Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

grogi wrote: »
    Don't need it... Don't need it... Lord, it's gorgeous...

I hear ya. I'm trying to justify it myself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't see the fascination of estates I prefer a saloon or coupé.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I don't see the fascination of estates I prefer a saloon or coupé.

I didn't really see it either, then I bought one and love them (although not a BMW)

If you need to bung stuff in the back, a lot, buy an estate.

I quite like the look of that one too, but no way could I run a 3.0 Petrol, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

They're really handy to have if you have kids/grandkids, or a sports hobby, etc

I would have bought that instead of the Saab if it was for sale last week. For me the 530i is the sweet spot for the E39 price/performance. Good LPG candidate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

JohnBoy26 wrote:
    But it has a new head. The marine engineer part would be more of a negative than a positive though and I doubt it was enthusiast owned given it's condition.

Quite reliable, the mark II. The CT engine is the same as that of the Activa too. Lots of torque, 8 valve.
    But if you're going to own an XM, it's got to be a mark II 2.5td Exclusive. That's a keeper.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote:
    That's a well put together advert and having the same owner for the last 7 years is a big plus.

Bought a CRV (06, 2.2cdti) about a week ago as a result of an excellent ad too. 1750, with great tyres, great stereo, everything working and lots of maintenance done.
    Just bought 4 winter tyres on alloys for it today, for €220. Well chuffed. As with others here, I'll spend a little to keep it sweet as a winter hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

An Ri rua wrote: »
    bazz26 wrote:
    That's a well put together advert and having the same owner for the last 7 years is a big plus.

Bought a CRV (06, 2.2cdti) about a week ago as a result of an excellent ad too. 1750, with great tyres, great stereo, everything working and lots of maintenance done.
    Just bought 4 winter tyres on alloys for it today, for €220. Well chuffed. As with others here, I'll spend a little to keep it sweet as a winter hack.
    Spending money on good tyres is a good idea whether you're driving a car worth 1k or 50k or 100k. They're a consumable anyway, but from a safety point of view they're probably the key spend

Edited to add: well wear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Trojan wrote: »
    They're really handy to have if you have kids/grandkids, or a sports hobby, etc

I would have bought that instead of the Saab if it was for sale last week. For me the 530i is the sweet spot for the E39 price/performance. Good LPG candidate too.
    I'll buy the Saab off you and you can buy the BMW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

An Ri rua wrote: »

A black one in Tipperary, by any chance?

If so, I had my eye on that one too :D

aw wrote:
    A black one in Tipperary, by any chance?

aw wrote:
    If so, I had my eye on that one too

Silver 😀 But in Tipp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-lexus-is220d-nct-10-18/16886435

not a good engine or 6th gear but nice looking thing inside and not bog standard spec with a year's NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

bear1 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-lexus-is220d-nct-10-18/16886435

not a good engine or 6th gear but nice looking thing inside and not bog standard spec with a year's NCT.

The amount of those I've passed on the road with blue smoke billowing out the back is crazy. For a company that prides itself on reliability they seem to have got that engine really wrong.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Yeah, if I remember correctly the heads are useless on them.
    Something like if the head gasket goes then the engine may as well be replaced.. something like this.

Btw, how the hell do you paste a DD ad on here where the link is embedded into main picture which you then post here? Example is that BMW posted ealier.

I'm aware of the version but this just gives the main image and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-saab-93tid-estate-nct-1-19/16897255

2007 Saab diesel 93 estate for 950 ,
    Long test..
    Lots of miles!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

r.

I'm aware of the version but this just gives the main image and that's it.

Not sure if I'm answering what you asked but here it goes anyway :D

Open the ad and right click on the image you want to use. Then click "copy image address" or similar instruction.

Post to boards like below
    [noparse][IMG]https://donedeal.akamaized.net/ddimg/MmQwMTg1NWRmMDgzNGM0ZTUyODc4NzQ0MTU3ZDExZGKXsjolt2kBALV3bsSwcQ1waHR0cDovL3 MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NTA3NjM5MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg[/IMG][/noparse]

Then go back to ad and copy url. Then in your boards post editor select the link and click on the insert link item above (globe icon). Paste the url for the ad in and click okay. You should be ready to go then. The text should look like directly below and the result like at the bottom of my post.  [noparse][IMG]https://donedeal.akamaized.net/ddimg/MmQwMTg1NWRmMDgzNGM0ZTUyODc4NzQ0MTU3ZDExZGKXsjolt2kBALV3bsSwcQ1waHR0cDovL3 MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NTA3NjM5MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg[/IMG][/noparse]

MmQwMTg1NWRmMDgzNGM0ZTUyODc4NzQ0MTU3ZDExZGKXsjolt2kBALV3bsSwcQ1waHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NTA3NjM5MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Ok here goes :D

I don't see any mention of bearing replaced - so prepare another €1000 to have the famous M32 gearbox repaired. And once its out, replace clutch and dual mass flywheel - another a few hundreds...

Ok, then there is this. FSH, ok spec, supercharged engine and NCT'd until Sept/2018

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-e200-auto-new-nct-amptax/16907286YzRiMDJjMTdiOWIxZmNhNGRmMjYyMTBlZWRmNTZhMjBoSN3szXHQ2yy_xC9_tqbIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NTI0MDcwOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NeilMcGrane

grogi wrote: »
    I don't see any mention of bearing replaced - so prepare another €1000 to have the famous M32 gearbox repaired. And once its out, replace clutch and dual mass flywheel - another a few hundreds...

Would that be the only reason it is that cheap? In comparison to other standard Astra and SRi examples, it's well below the average asking price.

Would that be the only reason it is that cheap? In comparison to other standard Astra and SRi examples, it's well below the average asking price.

You'd know very quickly if that gearbox was shagged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Zj_Ix_Nz_U0_NGQ1_Yz_I5_ODRm_NDI0_ZDJk_Yz_Yy_OWUx_Zm_Y3_Y2bq-_YUgh_O6z_Fb6_XXiu1e6_Tf.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-vts-167bhp-2-0l/16876407

Citroen xsara vts
    Tested till the end of July 18
    Tiny bit of tax
    Looks pretty clean
    129k miles
    Asking €950

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I dunno man, I bought a 00 Xsara 8 years ago with half the mileage mileage for half that price, wasn't a VTS but they're not sought after either way. Can't see that being worth more than €400.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

jharr100 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-saab-93tid-estate-nct-1-19/16897255

2007 Saab diesel 93 estate for 950 ,
    Long test..
    Lots of miles!

The driver's seat in those 9-3s always go to sh1te, the seat frame pinches the upholstery, same on my own.
    Otherwise, it's lovely...
    I wonder what's wrong with it?
    Clutch?
    Door locks?
    Still, €950, lorra car for €950

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I dunno man, I bought a 00 Xsara 8 years ago with half the mileage mileage for half that price, wasn't a VTS but they're not sought after either way. Can't see that being worth more than €400.

On the plus side, it makes the portaloo look exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

colm_mcm wrote: »

True wouldn't be sought after in the full sense of the term. And certainly not as much as other closely related warm/hot French hatches and saloons from the same era.

But that said the engine and box would be worth 500 or maybe even a touch more, I'd not be too clued up on French n/a 4 bangers but it's the most powerful of their n/a 2.0 offerings from the 90's and it's used or can be used in a few cars that a much more sought after such as the pug 306 gti6 or 405 mi16 etc. And by all accounts it'd be a decent drive and it's interesting.

Probably be a shoe in for classic insurance in a couple of years too. Always some room for a haggle and the long test is a big asset.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice Mazda 6 1.8 for €1000

ZDA4YjFjMWRhOTNjOWY0Yjc2MTUwOTYxZTRhOTY2MTBiPQ4i01sMHFEpBC_Kt20caHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183ODM5MzQ2OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Morning lads, I haven't been in here for a while. Came across this GTV Spider Tipo 916 today and how could I not post it up here? I've great memories driving one in Tuscany a few years ago (albeit a 3.0V6 Busso)

Mzc3NWYzZTQ4YWVjOWJjZjQzZTY3NGY0Y2VhZjdjZjKDITq3wWQC-T1mz4xouGj_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NTI4ODAxN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NCT 05/18, asking €1,695, belt done, just serviced.

Any of you lucky enough to have an existing classic car insurance through First Ireland like myself, you can add this now for €100 per year fully comp. If not, most classic car insurers will accept it next year when it will turn 20 years old. If I didn't already have 3 cars, I would be very tempted about this myself

Linky

The 2nd picture is fantastic.
    I'd even remove the standard plates and put the black ones on.
    It still looks fresh and daring 19 years later - will he get 1700e? Hard to say but pretty damn close I imagine.
    Just looking at the 2nd picture again, is that in Ireland?

Or if the cabrio doesn't tickle your fancy then there is this hardtop version.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-gtv-for-sale/16727527N2ZlM2IwYjQyYWMyMzg4OGY0ZDE5NzA0ZGJmOGM2ZWY1LMLGlqr9JSWJBkA5r01IaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184MzM0NjMzMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Was the 2nd picture taken in St.Mullins?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement