Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bear1 wrote: »
    And you'd have great fun with the power. Isn't it also supposedly quite reasonable on fuel?

And 4WD. I nearly got stuck up towards Sally Gap in my Porsche last winter on the military road on the steep section just past Lough Bray which was completely iced over. Plenty of cars were in the ditch :eek:

Would have been easy peasy if I still had my TT. That engine also had big miles, but sounded and felt like new

And yes, these are relatively light cars and quite frugal. But you know there is only one reason turbos are fitted, don't you? To be able to use more fuel :D

Keep it off boost if you must have fuel economy but that defeats the purpose of having a TT!

Lack of cup holders in a TT is a real pain!

Just buy one of the plastic ones from China for a fiver. I did. Was grand. Bought my TT for €1600 and sold it a few months later for €2100. That was a 100% free car, including my tax, insurance and petrol. I actually made a net profit on it.

I bought it to keep it, but I found it a bit too clinical to drive. I prefer a RWD toy car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would love to buy the TT have as my toy.

Getting married so don't have the cash unfortunately.

Best of luck!

Average Irish wedding costs €25k including honeymoon. Just find 5% savings somewhere (hint: negotiation is the easiest money you'll ever make) and you'll be able to buy the TT and make some money from it / enjoy a free car. Sell it next year and take your new wife on a wee holiday (costing you nothing - selling the TT paid for it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,098 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I never pay the asking price. Should always haggle, even in a retail environment.

unkel wrote: »
    Best of luck!

Average Irish wedding costs €25k including honeymoon. Just find 5% savings somewhere (hint: negotiation is the easiest money you'll ever make) and you'll be able to buy the TT and make some money from it / enjoy a free car. Sell it next year and take your new wife on a wee holiday (costing you nothing - selling the TT paid for it)

Had nearly 2 years everything planned.... Now its in 2 weeks time.

Panic set in as now have to pay for it all.

We did get a very good deal on venue and have done a lot of price checking etc.

Most is paid just the last bit to get sorted now.

Oh and thanks for the luck part hope all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I get 36mpg on my '05 mk1 for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jack hackett

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is-reliable-diesel-lexus-all-extras-comfort/17014033

06 Lexus IS, anyone in the know feel this would potentially a reliable car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is-reliable-diesel-lexus-all-extras-comfort/17014033

06 Lexus IS, anyone in the know feel this would potentially a reliable car?

Disaster in Diesel , Google them

Bigus wrote: »
    Disaster in Diesel , Google them

really? reviews dont actually seem too bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Head gasket failure, EGR valve failure all common problems on this IS diesels. They are also not very refined and the gearing is unsuitable. Best avoided imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

really? reviews dont actually seem too bad?

DRINK diesel and oil
    ARSfalls out of values
    FECK ing blocks as well as heads need to be skimmed with head gasket failure father.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Engine light, traction control light revs a bit high too.
    I wouldn't touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Think they rev up when you put the AC on.

feck, i asked 2 mechanics and they both said it was a good car?!

feck, i asked 2 mechanics and they both said it was a good car?!

Which the Lexus?

They may well want the work which it will need.

Get something that will do you on this thread.

Does it have to be a diesel? What kinda mileage do you do?

• Advertisement

Does it have to be a diesel? What kinda mileage do you do?

Yes I go from mullingar to dublin everyday so need diesel to keep the costs down

Then the A4 could be a good choice. Right combination of comfort and frugality. It's from a dealer so it should be fit for purpose (which implies warranty), but at that level you can't expect much come back. Bring a mechanic if you go to buy it (or bring the car to a mechanic before you buy)

Then the A4 could be a good choice. Right combination of comfort and frugality. It's from a dealer so it should be fit for purpose (which implies warranty), but at that level you can't expect much come back. Bring a mechanic if you go to buy it (or bring the car to a mechanic before you buy)

thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

http://www.adverts.ie/car/honda/accord/2006-honda-accord/12744539

I had that on donedeal but took it down, missus was gonna use it but shes 'intimidated' by the lpg filling!, so its gotta go.

lpg accord
    does 400-450 km to a tan kof gas, which costs about 32e.

inside is very clean, no marks, rips etc.
    outside couple of marks.
    half leather
    all new discs and pads
    all tyres replaced in last few months (cars on driveway 4 months)
    tax now out
    nct to may next year.
    1800 ono

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car/16671070

A Saab that's been for sale for a while .. would be a good candidate for an lpg conversion maybe .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-3-2l/17240623

NzJlMjBkZTMxZDc2MGFkZWM1ZjBjMGQyNWMzOTIyZGLwrw6XDyyeWrHlH56wUG59aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184ODcyNTc3Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

3.2 V6 Quattro with really nice spec. NCT to 5/18 €1500, bargain if you can put up with the tax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-3-2l/17240623

NzJlMjBkZTMxZDc2MGFkZWM1ZjBjMGQyNWMzOTIyZGLwrw6XDyyeWrHlH56wUG59aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184ODcyNTc3Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

3.2 V6 Quattro with really nice spec. NCT to 5/18 €1500, bargain if you can put up with the tax

Engine Management light seems to be on

Bazzy wrote: »
    Engine Management light seems to be on

All the dash lights are on that should be on at that moment. Car isn't actually started in that pic. The key is just in the on position.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Jack Hackett, don't post in this thread until the weekend.
    This thread is for posters to show adverts with links and images for others to contemplate. Not so much for pages of discussion that drown out the signal.

I have created a thread for you here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,098 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement