Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate Remote Control

Options
  • 15-04-2017 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all

Not sure if this is the correct forum...

I have a working remote control for a gate - as per pictures attached - but I'm not sure what frequency it operates on. I'm hoping somebody will recognise it and be able to help. Granted it's a few years old, but it does work.

I bought a CAME remote and seemed to be able to clone the existing remote, but the CAME one won't open the gates. I have a feeling the issue is with the receiver at the gate end, but can't be certain.

Id like to source a second unit which will work but without knowing the frequency I'm a bit stuck.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Sorry I have never seen that particular model of remote, there are hundreds of them out there. All on in around the same frequency but different manufacturers have also fine tuned only their remote to work with their receivers.

There is an excellent company in UK, might be worth a look at. I am on my phone now so I cannot link but if you Google gateremotes.co.uk you might find something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Havent seen one of those in years - your problem is remotes moved from your type (analogue) to linear and then to digital . Your best & cheapest bet is to install wireless open/close/hold receiver and wire into gate panel and use the transmitters as gate remotes .

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

Thanks for the replies.

It's an old one alright, and I unfortunately don't have access to the panel.

Small development and the possibility of a telephone access system being installed to work alongside existing remotes. But, only one number per unit will be programmed, whereas we can share the present remote between three of us.

So, I was hoping to clone one or purchase another remote just to make life easier - which may not be as straight forward to do as I was expecting...

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

(I know this is ages later but I was interested!)

The circuit you show is a classic ON/OFF modulation of a carrier - a stream of bits from the MM53200 chip at the bottom just blasts radio on and off. Exactly like Morse code. The RF circuit is a very basic oscillator - you can see the capacitors and the thing that looks like a box with a screw in it is the inductor. That forms a tuned circuit.

Very simple, very easy to replicate, but very annoying for you as the frequency could be just about anything. 49MHz was common at one point as was 300MHz - yours is likely the latter but could be tuned any which way.

The other posters are right unfortunately. You could copy the remote circuit very easily given the right equipment but it's likely not worth it for you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

Hi Carveone

Thanks for your reply - very informative!

Sounds like I won't be making life any easier for myself then.

Just out of curiosity, what suggests it's more likely to be 300MHz?

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement