Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'm amazed. My 01 Avensis that I sold Truckermal is still NCTd. I'm pretty sure every single one of the cars I've owned isn't on the road any more.

My 09 Mazda, written off by RSA, is still on the road as well... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I don't get all caught up in the people "missing" cars they previously sold craic, it's usually a load if romantic nonsense but I do genuinely miss my 02 Celica.

I couldn't give it away and I often wonder why I did. I was heading off on holidays the end of the month and wanted the extra spending money, that and I had nowhere to keep it long term.

Really great car, I'd love to know where it is now. Carsireland says it's still taxed and tested which is actually a really good feeling.

Look, you've got me started now :pac:

Someone throw that man a box of tissues, I do remember thinking at the time you were selling that you really shouldn't be selling the car. Anyway we'll see what happens ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Are yaris's going back up in price? I was looking at them a few months ago and they were going for alot less, 200 - 400 tops. Having said that I was looking at 99-01 yaris's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

I'm amazed. My 01 Avensis that I sold Truckermal is still NCTd. I'm pretty sure every single one of the cars I've owned isn't on the road any more.

Golf that I bought :eek: NEW:eek: 1990 ( sold 1997 ) was due a test middle of last month. Would it be off the NCT database if crushed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

It's not a glamourous car but it does look honest. I'd drive it.

You'd look a right kent in that alright... :cool:

some bargain though, and those seats are comfy. I would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

My second car was a 92 Fiesta 3dr in that Ford-y blue colour. I bought a set of original Ford RS Turbo wheels for it and it was the mutts nuts to me at the time. I'd wash it most days after school instead of doing something useful with my time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

My second car was a 92 Fiesta 3dr in that Ford-y blue colour. I bought a set of original Ford RS Turbo wheels for it and it was the mutts nuts to me at the time. I'd wash it most days after school instead of doing something useful with my time :pac:

They were a grand car alright, but you really needed the 1.25 yammy motor FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

They were a grand car alright, but you really needed the 1.25 yammy motor FTW.

Fiesta only got that engine in the mk iv. No good to TFB in his '92 one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Kent engine was used in the later Fiesta too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I had to wait until I got my Celica with the 2zz near a decade later to get a Yamaha power plant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

unkel wrote: »
    Fiesta only got that engine in the mk iv. No good to TFB in his '92 one ;)

A 1.8 zetec or 1.6cvh turbo woulda done the job though ;) since it was a 92 the zetec would be period correct as the purists would say...

The Kent engine was used in the later Fiesta too.

Aye herself had it in her mk iv Fiesta. Ancient tappety tap work horse. Or should I say work pony? :p

Did the job though and no belt change to worry about

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I'm in love

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I miss my 90 Civic saloon, a Japanese import it had a 1.5i engine, every mod con too.
    Just brilliant.
    Not on the road though, in haven't seen an example of the roads in a long time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

job seeker wrote: »
    Are yaris's going back up in price? I was looking at them a few months ago and they were going for alot less, 200 - 400 tops. Having said that I was looking at 99-01 yaris's.

They're always pricey with NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

job seeker wrote: »

Any Yaris for 200-400 euro is going to be an absolute shed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-145/17002741

ZmVmZjVhYWZkODU3YjRjNDY3MGU1NDFjZDY4NGI5Yjm_X5YDkxPngfvtH10T5R0AaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NjI0MzMzOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

1.8 t spark, taxed, 1 year NCT, €699

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

First thing I'd do is sort out that bloody number plate.
    Go on duke... You want it.

• Advertisement

Pictures seem to be several years old from the time stamps. Wonder what the story is with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Saw that, though the day and month are current. Maybe camera year set wrongly?

Not your ornery onager

Don't think so. The 2014 pictures are after the car was washed. The 2015 are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Sad thing about the Alfa is that in pretty much any other country you could buy it, insure it and drive it.

Here it's practically impossible to ring up and get that car, fully NCT'd and insure it as your only car with no limits on mileage etc.etc.

It's madness and totally infuriating.

I'd say I could add it to my classic car policy for about €100 per year fully comprehensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

First time I've ever seen an Alfa converted for use as a hearse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

First time I've ever seen an Alfa converted for use as a hearse

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

01 Passat Diesel. NCT 04/18. €495

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-vw-passat/16741111

Unmolested, in Leitrim so not such a big market for it. Decent colour, Crap ad, reg plate not showing but worth a call at that price if you're nearby.

That's bloody cheap for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Good value if the new clutch and flywheel can be verified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement