Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's loads of 08 diesel ones within bangernomics budget these days but they're a minefield.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I was in that taxi a couple of months back, it's maroon in colour. Could have swore it was diesel though but it was late and I was after having a few. Driver/owner was a nice middle aged gent and from his accent it sounded like he wasn't from the city anyway.

Always wears a suit. Ginger fella with a beard.
    They don't sell the diesel Lancer any more.
    He has it since January. Very early reg. only limerick 171 out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Must have got some deal on it. Rental companies don't even take them these days. 1.8 diesel had a fair bit of go in it given the light weight of the Lancer.

I think you could buy them straight for €16k the end of last year.

Still with the 8 year warranty?

• Advertisement

Yessiree! *

* Mitsubishi commercial vehicles including all L200 models and Pajero 5 seat Executive models, and electric cars, plug-in hybrid cars, public service vehicles, taxis and rental cars are excluded from this warranty. This warranty also does not apply to Pajero passenger vehicles

I suppose to be fair a PSV was never going to be covered otherwise they would all be driving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think you could buy them straight for €16k the end of last year.

18k afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-volvo-s40-1-8-nct12-17-full-leather/15220185

NjI0NTdhOGJiOTJlM2MzZmFjNTk5MWI2MzE5OWI4ZDnPMXZndHeDZAVILsbymuefaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MjIyOTQyNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

This looks alright bar the few marks on the bumpers. Reasonable miles, 07 plate, NCT to 12/17 - €1599

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-520i-auto/15164343

NIce color and spec/
    FOr 450.00 WITH a current test it's cheap.
    ZDAzY2YxZWY4NDlkMTNkNjEyODhhNzFiOWIzMGQ3MDaCTRy3TmxRMVyherdbSkzzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTkyMTcxOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement

There's not even a months test on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭B00056718

My 02 Alfa 147 up for sale now.
    Need to be in a diesel ASAP.
    http://www.adverts.ie/12766000
    Feedback appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

B00056718 wrote: »
    My 02 Alfa 147 up for sale now.
    Need to be in a diesel ASAP.
    http://www.adverts.ie/12766000
    Feedback appreciated.

Well looked after car by yourself.
    Even the mark on it is to be expected for the year.
    Looks in excellent condition with low mileage.
    You can see the car has been cared for.
    Long story short if i had the cash i would buy it from you.
    Good luck with sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Feedback appreciated.

Your price is optimistic, but it looks like a very well cared for car. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I was in the market.

4500rpm on the M9? Will I ask what speed that is at? :D

unkel wrote: »
    Your price is optimistic, but it looks like a very well cared for car. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I was in the market.

4500rpm on the M9? Will I ask what speed that is at? :D

I leave it just under 140 as it's over reading by a good bit. RPM would be just under 4500 as these Alfas have very close gearing.

I know the price is well above the average but hoping to get in to diesel at very little extra cost.
    Or keep driving it until the car or me can't take it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cola34

hoping to get in to diesel at very little extra cost.

Should be no problem. '06 Saab 9-5 facelift 1.9 diesel, from dealer, tax + test, €950

MjhiMGVhZTYxNjg3OGIzOGU0ZTdlMTIxZTI2OWVjNDZrm1hIRTEWitqZarLTP-paaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MjM4MTYxMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

Should be no problem. '06 Saab 9-5 facelift 1.9 diesel, from dealer, tax + test, €950

MjhiMGVhZTYxNjg3OGIzOGU0ZTdlMTIxZTI2OWVjNDZrm1hIRTEWitqZarLTP-paaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MjM4MTYxMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky
    This is something what I'm hoping for. Ideally an autobox. An S60 d4 or Saab tid. Should be comfortable cruisers.

Have dealt with particular dealer before actually.

Had a bangernomics Saab 9-5 myself, very comfortable and pleasant car to be in!

• Advertisement

Had a bangernomics Saab 9-5 myself, very comfortable and pleasant car to be in!

Yes. Me too. Two Aeros and a V6 Griffin. Heavy on juice at times. Tid should be ok though.
    Very heavy and solid cars indeed.

Have dealt with particular dealer before actually.

Gill is alright

Thats a nice find @unkel

Thats a nice find @unkel

I'd be a bit worried about the "sold as seen" in the ad, I guess it needs a good looking over before you buy. You wouldn't want the DMF to fail as that would write off the car...

Just noticed now that the car was only NCTd 2 months ago, which would inspire some confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

I'd be a bit worried about the "sold as seen" in the ad, I guess it needs a good looking over before you buy. You wouldn't want the DMF to fail as that would write off the car...

Just noticed now that the car was only NCTd 2 months ago, which would inspire some confidence

The Dame Ednas definitely have a dpf ?
    If it was auto I'd be waiting for him to open tomorrow morning...
    The highish miles wouldn't be a concern ?

jharr100 wrote: »
    The Dame Ednas definitely have a dpf ?

I don't know if they do. You don't want that to be failing either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Was posted a few days ago. Boardsie went to see it and it's a wreck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

This fits the bill here,

I drove it today, can't say I was impressed to be honest

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-cougar-2-0-16v/13149000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

That really is a bargain. I owned owned a 98 one of these for a couple of years and then a 03 HDi one for 4 years and they are a great car. Really comfortable and great engines. Not necessarily the fastest cars in the world but the 2.2 HDi with a remap and deFAP was an enjoyable drive.
    I priced up a windscreen earlier (350) and then went down to view the car.
    It's a lot rougher in person, the front bumper is hanging off on passenger side, rear bumper was used to bump things, the paint in general looks like it belongs on a car worth 1000.

Still, these things are going for 3000.

The test drive told a bit more, very lumpy on idle (when cold and warm) a lot of hesitation when pulling in low range. A little bit of smoke behind me when pulling off from lights(while it was cold).
    I'm not sure what those engines are like but the oil cap was covered in white goop, could be nothing. No trace of oil in reservoir.

Edit, windshield has to be replaced, huge crack going from left to right.
    The interior was a bit worn but respectable for 90,000km

Currently own a 2.0 HDi one of these and love it.

However, there may be people looking €3k for the 2.2 petrol versions of them, I can assure there aren't too many people willing to pay it! Be lucky to get €3k for a clean 2.0 2007 HDi one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toytota-carina-e/15325806

Six months NCT 300 quid.
    It even has a towbar, what more could you ask for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement