Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,102 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Thats an absolute bargain if it checks out okay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Hardly bangernomics with 1800 for tax...

200 for what looks like a v clean 04 laguna with low miles. (Said he’d take 200..)

http://www.adverts.ie/14144139

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭thedeere

It will drive fine without tax too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

His motors make an appearance in this thread quite regularly. That does seem like a crackin deal if all checks out alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

martyc5674 wrote: »

Rules don't mention tax! Purchase price is what counts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Rules don't mention tax! Purchase price is what counts

Asking 2300...!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭amovingstatue

bear1 wrote: »
    Around the end of this decade should see some serious cars from the post 08 era come into view.

yep, great - all diesels DPeffed with aging filters or removed filters, then the test starts locking down on the ones that have been de-DPeffed. Great days to come alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

yep, great - all diesels DPeffed with aging filters or removed filters, then the test starts locking down on the ones that have been de-DPeffed. Great days to come alright.

Or, the new generation efficient petrol engines become affordable.

Not everyone has a hankering for diesels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

martyc5674 wrote: »

It's Bangernomics alright. Taking it on the basis that you can handle the owner down to 2 grand. Ticks every other box regarding the rules.

Call it Luxobangernomics, but it is the same thing.

There's cars on here that I can insure for less than 500, but an 18 year old would pay around €2500 to insure. Should they be banned from the thread because of that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Greybottle wrote: »
    It's Bangernomics alright. Taking it on the basis that you can handle the owner down to 2 grand. Ticks every other box regarding the rules.

There's cars on here that I can insure for less than 500, but an 18 year old would pay around €2500 to insure. Should they be banned from the thread because of that?

There's already a thread for that

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Greybottle wrote: »

If you look back over this thread you'll find plenty of posts about cars being out of reach because of the insurance prices.

Maybe the tax doesn't disqualify if from the thread, its still a worthy observation though.

The price however, is over bangernomics, if one wants to be pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No it's pulled from somewhere. Carsireland does it too.
    His motors make an appearance in this thread quite regularly. That does seem like a crackin deal if all checks out alright.

Does he have a good reputation around here? noticed car seems sold in the last few minutes as I was posting and comparing, it seemed very cheap compared to others I tried quickly to compare to on donedeal just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

1874 wrote: »
    Does he have a good reputation around here? noticed car seems sold in the last few minutes as I was posting and comparing, it seemed very cheap compared to others I tried quickly to compare to on donedeal just now.

I don't think any one has had any complaint but haven't heard anything the other way either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/01-honda-civic-1-4cc-nct-2-18-tax-3-18-serviced/17362846

NCT until February and taxed until March.
    €475. Needs a boot lock but other than that it looks clean enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Even so why would it matter if the diesels are bargains?
    Petrol has come a long long way so I look forward to seeing the tsi's coming in for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,425 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm afraid this man is right. Up to now, most bangernomics in this thread thankfully have been petrol. Soon enough plenty of post 2008 cars will come in here. Nearly all diesels with all the problems they have (and never mind they give you cancer). People in this country bought more diesels than in any other EU country. Who knows, maybe more than anywhere in the world. Chape tax FTW, nothing else matters.

And the few and far between nice petrol car showing up here will be too old for most people to insure

This thread has a great future. Not. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

If the DL reg doesn't put you off and your not hell bent on getting a 08 for the chape tax etc etc.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-passat-1-9-tdi-se-model-nct-till-01/17325306

2007 Passat 1.9 dsl;
    186k miles;
    taxed to the end of the month and light on NCT though (01/18);
    Cruise control;
    Asking €999.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/01-honda-civic-1-4cc-nct-2-18-tax-3-18-serviced/17362846

I hate to be pedantic but where is the seller getting "NCT 2/18" from? Disc clearly states expiry as the very first day of January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

At this rate they could put it through the NCT, looks like they are trying to shift it, will sell much handier with the NCT,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

1874 wrote: »
    At this rate they could put it through the NCT, looks like they are trying to shift it, will sell much handier with the NCT,

Unless they know it won't pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

unkel wrote: »
    I'm afraid this man is right. Up to now, most bangernomics in this thread thankfully have been petrol. Soon enough plenty of post 2008 cars will come in here. Nearly all diesels with all the problems they have (and never mind they give you cancer). People in this country bought more diesels than in any other EU country. Who knows, maybe more than anywhere in the world. Chape tax FTW, nothing else matters.

And the few and far between nice petrol car showing up here will be too old for most people to insure

This thread has a great future. Not. :(

TBF people don't just buy diesels for cheap tax. It is also cheaper at the pump and more fuel efficient. I would say its a combination of all three

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

emeldc wrote: »
    It's a sin to have to let that car go for less than a grand. Put it in the shed. I bet that's what the next owner does.

id love to keep it but id rather not let her sit there doing nothing, it should be driven and i cant afford to insure 2 cars. If i could get classic insurance on it id keep it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

everlast75 wrote: »
    TBF people don't just buy diesels for cheap tax. It is also cheaper at the pump and more fuel efficient. I would say its a combination of all three

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/real-mpg/the-10-diesels-with-the-worst-real-mpg-fuel-economy/ :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I don't want to derail the thread into a diesel vs petrol thread, but your article states that there are 10 diesels with worse mpg than petrol. Is it not safe to assume that these 10 are therefore the exception rather than the rule?

In any event, I drive a petrol, don't hate diesel, but just like bangernomics - that's why I am here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

everlast75 wrote: »
    I don't want to derail the thread into a diesel vs petrol thread, but your article states that there are 10 diesels with worse mpg than petrol. Is it not safe to assume that these 10 are therefore the exception rather than the rule?

In any event, I drive a petrol, don't hate diesel, but just like bangernomics - that's why I am here.

No, that's just the top 10. I wouldn't take the article too seriously, it is interesting see some calculations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I read just the first example, very informative...

320i xDrive Automatic has reported fuel economy better than the catalogue says, while the average is ~80%. It seems it's also more efficient than a regular RWD 320i Automatic!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/gt-tdi-golf/16605176

Golf GT TDI
    nct Till April 18

For 1200.00 you get a lot of spec, plus belts and water pump just done

ZGY3NmVkNzU2Y2YwZjFlNzFlOWNkM2M4NzVmMzc3YWJinc4g0kEtCN6fkOubeGf9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184MjA4MTc5M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If the seller got a fresh NCT (out in a month) on it then it could be a decent buy.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-bmw-320d-business-edition-163bhp/17297086

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement