40 shades of red on it or panels/doors replaced.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

grogi wrote: »

Maybe that was an intended joke but think that's the last thing the chap wantstongue.png
    It does seem a clean for a diesel Avensis of that age. I would say the proof of the pudding in whether it was a bargain or not will be the NCT which is not far off. For the seller to say it is the cheapest 06 diesel avensis you will find is just another example of factually incorrect and pointless noise to be inputting into ads.

zerks wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-honda-civic-nctd-and-taxd/16144807
    €480,NCT 1/18. 6 Weeks tax on it.Ad says paint is faded,40 shades of red on it or panels/doors replaced.......

At this price level if something like different paint shades is really bothering you then you would really need to increase your budget I would say. That is assuming it was just panel damage and nothing more sinister. Decent find for the money if it checks out. Probably only 3 weeks tax on it as most sellers seem to incorrectly insist on putting the month after when the tax runs out for some crazy reason - that's hardly a game changer though.

At this price level if something like different paint shades is really bothering you then you would really need to increase your budget I would say. That is assuming it was just panel damage and nothing more sinister. Decent find for the money if it checks out. Probably only 3 weeks tax on it as most sellers seem to incorrectly insist on putting the month after when the tax runs out for some crazy reason - that's hardly a game changer though.

I just pointed it out as somebody else would have anyway:p,assuming it is just paint fade then what harm for a car that costs less than a tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I just pointed it out as somebody else would have anyway:p,assuming it is just paint fade then what harm for a car that costs less than a tv.

Ah fair enough, wasn't knocking you for making the point or anything either. Was moreso making the point to punters at large reading the thread that at this price level if something like mismatched panel shades really gets your goat then you should be increasing the budget as the next sub €500 car that looks better will most likely have a more serious problem that you cant see.smile.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

ZWNlYTE3NmNlYTZhMTAwZTFiNWIzNGUwYTJjMTM2YmaISwb6QZrqMpajMxZtXw21aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183Njk5NjcyNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s40-nct-tax-2019/15998627

Almost 2 years test and over 2 months tax for less than 2k. Bargain really with that 5 cyl note :)

• Advertisement

That's 166mans isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

bear1 wrote: »
    That's 166mans isn't it?

Could be actually! He had a 5 cylinder one of them as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd be skeptical..

shietpilot wrote: »
    Could be actually! He had a 5 cylinder one of them as well?

He does and it looks near on the same.
    Think it's also a 07. There's a pic of it when he was at Mondello a few weeks back so I'd have to find it to see if it's the actual one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

It is his.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Add removed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It is his.

Damn if only you posted that sooner I went back to find the post and he has the number plate censored.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104124825&postcount=4985

• Advertisement

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Add removed!

Probably left out a zero.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement