Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Brasso

jelutong wrote: »
    Was the 2nd picture taken in St.Mullins?

Yes looks like you're right, well spotted.
    https://goo.gl/maps/S3aMo1wnSxu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The driver's seat in those 9-3s always go to sh1te, the seat frame pinches the upholstery, same on my own.
    Otherwise, it's lovely...
    I wonder what's wrong with it?
    Clutch?
    Door locks?
    Still, €950, lorra car for €950

I test drove a 9-3 here in Cork recently, and it was almost undriveable due to a gear selection linkage issue . I walked away.
    Not saying this has the same issue , obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Ah unkel, it's been quiet around here without you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Brasso wrote: »
    Yes looks like you're right, well spotted.
    https://goo.gl/maps/S3aMo1wnSxu

I'm a St. Mullins man myself! Did a double take when I saw the post! Great to see people are finding out about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bear1 wrote: »
    Or if the cabrio doesn't tickle your fancy then there is this hardtop version.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-gtv-for-sale/16727527N2ZlM2IwYjQyYWMyMzg4OGY0ZDE5NzA0ZGJmOGM2ZWY1LMLGlqr9JSWJBkA5r01IaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184MzM0NjMzMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    The damage kinda ruins the looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Sure, I actually didn't spot that. But it doesn't look like it's a tricky fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Sure, I actually didn't spot that. But it doesn't look like it's a tricky fix.

I think Most of it would come out with pdr tbh but the paint is damaged too

Are we looking at the same car, that yokes fooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are we looking at the same car, that yokes fooked.

The alfa? It doesn't look that bad to me. Yes the quarter panel is well dented and the door is creased but you would be surprised what pdr can do with that.

You'd certainly take the rough look off it, but the door is beyond PDR.

• Advertisement

Needs ball joints so a couple of hundred to be added to the price.
    Also, aren't the auto boxes in these supposed to be terrible slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

In 325 manual form maybe but a silver 316ti with an auto box has zero going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Needs ball joints so a couple of hundred to be added to the price.
    Also, aren't the auto boxes in these supposed to be terrible slow?

Zf 5hp isn't the fastest, but all boxes from that era are like that.

Nevertheless it is solid as a tank, much more reliable than 6hp in E90 or e60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

9 owners and changed ownership a month ago! Still though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Our new Bangernomic - '06 Mondeo ST TDCi - picked this up on Thursday night.

430613.jpg

Ex UK police car which has the tell-tale holes in the dash, but also benefits from a remap (estimated 180ish bhp). Bit rough around the edges (eagle eyed will spot that the front bumper is a different shade of silver) but all factored in to the price. Needs an engine mount, service, possible front shock top-mount and there's only maybe a months life left in the mis-sized rear tyres. Initially it was bought to see me through the winter (NCT till June 2018) .. but now I've driven it I kinda like it and I'm considering putting some money into it :eek: :o

430614.jpg

Watch this space as they say - so far I've removed all the junk. An interesting task which netted some deodorant, lip gloss, chocolate coins, a busted phone, samsung earphones, wire crimpers, about 10 quid in change and a roll of Christmas wrapping paper :D Vacuumed it thoroughly and gave it a wash to see what I've bought and what I'm going to do.

430615.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/immaculate-vw-passat-1-9tdi-2005-/16844448

Haven't had a daysul pisshat for a while ... Highline spec!

It looks very well kept.

Bodywork looks a bit suspect towards the back, and the wheels are a bit odd but unmolested b5.5s are hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FUBO

Bought last week 2004 VW Golf tax 12/17 NCT 05/18 157000 MILES 920 notes

Fair play, Mk5s are still fresh cars so you did well at that money

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

jharr100 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/immaculate-vw-passat-1-9tdi-2005-/16844448

Haven't had a daysul pisshat for a while ... Highline spec!

My one is similar to that, 2003 comfortline model.
    Bought it 2 years ago for €1150. A great car to drive. I have tried to sell it a couple of times but decided to keep it at the last minute as I can't part with it. I might have to bite the bullet in a few months though when the tax is up as I would like something newer.
    The tax is a killer over here as I would keep it as a 2nd car otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Top Dog wrote: »
    Our new Bangernomic - '06 Mondeo ST TDCi - picked this up on Thursday night.

430613.jpg

Ex UK police car which has the tell-tale holes in the dash, but also benefits from a remap (estimated 180ish bhp). Bit rough around the edges (eagle eyed will spot that the front bumper is a different shade of silver) but all factored in to the price. Needs an engine mount, service, possible front shock top-mount and there's only maybe a months life left in the mis-sized rear tyres. Initially it was bought to see me through the winter (NCT till June 2018) .. but now I've driven it I kinda like it and I'm considering putting some money into it :eek: :o

430614.jpg

Watch this space as they say - so far I've removed all the junk. An interesting task which netted some deodorant, lip gloss, chocolate coins, a busted phone, samsung earphones, wire crimpers, about 10 quid in change and a roll of Christmas wrapping paper :D Vacuumed it thoroughly and gave it a wash to see what I've bought and what I'm going to do.

430615.jpg

Hi,

Lovely car. Where did you buy it from and how much roughly did you pay ?
    I have always liked the diesel mondos. What are they like reliability wise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭passatman86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

byrnem31 wrote: »
    Hi,

Lovely car. Where did you buy it from and how much roughly did you pay ?
    I have always liked the diesel mondos. What are they like reliability wise ?
    Got it in Galway after seeing it advertised on a Facebook page. Paid 650, with 20 back for luck and found about 10 euro in it while cleaning it out - so just the car alone worked out at 620. I can spend money on it and still stay well within the Bangernomics budget :D Bodywork is rough though, along with the bits I listed, so price reflected condition to be fair. I've already replaced all the bulbs in the rear lamps along with all the bulbs in the speedo display.

As for reliability - I've read that injectors can cause issues, DMF like all diesels, but not a whole lot else stands out that wouldn't wear out on any other car.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement