Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

rizzodun wrote: »
    Something a bit different, a 20v Beetle Turbo.
    180 horses from new I think.

NCT until Jul 2018, tax till end of the month, €1200 will buy it.

OGY3NDUxZWEzMjI3OTA3Zjc1YzI1ZTIxNzQxMDAwZTUeHr6k8DYiSTnGNAhR_SS6aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184MjgyODQyNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

It's actually only 150bhp, just looked it up. As always with that engine you can probably remap it.

Edit: Damn you Colm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Could be wrong, but weren't they 150 up until 2002, then got a 180 engine? AUQ/AWP - Maybe I'll text him and ask for the VIN to check.

Could be wrong, but weren't they 150 up until 2002, then got a 180 engine? AUQ/AWP - Maybe I'll text him and ask for the VIN to check.

I think you are thinking of the golf they came as 150 and 180.

I think you are thinking of the golf they came as 150 and 180.

And the Jetta, but also the Beetle had the same engines I thought.

Ach, could be wrong.

Don't have the hair to drive that anyways.

And the Jetta, but also the Beetle had the same engines I thought.

Ach, could be wrong.

Don't have the hair to drive that anyways.

I actually think you are right about the 180. As with the golf of the same period it is hard to tell if it got the 150 or 180 engine.

I got my first information off parker.co.uk which is usually pretty much spot on and they only listed a 150 version but further searching revealed 180.

• Advertisement

Another warm hatch.

NCT until Aug 18, Tax until Feb 18.
    1950, if you can insure it.
    Ad up for a while though...

ZjJiNjEwNzU1YWI0NmFiZjk5N2VmZGJmNDkxN2MzNDNXt3EvsMIeTjhvnnVRMwoAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183ODg0NTQyOXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

A way to tell what engine is in the beetle is
    5 speed = 150 Bhp
    6 Speed = 180 Bhp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

A way to tell what engine is in the beetle is
    5 speed = 150 Bhp
    6 Speed = 180 Bhp

I did my best:

AGU = 150 bhp
    APH = 150 bhp
    AVC = 150 bhp
    AWP = 180 bhp
    AWU = 150 bhp
    AWV = 150 bhp
    BKF = 150 bhp
    BNU = 180 bhp

AUQ was not installed in the Beetle. Src http://vag-codes.info/files/engines/vw-engines.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Any idea how in the name of god i can flog this before i decide to scrap it?

http://www.adverts.ie/car/peugeot/306/2000-peugeot-306/13908266

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Amazed it hasn't sold. It's sweet f all.
    Did someone offer you 200?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Any idea how in the name of god i can flog this before i decide to scrap it?

http://www.adverts.ie/car/peugeot/306/2000-peugeot-306/13908266

Would the likes of Done Deal be a better place to sell a car? Would that site have more traffic than Adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Stick.it on the fb buy n sell car pages

bear1 wrote: »
    Amazed it hasn't sold. It's sweet f all.
    Did someone offer you 200?
    Had 200 offered when i had it priced at 350, the exhaust broke last night so i bought a newer car today and just want rid of it now, €50 to weld it. I'm willing to let it go for next to nothing just to shift it.
    Would the likes of Done Deal be a better place to sell a car? Would that site have more traffic than Adverts?
    the cost of the donedeal ads are €11 now.
    Stick.it on the fb buy n sell car pages

Done it on a few pages and got nothing, not the B&S page though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say the main problem is someone trying to get insurance on a car of that age. Grand if you already have a policy but if taking out a new policy the majority won't entertain it.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd say the main problem is someone trying to get insurance on a car of that age. Grand if you already have a policy but if taking out a new policy the majority won't entertain it.

Yeah, 2 prospective buyers had that problem and they weren’t exactly young by no means.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Sell it with the tagline "perfect rally cross car

:)

bear1 wrote: »
    Sell it with the tagline "perfect rally cross car

:)

:pac::pac::pac:

If she was a 3dr i'd have kept it.

In my own eyes if I was looking to buy to buy a cheap car to do me for a while I would pass that car since the problem with the exhaust. Nobody buying a cheap car wants to spend money to fix it up tbh.

In my own eyes if I was looking to buy to buy a cheap car to do me for a while I would pass that car since the problem with the exhaust. Nobody buying a cheap car wants to spend money to fix it up tbh.

Over 1200 views on adverts before the exhaust problem arose so the interest will be lessened by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

When I sold my '02 Saab, it had NCT and Tax, but a Slave/Master cylinder problem on clutch that meant that when cold the clutch wouldn't fully release. Could start car in gear, drive a couple of minutes in first, and then it would be warming up and you could switch gear. Once fully warm, it was shifting as if there was nothing wrong with it.
    Like your car, driving but with a problem (and I'd say I had a worse problem). No bites on DD, on Adverts I got 3 guys offering €100 quickly. They were breakers, but 2 had decent feedback on Adverts (both as a seller and buyer). Then a breaker offered 150, and then a private buyer offered €200. That chap bought it, I was really clear on the fault (car was totally cold when he arrived), and he took it for €170. I preferred to sell it to someone to drive than break, and he had the cash with him.

Two suggestions for information to add to the advert:
    • If car has had work done on it in recent past, highlight it, especially if you've had parts fitted. e.g. I had replaced DI cassette within 15/20k miles, which on it's own would be 250-300 new and expected to last 80k-100k miles. This reassures a potential owner that the car isn't shagged. Might also attract a breaker if he knows there are at least a couple of decent parts in there (even just a set of decent tyres on the rims).
    • If you've a quote for the exhaust, mention that and how much. As far as repairs go, it's a straight-forward one, so all that matters really is the price.
    • Photos of the interior
    • Maybe wash the body work
    To get a buyer to buy it as a vehicle, you really want to convince them that you've cared for the car up to now but just are switching newer at this stage so don't want to spend money to fix exhaust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Another 1.8T beetle
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-beetle-1-8-turbo/17069091

I quite like this, it's wrong but it's class!

I thought it was fine until I seen the interior. The lime green and shiny alloys I can get over but that interior is cat. Stock interior would have suited it better imo.

The reflections on the dash must be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The green on the dorocards is factory. Dash is awful; I remember when spraying centre consoles (or entire dashes!) was cool though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

skangermobile

The green on the dorocards is factory. Dash is awful; I remember when spraying centre consoles (or entire dashes!) was cool though

I honestly thought it was spray painted that lime colour. So factory colour and door cards interesting. What about the seats Duke are they factory?

The door tops being body colour is factory, the colour isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I honestly thought it was spray painted that lime colour. So factory colour and door cards interesting. What about the seats Duke are they factory?

The original colour was most likely yellow, to match the seats

• Advertisement

Just spotted it was originally a 2.0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement