Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I'm thinking Brunt to Rojo and Pedro to Zaha. Though I think there's an argument to be made that Pedro has a higher SGW points potential than Zaha's DGW.

I did Pedro to Zaha this week - Pedro has not been returning for weeks now and seems to have gone off the boil. Not even picking up a clean sheet bonus point! I think it's a good move.

I am also looking at Brunt to either Gibson, Bailly or Rojo - waiting on Valdes' injury news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Backing away from rashford think I'll just do origi to negredo and then negredo to gabbadini the following week.

What's your thinking against Rashford?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Has anyone watched Swansea lately? I've been giving Siggy "one last chance" based on decent fixtures the last few weeks but he's returned nothing. Another decent fixture at home this week so in the same predicament. Has he been unlucky or just out of form? Was planning on Lukaku to Ibra but wary of United rotation so looking at alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    What's your thinking against Rashford?

Two difficult away games and doubts over whether he will start either of them centrally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Five red arrows in a row and nothing really to play for so thinking about rolling the dice with a -4 for

Costa > Ibra
    Lukaku > Benteke

Would give me 6DGW (Hennessy, Valencia, Zaha, Benteke, Ibra, Negredo) in 34, pray for the best in 35, WC in 36 and BB 37

Would mean watching the teamsheet updates from behind the couch, but f*ck it may as well have a bit of fun while team languishes around the 400k mark

• Advertisement

Two difficult away games and doubts over whether he will start either of them centrally.

Are you going with no United attacker?

I have no fcking clue what to do at this stage.

I'm stuck in the 25-35k range for last 4 weeks, and 25-50k for 10 weeks. Not a slump like you've have but frustrating taking one step forwards and two steps back.

I have only Gibson, Zaha and Benteke for the DGW, with Chambers very uncertain.

I'm veering between a -8 to get 3 more DGWer and saying to hell with the DGW and getting in Kane and King.

Are you going with no United attacker?

I have no fcking clue what to do at this stage.

I'm stuck in the 25-35k range for last 4 weeks, and 25-50k for 10 weeks. Not a slump like you've have but frustrating taking one step forwards and two steps back.

I have only Gibson, Zaha and Benteke for the DGW, with Chambers very uncertain.

I'm veering between a -8 to get 3 more DGWer and saying to hell with the DGW and getting in Kane and King.

Ye staying clear I think. Ill be going all out on 36 and 37 instead. I have ddg chambers benteke and more than likely negredo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Considering going without a United attacker here too. I have Zaha and Benteke for the DGW, plus Valencia who probably won't play both games.

I'm only considering Ibra because so many will have him, but I can't afford him without downgrading one of my midfielders. That's no problem, but there are no decent mids with a DGW, so it seems like a waste.

Realistically, I'd have to take a -8, and it doesn't seem worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Probably Fabio to Gibson giving me three DGWers: Gibson, Benteke (c) and whatever I get out of Valencia. I don't want to drop any of Lukaku, Kane, King, Son, Alli or Sanchez for a DGWer and don't think a hit is justified for any other DGW defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still planning on banking despite Alonso and Valdes being potentially injured.

Not too bothered about Alonso tbh but put a lot of effort into getting Valdes in on the WC :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Current Team: 
    Valdes (Forster)
    Alonso Valencia Janmaat (Davies, Holgate)
    Alli Son Sanchez Zaha Redmond
    Ibra Aguero (Anichebe)

Was contemplating getting rid of Alonso for a mid range defender for this week either Bailly or Ward. But on closer inspection I can do for a hit, 

Anichebe to Benteke (and bench Redmond)
    Alonso to a 4.6m defender - Friend or Barragan or Chambers.
    Think Benteke will outscore Redmond over the GW so looks like a decent risk. If I was to go this route though, which Boro defender would be worth getting and would that outweigh the more straightforward Alonso to Bailly?

I'd look at a Palace defender quicker than a Boro defender (less favourable fixtures I know). Boro were decent defensively on the basis they didn't commit much going forward. Given their league position they need to go all for wins from here on in so can see them conceding more now. Palace on the other hand know they are facing superior opposition and are close to securing safety so Big Sam will have them set up to not concede and his track record in such games is impressive. You also have Valdes so double Boro defence would be too much imo. Anichebe to Benteke is definitely worth the hit given he's almost guaranteed to get 180 mins barring injury.
    Yes I do agree with them being very open and that is why Im considering Friend - doesn't he have some potential for attacking returns over 2 games? Alonso may not play but if he does should have a handy CS.
    Then this takes into calculation my Benteke over Redmond who may outscore him.
    Alonso & Redmond
    v
    Benteke & Friend (-4)
    Can move Benteke on to Gabbiadini then for his Double DGW's but id be lost with Friend then as I couldn't move him to any DGW player for 37 unless I did other moves and freed up cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Yes I do agree with them being very open and that is why Im considering Friend - doesn't he have some potential for attacking returns over 2 games? Alonso may not play but if he does should have a handy CS.
    Alonso & Redmond
    v
    Benteke & Friend (-4)
    Can move Benteke on to Gabbiadini then for his Double DGW's but id be lost with Friend then as I couldn't move him to any DGW player for 37 unless I did other moves and freed up cash.

True, he has attacking potential so he could be a good option. I guess I was leaning towards Palace defenders based on what they need to secure safety and a favourable GW35 fixture too. If u do go with Friend then Stephens/Yoshida are cheap Southampton options for GW 36/37 if they're still starting at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dunno why, given how awful they were at the weekend, but Hazard has spent more time in my transfer thoughts this week than any DGW player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Alonso & Redmond
    v
    Benteke & Friend (-4)

True, he has attacking potential so he could be a good option. I guess I was leaning towards Palace defenders based on what they need to secure safety and a favourable GW35 fixture too. If u do go with Friend then Stephens/Yoshida are cheap Southampton options for GW 36/37 if they're still starting at that stage.
    Stephens / Yoshida would be non-runners if I got Gabbiadini. Giving their current form triple up on Southampton seems insane also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Has anyone watched Swansea lately? I've been giving Siggy "one last chance" based on decent fixtures the last few weeks but he's returned nothing. Another decent fixture at home this week so in the same predicament. Has he been unlucky or just out of form? Was planning on Lukaku to Ibra but wary of United rotation so looking at alternatives.

He's been involved and has been quite unlucky. Has come up against keepers having great games and also missed a few easy enough chances at the weekend. I'm tempted to bench with De Roon this week. If u do, he's probably guaranteed to be in the points. Seems to be how this game works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

No idea what transfers to do this week. Currently have just the two players with dgw this week, Zaha and Pva.
    Initially had intended to bring in Ibra and Gibson. Going off the idea of bring in Gibson, horrible fixtures after this week and as another poster mentioned earlier, they need to chase points and the worry has to be that they may leave gaps at the back.

May still bring in Ibra but whereas before last weekend I would have thought he was the one United player that would start every game, it's now a possibility that he's on the bench for one of the next two. The other consideration is high ownership and probably high captaincy for Ibra this gw may mean it's too much of a risk not to get him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So am pretty much set on Aguero to Ibra this week, but now also thinking of bringing in Bentake, but not sure to drop either Vardy, or Defoe. Leaning towards Defoe my self, any reason or thoughts against this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just realised I'll be captaining ibra Vs Heaton
    Last October was probably my most frustrating day in fantasy
    Ibra captain and heaton playing like superman on my bench

It's payback baby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

km79 wrote:
    Just realised I'll be captaining ibra Vs Heaton Last October was probably my most frustrating day in fantasy Ibra captain and heaton playing like superman on my bench

km79 wrote:
    It's payback baby

Same as myself, thinking of getting Valdes in for Foster to counter it!

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So am pretty much set on Aguero to Ibra this week, but now also thinking of bringing in Bentake, but not sure to drop either Vardy, or Defoe. Leaning towards Defoe my self, any reason or thoughts against this?

Feck, with Ibra and Bentake both due to rise last night, although don't think either did, used my 2 free transfers and pulled the trigger. With Leicester being knocked out of Europe, held on to Vardy.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Feck, with Ibra and Bentake both due to rise last night, although don't think either did, used my 2 free transfers and pulled the trigger. With Leicester being knocked out of Europe, held on to Vardy.

Depending on how Leicester approach the rest of the season Vardy could be a very interesting differential for GW36 - 38. Tough fixtures in the DGW but great fixtures either side and City defence have struggled with him in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Who are the nailed on Palace defenders? 

Martin Kelly looks interesting at 4.2m and has played the last few. Was his game time linked to PVA's absence? I realise Sakho can't play the game v Liverpool, but aside from that, what do people think is Palace's defence for the run in?

Plans for GW36/37 may start with downgrading Alonso to free up cash to get Sanchez back in.

mectavba wrote: »
    Who are the nailed on Palace defenders? 

Martin Kelly looks interesting at 4.2m and has played the last few. Was his game time linked to PVA's absence? I realise Sakho can't play the game v Liverpool, but aside from that, what do people think is Palace's defence for the run in?

Plans for GW36/37 may start with downgrading Alonso to free up cash to get Sanchez back in.

I believe Tomkins is close to a return which will probably end Kelly's run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Ward probably looks the safest bet for the next couple of weeks with Palace's defence, even though it is more than likely PVA will regain his place along with all of his attacking potential!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I'll more than likely bring in Zaha & Ibra for Fabregas & Lukaku.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Harambe wrote: »
    I'll more than likely bring in Zaha & Ibra for Fabregas & Lukaku.

Lukaku scores against West Ham, nine in a row as it stands.

F1ngers wrote: »

9 goals and 4 assists in 11 games against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lukaku is too explosive to dump without very good reason imo. I personally couldn't justify selling for rest of the season.

My other option is to drop Kane for Ibra.
    Or just stick with Kane & Lukaku and not bring Ibra in for the DGW at all.

• Advertisement

Depending on how Leicester approach the rest of the season Vardy could be a very interesting differential for GW36 - 38. Tough fixtures in the DGW but great fixtures either side and City defence have struggled with him in the past.

Will probably hold on to him (Vardy) now for season. Depending on how Ibra plays, may stick with him or go back to Aguero. Still wondering how I might work in Kane though in time for GW37. It may take a points hit unless I bank it for 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Harambe wrote: »

My other option is to drop Kane for Ibra.
    Or just stick with Kane & Lukaku and not bring Ibra in for the DGW at all.
    I'm sticking with Kane/Lukaku.

Can't justify selling in form players with lots to play for, to get a player who has priorities elsewhere

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm sticking with Kane/Lukaku.

Can't justify selling in form players with lots to play for, to get a player who has priorities elsewhere

True. Is there any guarantee Ibra will even start both games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I just don't know about DGW34.

Any transfer I make for this poor DGW is a transfer or point hit that can be used for the subsequent doubles.

I have Zaha and Valencia. Honestly, the only other player I am considering is Friend, mainly because he is cheap and frees up funds for other players.

Will Ibra start against City?
    Is Benteke worth a point hit?
    Will United rotate?
    Do I honestly want Boro players stinking up my team?
    Do I really want Palace players long term?

Just getting lukewarm feelings from the fixtures. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

FutureGuy wrote: »

Any transfer I make for this poor DGW is a transfer or point hit that can be used for the subsequent doubles.

I have Zaha and Valencia. Honestly, the only other player I am considering is Friend, mainly because he is cheap and frees up funds for other players.

Will United rotate?

Exactly what I feel. Well put.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I hadn't even contemplated Zlatan until this morning. Aguero to Zlatan would be the easiest move in the world.

But. It. Would. Be. So. Incredibly. Boring.

Although coupled with the likely additions of the 2 Palace players I occasionally reference then it might balance things up.

That's before I get to Zaha, United or Boro defenders!

At least I have 2 FTs which should limit the hits and a WC in my back pocket too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

I am thinking of doing a minus eight:
    Aguero -> Ibra
    Fletcher -> Townsend
    Brunt -> Baily

Doing these now, these players are an improvement on my regular team this week but also have better GW35 fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I had Aguero in my mind, as the transfer out for Ibra since the DGW was announced, but now, looking at it, with United as they are and City having Middlesbrough (A) and Crystal Palace (H) and a DGW of Leicester and West Brom at home, then Aguero is a winning ticket even if Jesus starts a game ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Whats peoples thought on

Alonso to gibson
    Siggy to sanchez

Will cost -4 .....

Currently top of my leagues...but acerage scores past two weeks...got valencia and benteke dgw this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CSF wrote: »
    I had Aguero in my mind, as the transfer out for Ibra since the DGW was announced, but now, looking at it, with United as they are and City having Middlesbrough (A) and Crystal Palace (H) and a DGW of Leicester and West Brom at home, then Aguero is a winning ticket even if Jesus starts a game ahead of him.

I was thinking about this last night and came to the same conclusion.
    My front 3 is currently Aguero Kane Lukaku.
    I have no players in my squad who I'm happy to captain this week so I'll be bringing in a DGW striker and captaining them.
    Selling Kane is out of the question so it's between Lukaku and Aguero.
    I was initially happy to sell Aguero but I don't think I can justify it with his fixtures, especially when I've no wildcard.
    So I'll reluctantly have to let Lukaku go. His lack of a double makes that easier to stomach though.

CSF wrote: »
    spock. wrote: »
    I was thinking about this last night and came to the same conclusion.
    My front 3 is currently Aguero Kane Lukaku.
    I have no players in my squad who I'm happy to captain this week so I'll be bringing in a DGW striker and captaining them.
    Selling Kane is out of the question so it's between Lukaku and Aguero.
    I was initially happy to sell Aguero but I don't think I can justify it with his fixtures, especially when I've no wildcard.
    So I'll reluctantly have to let Lukaku go. His lack of a double makes that easier to stomach though.

I think I'll probably sell him for the same reasons as Spock but I have WC if I want to get him back.

GW35 WC is looking likely. GW36 BB not out of question. I think if you want Aguero in your DGW37 squad, along with say Kane who we'll all have your are leaving so little budget to spread around the other 13 positions that its possibly gonna defeat the purpose of the BB. For that reason I'm considering a strong 11 approach to DGW37 over the BB (thanks to mectavba getting into my head the bugger.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

spock. wrote:
    I was thinking about this last night and came to the same conclusion. My front 3 is currently Aguero Kane Lukaku. I have no players in my squad who I'm happy to captain this week so I'll be bringing in a DGW striker and captaining them. Selling Kane is out of the question so it's between Lukaku and Aguero. I was initially happy to sell Aguero but I don't think I can justify it with his fixtures, especially when I've no wildcard. So I'll reluctantly have to let Lukaku go. His lack of a double makes that easier to stomach though.

Have the same front 3 and decision to make. More chance of Aguero getting dropped when Jesus is back and I just think Lukaku is in too good form so I'll prob do Aguero to Ibra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Have the same front 3 and decision to make. More chance of Aguero getting dropped when Jesus is back and I just think Lukaku is in too good form so I'll prob do Aguero to Ibra.

I just don't see Pep dropping Aguero this time when Jesus is fit. Aguero is scoring, City are winning - both of which weren't happening when Jesus was first signed.
    He doesn't need to rush Jesus back and risk him getting injured again when he already has a striker in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FutureGuy wrote: »

Will United rotate?

I own the exact same players and am asking the exact same questions with the same reluctance to act.
    Just I was also considering Rojo in case Valencia is dropped again.

Oh I own Chambers too.

iroced wrote: »
    I own the exact same players and am asking the exact same questions with the same reluctance to act.
    Just I was also considering Rojo in case Valencia is dropped again.

Oh I own Chambers too.

and you know that someone like Benteke or Gibson will get 20 points if you don't bring them in.

A boro fan on ffs reckons chambers will be straight back in the team either at cb for Ayala or rb for baragan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A boro fan on ffs reckons chambers will be straight back in the team either at cb for Ayala or rb for baragan.

At this stage he will be a free dgw player for those who held. With Fuchs away to Arsenal I think I will throw him in and hopefully get 120 from him at least.

Jsut some more thinking out loud.

My front 7 as it stands for this week (with Crouch on the bench) is...

Alli - Eriksen - Sanchez - King - Zaha
    Kane - Lukaku

If I bring in Zlatan, I must sell either Sanchez and Crouch for a hit. Do I want to sell Sanchez before Leicester at home?

If I bring in Benteke for Crouch, I have to take out Baines. If I do that, I also have to drop one mid. Do I want to drop Alli and Erisken at Palace, King at home to Boro or Zaha?

Soooooooo.....

Getting in Chambers or Friend makes sense. It frees up funds for other players in later GWs.

PVA also makes sense after having a thought about it. It's not so much the double, it's the Burnley game after it is making me very excited. Burnley are conceding a metric ton of chances down that side and PVA could easily get a double figure return. Hull in GW37 could be better than some DGW choices too.

Just want to see how United do tonight before locking in any plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Matip klavan and Lucas have all not trained for Liverpool and are major doubts.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

km79 wrote: »
    Matip klavan and Lucas have all hit trained for Liverpool and are major doubts.........

Crikey...that leaves Lovern and nobody at centre back.

The armband has suddenly started levitating towards Benteke and Zaha

• Advertisement
Advertisement