Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

oldsmokey wrote: »
    Maybe its a big tank��

60 odd liters afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo/17173705

Something for the wonter minths
    Nearly new Michelin pilot tyres

ZjE4NWE5MDg0MGJhZWZhZGE5YjU1ZWZkZjk3YjI2NTaQGkaubPgq3YZEuVuv1t8waHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184ODAyOTQxMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

ZjE4NWE5MDg0MGJhZWZhZGE5YjU1ZWZkZjk3YjI2NTaQGkaubPgq3YZEuVuv1t8waHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184ODAyOTQxMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Thats a fine machine even has the oh jesus handle for the missus in the passenger seat

Strongly tempted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭blackbox

Just as well it's in Kerry - helps to resist temptation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Well here's my car I'm trying to shift to finance a new car. Just put a new fuel pump into it. Lots of bits done and drives perfectly. And Nct until 2019.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/03-opel-vectra-1-8-gts/16973849

But your ad says...

This has been my pride and joy for the past year. It's taken me all over the country with no problems. I'm a bit of a car enthusiast and love to have my cars in top condition, hence the work done. Only selling because I moved into Limerick city only a 10 minute walk from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Leave him at it ffs....it's fine to spin whatever story he wants to sell his car. Nothing about donedeal says you have to be truthful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Leave him at it ffs....it's fine to spin whatever story he wants to sell his car. Nothing about donedeal says you have to be truthful.

AFAIK @jacksie66 already tried to sell his Vectra here back in August, when he replaced with with something else, which turned out a lemon.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-s-type-2-7td-auto-brand-new-nct/17043059

Jag u are, S Type
    Densil 2006
    New NCT
    One owner
    125 miles
    1995.00 3 month warranty

NTVjM2JhNDc4YTYzMzZiM2VjNTY3ODViNWM3ZGVhMDYhFq0YOd40mN63E8vFgDNcaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184Njc4NjEyNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,425 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

2.7 diesel? Terrible bangernomics car. Tax of a luxury car, bag of spanners for an engine and no frugality at all. Expensive too for what it is. I think I'll pass :p

'05 BMW E46 318Ci auto, Irish car, low miles. Not the cheapest you will find, but it looks extremely clean and well cared for. Shortish NCT. I would bring €1500 cash and I would expect the seller to take it.

YzRmMWQ2ZmE5N2ZkYzVkNjdhZWZmNzc3MGUwMDM2NGQNiXHB3YuuHF47aKXLwaR4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184Nzg0ODQ5NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

Future classic, all the E46 coupe 4 cylinders have the factory sports suspension and are brilliant to drive. Looks what's happening to the E30 prices at the moment, they are shooting up. And the E46 is a far superior car.

I know nothing of those Jag diesels, but wasn't it on Top Gear, tested around the Nürburgring, Clarkson said '' if you are going to buy a diesel this is it ''
    Speed , refinement, luxury.
    It went around in 9m12 .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

unkel wrote: »

Future classic, all the E46 coupe 4 cylinders have the factory sports suspension and are brilliant to drive. Looks what's happening to the E30 prices at the moment, they are shooting up. And the E46 is a far superior car.

You're the first person other than myself that I've heard saying that. I think they're a great value future classic. I have a near mint '00 318ci with 100k on it tucked away in the shed. I'm banking on the fact that by the time it reaches 30yrs old we'll all be in electric cars and everyone will be craving the smell of a petrol engine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,958 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

emeldc wrote: »
    You're the first person other than myself that I've heard saying that. I think they're a great value future classic. I have a near mint '00 318ci with 100k on it tucked away in the shed. I'm banking on the fact that by the time it reaches 30yrs old we'll all be in electric cars and everyone will be craving the smell of wonder where to get fuel for a petrol engine :)
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I know nothing of those Jag diesels, but wasn't it on Top Gear, tested around the Nürburgring, Clarkson said '' if you are going to buy a diesel this is it ''
    It went around in 9m12 .

Yeah and he really lives in the real world doesn't he? Guys like him don't need to worry about little things like reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It went around in 9m12 .

Everything said on top gear went through an entertainment filter followed by a Britannia rule the waves filter therefore most of Jezza's statements need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Can't believe how much decent car you can get for under 2k.

2006 Honda Accord 2.0 petrol, High spec - e1495 Reliable, comfortable cruiser for peanuts. (steep enough tax though!)

Screenshot.png

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-executive-2006/17287250

Not into daysul myself but sure what the hell...

2007 Diesel Accord e1990

Screenshotrthrthrtg.png

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-accord-diesel-service-history-leather-high-spec/17256750

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My only gripe would be having to look at that terrible fake wood all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It went around in 9m12 .

In the UK taxing such a car is far cheaper than it costs here so the criteria is different anyway even if he did say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Solid winter warrior there for small money and a decent length of nct too!!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-nct-low-mileage-price-drop/17280956

'hdz

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-pt-cruiser-2-0-showroom-tax-nct-5-18/17207284

Something different
    Seems well kept.
    taxed and nct

M2JmNWI4MTJjNjIzOTQ2MTYzOGIyZGU0MWVjZTA5YWLyR0k5pxibjSdrFk4E6ktpaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184ODQwOTE5MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Can't decide which is uglier, the pt or a multipla.
    Multipla still I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

bear1 wrote: »
    Multipla still I suppose

I’m a big fan of the pre-facelift Multipla’s looks. Beauty in the eye of the beholder etc. Don’t think the PT’s design has stood the test of time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Multipla still I suppose

I loved my PT ...... both to look at and to drive.

I would have kept it if I did not need the funds ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Multipla still I suppose

The PT is no looker but in all fairness to compare it to that thing is just cruel.

The PT was an oddity, different to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

I like both the PT Cruiser and the Multipla. I also like cars like the Nissan Cube, Pao and Figaro and essentially anything else that looks different and brightens up the streetscape.

There's only so many silver Octavia's, Passats and Golfs that I can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

In keeping with the last few family orientated offerings...
    NDE4_OWM3_YTgx_MWZi_Yj_Fk_MWQ5_Njkw_Mzk3_Yj_E4_OGM1_Njbml_F48_Ogj_Scw_Vk_Jph_A6nj8.jpg

Nm_Nj_YWVk_ZTUw_Nm_U1_YTU0_Yj_U3_NTIz_YWYw_NTI1_Njk2_Mjb_HXdx_E0d_FXvq_HDbj_Ijm_PN8.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-toyota-previa-2-4-auto-7-seater-nct-04-2018/17269588

2001 2.4 auto Toyota Previa
    Test till 25/04/18 & Taxed till the end of February
    Supposedly 151k miles
    interior and exterior look pretty clean
    Asking €950
    Being sold by a small time dealer who's had it since the 18th of September and most likely took it as a p/x so definitely room for haggling once you're present with a pocket of notes.
    Could make for cheap reliable family motoring through the first quarter of 2018

Its in good nick & not bad looking for a large MPV but i'd say he'd take the hand off you if you offered 5 or 6 hundred. High tax and probably a beast on petroleum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'd only love it but for the tax

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement