Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've always loved the car, had one as a loaner for a while and it was lovely.
    The Saab is grand but, as a Bangernomics fan, I'm nearly due a change.
    Those lines, the only car to compare is the 406 coupe.

If at the end of the day you're only forfeitting 2 years and getting something different for less than 800e I'd check it out.
    Go on....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

dar_cool wrote: »
    Im selling this golf. Great car it has been for us. Plenty of poke and lovely interior, Nct until june next year, new timing belt and oil changed last month
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-gti-1-8t-150bhp-price-dropped/16632203

Nice looking, I like estates, looks clean on the outside, cant tell inside. Was it a UK import? The NCT says year of first registration 2005? but date of manufacture 2001. I must check my last NCT see what it says as its an import.
    I don't want to put the boot in, but it seems like a lot of money for a 2001? Someone more expert may come along and say its good value or maybe something complimentary about the engine? or at some point the price stops going down??
    I have an Octavia of the same year, granted my timing belt has a few years/miles on it now, I just cant see me getting similar money even though I could clean it out/up, despite whats been said recently here, I have had a bit of bother with insurance due to age (of the car), which I think is a shame for cars that age but are otherwise clean and good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-gti-2-0-5dr/17171080?campaign=3

ZWYzZjQ2OGIxZTBkMTU1NWQxNTRlMDgxYjUzYWQ4NGXrhWUpjjwBCS6cYBYwBTv6aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184ODAwNzEzMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Easily the worst regarded GTi ever, but this looks like a nice and completely original example thats probably worth preserving.

NCT and tax into next year & 2 owners for €1350

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

1874 wrote: »
    Nice looking, I like estates, looks clean on the outside, cant tell inside. Was it a UK import? The NCT says year of first registration 2005? but date of manufacture 2001. I must check my last NCT see what it says as its an import.
    I don't want to put the boot in, but it seems like a lot of money for a 2001? Someone more expert may come along and say its good value or maybe something complimentary about the engine? or at some point the price stops going down??
    I have an Octavia of the same year, granted my timing belt has a few years/miles on it now, I just cant see me getting similar money even though I could clean it out/up, despite whats been said recently here, I have had a bit of bother with insurance due to age (of the car), which I think is a shame for cars that age but are otherwise clean and good condition.

I think I saw this a few years ago for sale and was gone when I eventually decided to have a look.

Its a bit more than your normal Golf estate, its a GTI in sheep's clothing. I remember getting insurance quotes back in the day and they were coming in way cheaper than a normal Golf GTI.

Not in the market, but Id be interested in this if I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Easily the worst regarded GTi ever, but this looks like a nice and completely original example thats probably worth preserving.
    Because they're absolute sh**e with next to no redeeming features. 16v might be worth consideration, but the 8v is a waste of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

1874 wrote: »

Yes it was imported from the UK back in 2005. As the other poster said its not a normal boring 1.4 golf. Its 1.8T engine that came in the golf gti. A simple remap and you would have over 200bhp. Ive priced it in accordance with similar golfs/ octavia vrs and its a good deal if you ask me. I have had a bit of interest from the UK because of the rarity of the car, colour / spec so ive stuck it up on ebay for the crack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-03-nct2018-06-/17109315

YWRmNGEyNjNhMTMxODYwZTBlYWI2YjhiZWFkM2I0ZDKOfhIB4v8PYaUJUZTDP82QaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184ODI5Mjg1Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2010 Alto, NCT 6/18, €1850.

Very cheap compared to similar cars so needs scrutinizing

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Recycled ad as well.

First 2010 car on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

YWRmNGEyNjNhMTMxODYwZTBlYWI2YjhiZWFkM2I0ZDKOfhIB4v8PYaUJUZTDP82QaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184ODI5Mjg1Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Suspicious to me.
    Same seller seems to have a 'brand new, unopened' 2017 laptop for sale for €185 ....... again suspiciously low figure ....

• Advertisement

Tbf those laptops are on ebay for £138 brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Registration hidden in all (poor) photos, no discs on the windscreen, and the body of the advert would all suggest to me that it doesn't have an NCT at all and is currently still on UK plates with a valid MOT.

Yes. The ad now says VRT is extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Well spotted Top Dog. No pun intended!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes. The ad now says VRT is extra.

Also down as a Kia Rio in the description.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

So in text we have
    2010 SUZUKI Alto SZ3. Engine -0.988 L

NCT 2018-06 ( MOT uK reg, VRT 460€)
    which I read as a 1 Litre engine, while in the "Key Info" we have
    Make Kia
    Model Rio
    Engine Size 1.4 litre
    Fuel Type Diesel
    and the pictures are of a Suzuki Alto.

This ad is contradictory to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FUBO

and it has the very rare TAMMING CHAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

And a spare wheel!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommy Ferguson

jelutong wrote: »
    And a spare wheel!
    jelutong wrote: »
    And a spare wheel!

That be two spare wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Audi TT 225BHP, taxed, NCT for more than a year. Big miles, but this engine is indistructible. Asking €1,500 which is a bargain. I'd say he'll let it go for €1,300 cash in front of him. Then a bangernomics boss would know that the original cup holder is rare and desirable, it would easily and quickly sell on eBay for about €125. So then you have a €1175 TT with easily the best performance of any car for just 1.8l tax :cool:

OGFlZWM3MmRiMmQ3NzY3ZDdjYjI0YjkyOWUzYzExNWNatfz_5sMC1wsvUTZuY8UkaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NzkwNjA1Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    '07 BMW 320i auto, NCT 04/18, leather, asking €1,695

ZTg2NTEwY2ZlZGU0OGMzMWMzYTg1NGE2Y2FkYTAxNjHCXjVeAQf2Sr21ob-Qh9tsaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NzY3MzQ3Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Ad incorrectly states it's a 316i. This 2l 4 cylinder engine is very frugal (hence why the '08 cars have low tax and are still a lot more expensive to buy). A lot of car for your money!

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

'07 BMW 320i auto, NCT 04/18, leather, asking €1,695

ZTg2NTEwY2ZlZGU0OGMzMWMzYTg1NGE2Y2FkYTAxNjHCXjVeAQf2Sr21ob-Qh9tsaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NzY3MzQ3Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Ad incorrectly states it's a 316i. This 2l 4 cylinder engine is very frugal (hence why the '08 cars have low tax and are still a lot more expensive to buy). A lot of car for your money!

Apologies, here's the linky:

Linky

Lack of cup holders in a TT is a real pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think the mk1 TT is timeless, visually.

A good polish would do that one wonders. Bonus points for the "77" reg too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

unkel wrote: »
    Audi TT 225BHP, taxed, NCT for more than a year. Big miles, but this engine is indistructible.

They're not really.

These engines suffer from similar sludge build-up issues to Saab's (if I'm not mistaken).

I think the mk1 TT is timeless, visually.

A good polish would do that one wonders. Bonus points for the "77" reg too.

And you'd have great fun with the power. Isn't it also supposedly quite reasonable on fuel?

Patww79 wrote: »

Would have to disagree there, they still look like they're from the future!

Patww79 wrote: »

Couldn't disagree more. These interiors still look superb too. And you would sell the cup holder to make money. Bangernomics is all about driving as much car as you can for as little money as possible.

Buy this car for €1175 net after the cup holder is sold, add it to your classic insurance for €50 fully comp, tax it when it is up, drive it for 4-5 months, and sell it in spring for €1400 after a good clean and with much better pictures

It will only have cost you petrol then. And you will be a bangernomics boss :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

bear1 wrote: »
    And you'd have great fun with the power. Isn't it also supposedly quite reasonable on fuel?

I'd say they're decent on fuel.

I test drive a 2006 1.8 and tbh it was very nice but it didn't feel "that" quick, a 225 seems like the one to go for.

Still feel kinda bad for not doing a deal on it. Between losing that and losing the Fiesta ST the other week I'm feeling kind of grim.

I want a hot hatch but I don't want to open the wallet too far :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement