Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Great condition, only downside that 1.4 engine :(

In bangernomics territory that is a very good proposal. It's taxed still on ccm basis, but the tax is like a 2008 diesel.

IMHO if there is nothing seriously wrong with it, that is one of the finest bangers you can have...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Chape Mondeo, 2008, 1.6 petrol.
    €1,550
    NCT until Feb 2018
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-mondeo-2008-nct2-18/11670313?campaign=8

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Is it just me or the wheels look very small on the Mondeo?

Not a big deal given the price, but looks weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There 16s, Mondeos are just lardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

grogi wrote: »
    In bangernomics territory that is a very good proposal. It's taxed still on ccm basis, but the tax is like a 2008 diesel.

IMHO if there is nothing seriously wrong with it, that is one of the finest bangers you can have...

Except they are not though. That 1.4 engine is underpowered and is also an big oil burner. That engine starts to sound like a bag of spanners too as it ages. It really does the rest of the car a disservice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Those 1.6 Mondeos are heavy as he'll on petrol and slow too. We had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

When I saw this I immediately wondered why someone would swap the nice original ST alloys for these crap aftermarket ones, reading the advert though they come with the car but need a refurb.

Seems ok for 1350? Needs a CV but has 5 months test on it. Anyone know how reliable the 2.2 is and how good/bad on fuel?

NGI0MDRhMzdhZWUzMGMwMWIxOTgyNjBiMWE3OTNjOWWILV-98legjUnE-W-VsWu_aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYzQ4NTZmOWFjYjIyOTQ5MWNlNDRhNzE5OWE5ZDI0NDU2Y2ViZDdhYWZhZTcyNjU3ZWExNjI4NDY1MmNhOTk3YS5qcGd8fHx8fHw5ODB4NDU0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

http://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/mondeo/2005-ford-mondeo-st/13922928

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Just picked up a 2003 Accord Estate, needed something with a **** ton of space for bikes and dog.

Full leather, heated and electric seats.
    CD changer with the premium sound system
    Sunroof
    Dual zone aircon
    Sunroof
    FSH
    Intergalactic mileage but showing none of it in terms of wear, and I can change the odo to not display the mileage so it doesn't annoy me :pac:
    4 nearly new and matched tyres
    Test until July '18 and tax for another 3 days
    Few marks on the body but nothing worth worrying about and the alloys are a state

All for the princely sum of €500

Got the book this morning. It had one owner from new...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I bought a little something today :)

And it has 6 cylinders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

^^^^^^^^
    More photos and info ya tease :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Looks the exact same as my old e39. The steering wheel, dash and all buttons and knobs are the same but I think BMW used the same parts across the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Looks the exact same as my old e39. The steering wheel, dash and all buttons and knobs are the same but I think BMW used the same parts across the range.

Was it light blue per chance? :D

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Was it light blue per chance? :D

No I still have mine outside the house. I have to get rid of it one of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Nice looking car with low mileage

It looks like it was well looked after alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Nice looking car with low mileage

Always reminded me of what a modern day Alfasud would look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

Nice car but may struggle on price. Chap here was trying to sell a similar car (low milage 2004 1.4 Leon) with little success until going south of 1k.

I suspect this one might be a little better presented, but all the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Nice car but may struggle on price. Chap here was trying to sell a similar car (low milage 2004 1.4 Leon) with little success until going south of 1k.

I suspect this one might be a little better presented, but all the same...

It’s a €1k whatever way you look at it. How much cheaper do you want to buy it for! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

166man wrote: »
    It’s a €1k whatever way you look at it. How much cheaper do you want to buy it for! :D

When there's diesel versions of the same car with NCT and tax going for less in the bangernomics thread, I reckon 1k for a 1.4 seat is expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Is this overpriced?

I've had stupid offers for it.

One was for €100 :rolleyes:

Is this overpriced?

Before I clicked I was expecting a €1000 car. It is a fair price but the only thing against it is it's age as, as we all know the current situation with insurance.

There are always people wanting something for nothing. I will say accept the first fair offer though as they may be a genuine buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's cheap for what it is, the problem is at that end of the market there's a lot of chancers
    If it were a diesel 306 I'd be all over it !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is this overpriced?

Standard stupid offers from adverts unfortunately. I'm surprised you haven't been offered a swap for a Jack Russell pup or broken games console.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/citroen-xm/16860758

MzY4NDExMjMyNzFiYmIxMGFhMGU3OWYwMWY2NjViMzIh9mk3Aiyrsiv64Bs4bgwhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NDc3MDIxOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Tax to the end of April and test to the end of March. It seems like it could be a good example. Not the wisest choice of bangernomics however but it would be an enjoyable experience

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/smart-car/16533594

ODQ2ZTViY2RhYzNkOGYwOGI2YjA1ZTJhYjBhZDIwYWXwrIDju25DPCs1xTgDvxlqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184MTMzNzk3Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

1 years NCT and six months tax. Bonus city centre parking disc too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/smart-car/16533594

1 years NCT and six months tax. Bonus city centre parking disc too

Gone :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

^^
    I love the XM, but does that example belong in the dreamers thread given that it's ragged and needs a new head.

A leather interior XM would be a fantastic purchase of the heart car for about a year I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Before I clicked I was expecting a €1000 car. It is a fair price but the only thing against it is it's age as, as we all know the current situation with insurance.

There are always people wanting something for nothing. I will say accept the first fair offer though as they may be a genuine buyer.
    Yeah the current insurance situation is far from ideal to be fair, great car, only done 2000 miles in the 6 months we have it.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    It's cheap for what it is, the problem is at that end of the market there's a lot of chancers
    If it were a diesel 306 I'd be all over it !
    Yeah, as i said to people, you won't find many cars with a valid 6 month nct with that mileage for the price. All that is wrong with it is the exhaust heat shield is loose and you can hear it rattle, if i was buying another car tomorrow it would definitely be one of these in a 3 door version, i've a 7 seater family wagon as well and the Peugeot beats it hands down for comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

boombang wrote: »
    ^^
    I love the XM, but does that example belong in the dreamers thread given that it's ragged and needs a new head.

A leather interior XM would be a fantastic purchase of the heart car for about a year I'm sure.

But it has a new head. The marine engineer part would be more of a negative than a positive though and I doubt it was enthusiast owned given it's condition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement