Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB Laois

Options
  • 15-04-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys, i am 16 and I have a MTB bike at home but getting a new one and since I had one I never really got a chance to put it through a test. I am wondering are there any good trails around Portlaoise I know that there is go ahead in the Slieve Blooms trail but that isn't ready right now first stage supposed to be ready for Summer. I am also wondering on how to become a competitive rider, so far I know that I have to have a cycle license the competitive one but are there any clubs preferably in Portlaoise that have groups of people which ride together? I myself would like to learn some skills and compete with others in my age group.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Give the lads at Unlaoised MTB a shout, they'll point you in the right direction.

https://www.facebook.com/Unlaoised-Mtb-720959871360681/

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭benneca1

You are not so far from bikepark other side of roscrea get someone to drop you down and you will meet like minded folk. Drop into race right cycles in Kea Lew business park They will know who goes out and where.

Nearest trail to you is in Stradbally in oakvale wood out Carlow road on left you could cycle out.

There is another one near Ballyroan the boys in unlaoised will put you right

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

benneca1 wrote:
    You are not so far from bikepark other side of roscrea get someone to drop you down and you will meet like minded folk. Drop into race right cycles in Kea Lew business park They will know who goes out and where.

Second bike park, great place. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mad1014

benneca1 wrote: »

Nearest trail to you is in Stradbally in oakvale wood out Carlow road on left you could cycle out.

There is another one near Ballyroan the boys in unlaoised will put you right

Yeah I'm gonna speak with the Race Right Cycles guys when I pickup my new bike from them

Advertisement