Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

ElTel wrote: »
    Solid roll I'd say. Good Luck.
    Can't seem to make a decision on a transfer :(
    Have a front 7 of
    Sanchez, Alli, Zaha, King
    Lukaku, Aguero and Kane

Options to bring in are probably from Rasford, Negredo or Lingard, but struggling to see if theres any real benefit in it. Maybe if I still had a wildcard available for the week after might see it a bit different, but at the moment thinking I'll stick with what I have.

Anyone seeing the benefit in a transfer, or think I'm as well of sticking with what I have?

I have same front 3 and similar decision to make. Roll I think. Kun has good fixtures and I think could score against a weakened utd defence. DGW fwd options don't appeal at all. Only decision is who to captain. Currently on big Rom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

titan18 wrote:
    Alli, Son, Coutinho, King, Zaha, Aguero, Lukaku and Kane. One of them have to be on my bench, but who the hell do I put there.

I have the exact same front 8 except I have Pedro for your Coutinho.

Currently benching Pedro.

Who are you going to captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can't seem to make a decision on a transfer Have a front 7 of Sanchez, Alli, Zaha, King Lukaku, Aguero and Kane

Anyone seeing the benefit in a transfer, or think I'm as well of sticking with what I have?

Also similar to myself.

Think I'm Gonna hold my FT and use it next week with an eye on the next dgw.

My problem is not getting in a DGW player like Benteke, Negredo or Downing this week, it's the inevitable hits to get rid of them next week that's putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Brought in Bailly for McAuley. Nothing too inspiring.
    Have Zaha and DDG as well for DGW.
    Captained Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Brunt to PVA for a hit and bench vertonghen
    Or play vertonghen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

km79 wrote: »
    Or play vertonghen?

I'd be reluctant to bench Vertonghen anyway (depends on the rest of your defence) - I think he could get a clean sheet. Not nailed on, but definitely potential imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

km79 wrote: »
    Or play vertonghen?

This seems like a stick or twist question when there's only one answer.

When you wake up with a mild temptation to swap Aguero for Negredo then full DGW fever has hit you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Used 2 ft's.

Ibra to negredo & fletcher to firmino.
    Using the aoa chip and none of the dgw midfielders jumped out at me, uniteds midfield is a lottery now with rotation, already have Zaha & no boro midfielders appealing.

Came down to firmino hazard or king.
    Just went with firmino as hazard still has to get through a fa cup semi final and firmino comes up against a palace side minus sakho who has been great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

KevIRL wrote:
    10.2 in the bank. Dont have that too often

Will be handy for your GW35 wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

ElTel wrote: »
    Lloris for Heaton?
    Got De Roon & Negredo in last night.
    Lloris for -4 this week when Spurs have a Cup game before their league game? I'm not so sure. I was more thinking of one of their def for GW37...

The big question for me is whether I trust Valencia & Chambers to play or take a hit to ditch McAuley and/or Holebas (both have horrible fixtures even for their double). Incoming candidates are:
    1. Gibson (but will be a GW34 punt only considering their upcoming fixtures),
    2. Bailly (their 4 DGWs games are away but they're one of the teams that should still have something at stake in GW37) or
    3. PVA (purely based on their current form and his attacking potential since they have horrible fixtures bar in GW35 & single 37).

Fnally, I'm facing the unexpected conundrum of playing De Roon or Siggy. De Roon is there for allowing a switch back to 3-4-3. But Sigg and Swansea recent forms have been dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

thunderdog wrote: »
    Do you have your AOA chip? A good time to use it
    Unfortunately not. I would have otherwise ;).
    So benched Siggy in the end. We always say form over fixtures and the crazy thing is De Roon has better form than Siggy lately.

Also took a -4 for Chambers to Gibson after reading that article => http://the4thofficial.net/2017/04/must-win-match-middlesbrough-team-news-head-head-predicted-outcome-bournemouth/. Hopefully it's not full of rubbish.

Will have a lot of transfers to do regarding my defs in the coming GWs but hopefully the DGW will help me smooth their cost ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

When you wake up with a mild temptation to swap Aguero for Negredo then full DGW fever has hit you....

Curious, did you make the move?

Curious, did you make the move?

Not yet. Still have time though :o

But I don't think I will!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

Valencia captain. I'd expect one clean sheet and 1 assist over the two games so reckon he's a safer bet than any forward.

Given the injury to Rojo on Thursday and that Valencia has had a break in the two league matches prior to the last one, he should also be a banker to start both of these matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Valencia captain. I'd expect one clean sheet and 1 assist over the two games so reckon he's a safer bet than any forward.

I wouldn't go in expecting an assist from Valencia, he has three all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

https://t.co/ZNRFxX00bU

Great rundown on Boro from a fan on FFS. May help anyone still deciding between their assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Not yet. Still have time though :o

But I don't think I will!

Same here, think I'll still be considering this right up until the deadline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Given the injury to Rojo on Thursday and that Valencia has had a break in the two league matches prior to the last one, he should also be a banker to start both of these matches.

I'm not sure Rojo a left sided CB being injured has any affect on Valencia a RB playing both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I'll just be happy for him to start both games. Wary of Darmian who could be contender for a full back position in one of the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

On holidays so might have done a panic transfer without thinking.

Sanchez and Crouch OUT
    Ozil and Negrado IN

With Arsenals nice fixtures I need cover so Ozil fits nicely and he is in good form. Hope he keeps it up.

I didn't realise how good Boros DGW was, Negrado seems a nice shout. Will captain him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Can' t decide what to do!! Like Mr P, considering Kun out for Negredo, even typing that is weird!! Other strikers are Benteke and Lukaku. May keep Kun and transfer out Big Rom, either way I think I will be reversing the transfer next week.

Could go Grant to De Gea either now that Butland is back in the picture.

I have 4 for the DGW as it is, Bailly, Gibson. Zaha, Benteke so may just hold the transfer till next week.

I can't shake the feeling that Kun is going to do well against a make shift Utd defense who will want to save themselves for the Europa semi-final......

Someone please tell me what to do!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

AdpRo wrote: »
    Can' t decide what to do!! Like Mr P, considering Kun out for Negredo, even typing that is weird!! Other strikers are Benteke and Lukaku. May keep Kun and transfer out Big Rom, either way I think I will be reversing the transfer next week.

Could go Grant to De Gea either now that Butland is back in the picture.

I have 4 for the DGW as it is, Bailly, Gibson. Zaha, Benteke so may just hold the transfer till next week.

I can't shake the feeling that Kun is going to do well against a make shift Utd defense who will want to save themselves for the Europa semi-final......

Someone please tell me what to do!!!

I wouldn't sell Kun or Lukaku tbh. Maybe the keeper move is the one to make, depending on who your other keeper is.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

AdpRo wrote: »
    Can' t decide what to do!! Like Mr P, considering Kun out for Negredo

I am in the same spot also! Logic says stick, heart says go for it.
    What is pushing me to go for it is that Jesus is back for City and will take game time off Aguero.
    I feel as if I have to captain someone playing twice and even though I have Zaha, Bailly and Chambers, Negredo would be the best option imo.
    Rival who is one point ahead of me in money league has 10 million in the bank this morning so he must have dumped Lukaku/Aguero for Benteke, Rashers or Negredo.
    Just outside top 10K OR so time to go big - think I am going to go for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Lingard of Zaha? Straight choice. I have Benteke, considering lingered as no Utd Attacking cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I have the exact same front 8 except I have Pedro for your Coutinho.

Currently benching Pedro.

Who are you going to captain?

I'm captaining Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Lingard of Zaha? Straight choice. I have Benteke, considering lingered as no Utd Attacking cover

He's out of form though and not guaranteed game time. Subbed off pre 60 against Chelsea and around 60 min mark against Anderlecht too. At least Zaha is guaranteed starts and has some good form lately too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Hand Andre Grey in my team the past few weeks stinking it out so much their were grey clouds over it!

Benteke for Grey and a last minute -4 desperate cry of Pogba for Siggy done at 13:58. Possibly the ultimate backward move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dunno about Pogba for Siggy for a -4 tbh.

Advertisement