Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Probably Ibra to benteke now
    Absolutely no point planning for DGWs in advance
    Actually prob llorente to benteke and bench Ibra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd love to get Rashford in.

120 minutes in his legs after almost 90 last Sunday? Will José do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dahat wrote: »
    Agreed but I'm all over Rashford if Ibra is out.
    That is one way of looking at it. Another is that Jose will be looking at wrapping up his only favoured striker in cotton wool ahead of Europa League semi-finals. If United get there that is.

If Anderlecht get through, then I am all over him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just seen Ibras awkward landing, used my free to get him in as well, looking like a -4 to bring Kane in a couple GWs early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

CSF wrote: »
    That is one way of looking at it. Another is that Jose will be looking at wrapping up his only favoured striker in cotton wool ahead of Europa League semi-finals. If United get there that is.

If Anderlecht get through, then I am all over him too.

Rashers will be sleeping in bubble wrap. Jose has Martial and Rooney to play up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Plans gone out the window now with Ibra out injured. Rashford could very well be rested this Sunday but since he is the only clear goal threat that has been getting minutes by Jose consistently, it looks like he might be the only option now.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Need to ship out Ibra. Lukaku and Kane my other strikers. Looking at Negredo ahead of tekkers as I already have Zaha and worried about Rasher gametime. Also Bring in Cout/firm for fletcher and use AOA chip with Alexis Eriksen king my other three mids. Sound logical? Was going to bring Gibson in but not sure I can face a -8 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I've Only just watched the highlights of the United game, had been avoiding the score all evening.
    So then, bringing in Ibra and captaining him is out. Rojo' injury means Bailly should be nailed on to start both games, but also weakens United defensively.

So who to bring in??? Rashford? 120 mins tonight isn't ideal and, possibly Jose rests him for one of the games.
    Benteke? Already have Zaha and Pva, think 2 Palace players is enough of a gamble in that direction.
    Negredo?? Has the easier fixtures but Boro haven't exactly been free scoring all season? ... And besides, transferring Aguero to Negredo just sounds wrong.

It's a dgw, and think might actually consider banking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Fant11 wrote: »
    Need to ship out Ibra. Lukaku and Kane my other strikers. Looking at Negredo ahead of tekkers as I already have Zaha and worried about Rasher gametime. Also Bring in Cout/firm for fletcher and use AOA chip with Alexis Eriksen king my other three mids. Sound logical? Was going to bring Gibson in but not sure I can face a -8 for that.

Yes imo especially if you're willing to bench him next week and/or have WC left.
    What 4 defenders would you play if you benched Ibra?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Negredo now in for Carroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Brought in Ibra ahead of a rise.

Looks like a sore injury just now so gonna have to take a -4 to get rid :(

Did the same,normally I avoided jumping on potential rises and this time I got bitten over his injury.
    Jose not confident for him.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Crazy GW so far transfer wise.Never been so unsure of what to do.Cup semis could result in further decimation...bench could be in play big time this GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Question for those of you (like myself) that jumped the Ibra gun early.... will you take hits to replace him, bench him or leave him and hope that he plays the second game?

I have Siggy on the bench - probably the safest option is to just bench Ibra and put him in.

I've no idea
    And I've no idea who to captain either
    I've had a feeling for Sanchez all week and I may go for it but I'll have siggy or some other single GW player as back up as there will probably be more devastation in store for us during the cup games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

COH wrote: »
    Question for those of you (like myself) that jumped the Ibra gun early.... will you take hits to replace him, bench him or leave him and hope that he plays the second game?

I have Siggy on the bench - probably the safest option is to just bench Ibra and put him in.

Really don't know. Had two free transfers, had originally thought would try and hold one for GW 36/7 incase of injuries, but jumped the gun and used both for this GW. Now it's really came back and bit me. Considering cutting my loses, and dropping back to 4 DGW players, and bring in Kane, up front with exsisting players Vardy and Bentake.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Only made 1 transfer, Fabregas out, Zaha in.

Great
    Just
    Great

@BenDinnery: Butland edges closer: “Jack has had a really good week. I think it's fair to say that he's in my mind. This weekend is a possibility." #SCFC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Just going to do Ibra to Negredo now.
    I'm going to leave Valdes in and hope he plays the home game to Sunderland. My other GK is Forster who is away to Chelsea

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Just going to do Ibra to Negredo now.
    I'm going to leave Valdes in and hope he plays the home game to Sunderland. My other GK is Forster who is away to Chelsea
    Next weeks transfer will be Negredo to Gabbiadini then.
    There is 5.9m ITB and it feels so wrong to leave it just sitting there

• Advertisement

Not ashamed to say I'm utterly confused.

1FT.

Grant
    Mee Chambers Vertonghen
    Alli King Sané Zaha Sanchez
    Kane Lukaku

Subs: Randolph Origi Bertrand Nyom

1. I could bank and captain Zaha

2. I could transfer out Nyom for PVA or Bailly, and play them instead of Mee.

3. Origi out for Rashford and captain him, and drop Sané to the bench.

I'm leaning towards option 3. I think Rashford will get 120 minutes minimum. I could also do Nyom to Bailly/PVA for -4 on top of the Rashford transfer.

I'm neck and neck in main league after being 60 points down 2 weeks ago. He has Ibra.

Any thoughts at all? I don't ask often!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

People's thoughts on Sanchez out for Ozil to free up some funds? I can then bring in Negrado/Gabbiadini in for Crouch.

SlickRic wrote: »

1FT.

Grant
    Mee Chambers Vertonghen
    Kane Lukaku

I'm leaning towards option 3. I think Rashford will get 120 minutes minimum. I could also do Nyom to Bailly/PVA for -4 on top of the Rashford transfer.

I'm neck and neck in main league after being 60 points down 2 weeks ago. He has Ibra.

I would not be moving Sane to any bench, regardless of opposition. Form player & City going through the gears.

I would probably go Mee to Bailly as he will almost certainly be nailed on to play 2 games in GW37 too.
    Do you still have bench Boost?

Other thoughts, Origi to Negredo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Plans gone out the window now with Ibra out injured. Rashford could very well be rested this Sunday but since he is the only clear goal threat that has been getting minutes by Jose consistently, it looks like he might be the only option now.

He came out recently and said he trusts Rashford whether he scores or not, so that could be an indication of his plans.

1FT.

Grant
    Mee Chambers Vertonghen
    Kane Lukaku

2 with bailly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

1FT.

Grant
    Mee Chambers Vertonghen
    Kane Lukaku

I like option 3. I'm contemplating a -4 for Bailly/PVA as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    He came out recently and said he trusts Rashford whether he scores or not, so that could be an indication of his plans.

He also said this...

“He cannot play every game. It is hard for the kid but I always trust the players with special mentality."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads I'm lost!!

Pickford Valdez (inj)
    Jones (inj) Alonso (inj) Bavies Robertson Daniels

De Roon Carroll Alli Zaha Son

Ibra (inj) Aguero Lukaku

Had looked at bailey and pva in for Alonso and Daniels

Do I get rashers for Kane? For Kane I. Need to drop 1 Spurs player either Bavies or Son

Could get mikhitaryan into midfield as united dgw cover if I don't get rashers

Any advice lads...have 2Fts 1.8 itb

Bailey
    Mikitryan
    Kane

In for Ibra son Alonso leaves me 1mil itb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Do I get rashers for Kane? For Kane I. Need to drop 1 Spurs player either Bavies or Son

Bavies. Rose is due back in GW34.

Son should his place for another couple of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

This DGW has all the hallmarks of turning into a damp squib.

There will be heroes though, there always is in a dgw. My money is on pva

What's the story with Alonso?? Should I start him?

• Advertisement

What's the story with Alonso?? Should I start him?

Most definitely.

thunderdog wrote: »
    This DGW has all the hallmarks of turning into a damp squib.

There will be heroes though, there always is in a dgw. My money is on pva

My money is on Negredo!

Gabriel Jesus took part in training today and could make the #MCFC squad for Sundays semi-final. Looking "much better" according to Pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

King & Negredo in for me, total -4

km79 wrote: »
    Gabriel Jesus took part in training today and could make the #MCFC squad for Sundays semi-final. Looking "much better" according to Pep.

Big news with GW37 coming.

Asked if he will make wholesale changes, Mourinho laughed and said: “No. Herrera plays, he didn’t play today [Thursday], one yellow he would miss [the] semi-final. Ashley Young is fresh to play and who else? [There is] nobody else to play!”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Foster and Aguero to De Gea and Rashford for -4. Will WC in GW36 then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bavies. Rose is due back in GW34.

Son should his place for another couple of games.

I should have said I still have my wc so am looking at this game week only.. bavies Carroll Ibra - Kane Baily & 5.3 leaves me short for a united midfielder. I can play AOA also if I want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rashers in for Gabbi. No hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'll avoid United altogether now and make a long term move instead. Looking at Clichy...he seems to be the most nailed on City defender or am I asking for trouble going near their defence?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm considering -8 (2ft plus 2 x -4s).

Hovering at 100k, and season is effectively over, so feel like just rolling the dice.

Looking at:
    Ibra, Carroll, Siggy, McAuley out

Negredo, Rashford (or possibly Benteke), Zaha, Bailly in.

Have WC, TC and BB left, so planning to WC next week, TC Sanchez in 36, and BB in 37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Which, if any, United mids are likely to start both games?

Herrera is confirmed for Sunday. Not sure on City but there's a decent chance

I'm finally edging towards a decision.

I'm thinking of 2 very differential moves.

1. Not taking a hit.
    2. Stewart Downing

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Pogba should start both, although he's not a very good fpl option.
    He might have pens and free kicks though, if Rooney isn't playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm finally edging towards a decision.

I'm thinking of 2 very differential moves.

1. Not taking a hit.
    2. Stewart Downing

:eek:

Surely you don't mean Downing for a hit??!!!

Downing on a free I can sort of get on board with, purely as it's a DGW.

Thinking of sticking with just 4 potential DGWers in DeGea, Valencia, Chambers and Negredo.

I still have a FT, but think I might bank it, as no one else catches my eye (the 4 I have aren't very appealing either!)

Benimar wrote: »
    Thinking of sticking with just 4 potential DGWers in DeGea, Valencia, Chambers and Negredo.

I still have a FT, but think I might bank it, as no one else catches my eye (the 4 I have aren't very appealing either!)
    Zaha? As healso has a nice game35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If one was in a position where they had to play one and bench one of Alli and King this week (more likely I'll find a combination that allows me to play the 2 of them), King was my immediate preference when thinking about it.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Zaha? As healso has a nice game35

Not a fan at all of Palaces 2 fixtures this week. I've already used WC, so am leaning towards concentrating on DGW36 and 37

Advertisement