Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

If the seller got a fresh NCT (out in a month) on it then it could be a decent buy.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-bmw-320d-business-edition-163bhp/17297086

If the seller done that he wouldn't be asking 1450, there's more than likely a good reason why they haven't put a fresh nct on it ........ $$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 36,102 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-audi-a6-petrol-2-4-v6-automatic-2150-euros/17255932

Audi A6 2.4 V6 Auto
    All extras,full spec
    Two keys
    Asking 2150 ONO

YmZiNGM1NGViZDZkMmNmODY2YTBhMzJjZDhmY2I3OWXh5hg8CjXISvDZij3D2lNgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184OTAxODA3MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Nct is out in a month, think he's pricing it high for something which costs a fortune to tax and soon enough will need testing.
    Coupled with the fact it's at the highest end of the price range it's not a very appealing offer.
    But that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

bear1 wrote: »
    Nct is out in a month, think he's pricing it high for something which costs a fortune to tax and soon enough will need testing.
    Coupled with the fact it's at the highest end of the price range it's not a very appealing offer.
    But that's just me.

Still - t is a V6 - and a relatively young one - it's one of the newest cars in this thread... Might not be as cheap to run as a Yaris, but it won't be as gutless as it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,425 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's cheap. Probably for a reason. I get no good vibe off that car myself. Why is the reg hidden?

If that car is on the new 2008 motor tax, it will cost a staggering €2,350 per year to tax. Also it is just front wheel drive and has a horrible CVT autobox

I say: thanks but no thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭thedeere

It’s also got a hitch. Probably been towing cow boxes to the cattle mart.

Might suit another cute hoor Kerry farmer who doesn't "do" motor tax :p

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-audi-a6-petrol-2-4-v6-automatic-2150-euros/17255932

Audi A6 2.4 V6 Auto
    All extras,full spec
    Two keys
    Asking 2150 ONO

YmZiNGM1NGViZDZkMmNmODY2YTBhMzJjZDhmY2I3OWXh5hg8CjXISvDZij3D2lNgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184OTAxODA3MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

08lk1419 is the reg according to the website linked to the donedeal ad. NCT out on 15/01/18. And its priced at €2,650 on the dealers website.

Right so the tax costs more than the car :D

jcon1913 wrote: »
    08lk1419 is the reg according to the website linked to the donedeal ad. NCT out on 15/01/18. And its priced at €2,650 on the dealers website.

Nice work!
    bear1 wrote: »
    Right so the tax costs more than the car :D

No, it's still on the old system, so just €1034 motor tax (instead of €2350 on the new system)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭thedeere

Neighbour reckons it would pull a 3 tonne mini digger.

I can pull a 3 tonne mini digger. That A6 is not particularly suited to pull a heavy trailer. And many people in this country that are involved in that kinda activity do not have the right driving license to do so...

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

unkel wrote: »
    I can pull a 3 tonne mini digger. That A6 is not particularly suited to pull a heavy trailer. And many people in this country that are involved in that kinda activity do not have the right driving license to do so...

Looks more like Pony Club than pulling diggers. 😄😄😄

That combo of auto box, front wheel drive and big engine means its not good at getting power to the tyres. Not for the boy racers. Which is a good thing IMHO.

thedeere wrote: »
    You’re great, what relevance is having a licence to tow a digger here.

I thought the hint was pretty clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

jharr100 wrote: »

That looks very fresh for the money

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

NGNl_Yz_Q5_MWFm_Ym_Ji_N2_E4_Ym_M2_Njlh_Ym_Y4_NTM4_ZDI4_NDh_OZly-_Tj4_SAg_HF-u_ZZit_ER.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-e220-nct-and-taxed-till-next-year/16895289

2 owner 1998 w210 c220cdi
    Seems very well minded considering the 230k miles on the clock and reportedly fully rust protected underneath which is important for w210's
    Test till December 2018
    Tax till the end of June 2018
    Supposedly the sellers fathers car who is/was a mechanic and the add does have a genuine vibe about it so I'd be inclined to believe that.
    (pics at the house, michael moore disc holder, what looks to be a newer merc in the background of pic 1 etc.)
    Asking €1100 and has been for sale a good while and was originally listed at 1450 so its due another price drop which I'm sure a prospective buyer could haggle for.

Seller has four other cars for sale but I woulnd't be too bothered about that. Thats a great find with the all that tax left on it.

Seller has four other cars for sale but I woulnd't be too bothered about that. Thats a great find with the all that tax left on it.

Ay seems to be that his father is/was a mechanic and Tim himself is a bit of a trader/dealer. He has a very cheap 2009 i20 diesel with big miles but it looks pretty straight and his wifes d5 v70 is a fine bus too all greenlight verified as well.

• Advertisement

all greenlight verified as well.

What exactly is that?

unkel wrote: »
    What exactly is that?

As far as I know it's some sort of cartell type job sellers can volunteer their reg and logbook details to when placing an add and in turn it'll show on the add of the car is an import or not and whether it has ever been written off etc.

I've no idea how comprehensive it is really but usually the textbook dodgey done deal cars don't have it and it'll say the seller has not provided documentation to verify this vehicle, so make of that what you will.

That said there's plenty of decent looking cars that don't have it too so I'm unsure how effective its implementation has been or what percentage uptake it has seen. It's only been around since the summer iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

As far as I know it's some sort of cartell type job sellers can volunteer their reg and logbook details to when placing an add and in turn it'll show on the add of the car is an import or not and whether it has ever been written off etc. .

It validates the reg against the log book number. If the seller does not have logbook, they cannot validate the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Classy W124 Coupe with a good colour combo, leather and an NCT to the end of next summer, all for less then €2,000. Bargain as the prices are only going up on decent models.

Chrome wheel arches may be hiding rust or are just a somewhat tacky embellishment. Either way it's worth a look and can be insured as a classic with most companies.

€1,950, NCT 31/07/18
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/beautiful-classic-mercedes-long-nct/16890715

ODQwYWJiNDY4Y2ZjZDUxNjE5NmNlZjBjOWJmNmFmZjN8_mIZskw7KF_VDeo8klkIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184NTA3NzMwNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/classic-toyota-corolla-1-3i-gl-5-door-1993/17444963?campaign=3

MjI4YjRlMmRiZDllYmM5YTQ0ZTJkN2ZjYjVmYWFmYzhpinWcQtPUjpD573cH6q-_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDQyMTQ5OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

If I'm reading the ad right, its had the same owner in both the UK and Ireland since 1993. Looks in very good nick, and the ad has a genuine air to it. NCT 7/18 €500. Not to everyone's tastes but I'd have this in a heart beat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/classic-toyota-corolla-1-3i-gl-5-door-1993/17444963?campaign=3

If I'm reading the ad right, its had the same owner in both the UK and Ireland since 1993. Looks in very good nick, and the ad has a genuine air to it. NCT 7/18 €500. Not to everyone's tastes but I'd have this in a heart beat

It even has that 80's/90's rubber gear gaitor in good condition. They usually develop holes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

It even has that 80's/90's rubber gear gaitor in good condition. They usually develop holes

Never seen one on a corolla developing holes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

id pay above 500 for that

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

Haven't seen one of those in a good while

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

you will find that the rear parcel shelf in that is made from steel.... Had one before and had to walk on it, couldn't believe the build quality overall. An apocalyptic car

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement