Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That was the most amazing magician act ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Was great. I've seen the blade swallowing before but to have them come back out on string and then the balloon at the end :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Well we have just been shown the wild card act, pound to a penny he will be brought back to the live show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Love Britain's Got More Talent. Stephen Mulhern is very funny on it. Very self deprecating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Can't bring myself to watch Britain's Got More Talent, much as I might like Stephen Mulhearn. Same with all of these other spin-off shows too! The main show usually is enough for me.

The most memorable act, for me this week, was the magician. Amazing!

While the Irish singer performed well, I don't think she'll go very far in BGT. Her singing was good, but pretty "run of the mill", far as I'm concerned. Apologies, if I sound a bit negative, and wishing her and her family all the best..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,246 ✭✭✭✭km79

Where are the Russian contortionists?????

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

km79 wrote: »

Good question! I'm presuming they will appear in the semis.

Did the two Cork lads make it through? I found them very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MadamRazz

Anyone else sick of all the dance acts? Well except for the two irish lads of course.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MadamRazz wrote: »
    Anyone else sick of all the dance acts? Well except for the two irish lads of course.

Same I find all those dance groups very samey, even the comments are all samey. Great energy... really well put together... blah blah blah.

Was just thinking the same. Even the Irish lads, with all due respect, were not great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Was just thinking the same. Even the Irish lads, with all due respect, were not great.

The Irish lads while technically not great, their comedic timing and facial expressions were brilliant and they showed more personality and all or those other dance groups together.

I'd rather watch that, than perfectly sequence mob dancing. It was much more entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Honestly I didn't get them at all. Was thinking the whole time, what is this meant to be :confused:

Overall it's a bit disappointing, there's very few stand out acts that I can remember from the auditions. The magician was my favourite, Matt Edwards (Ant & Dec's golden buzzer act)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Those two Irish lads have a very Stavros Flatley vibe to them and look how well they did.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Those two Irish lads have a very Stavros Flatley vibe to them and look how well they did.

Can't say I agree 100% with this. I always roll around laughing at Stavros Flatley, even to this day. Those two Irish lads, IMO, are fairly forgettable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Damn, I thought it wasn't on til 8pm! :(
    Who did I miss??

twirlagig wrote: »
    Damn, I thought it wasn't on til 8pm! :(
    Who did I miss??

The Northern Ireland choir kids, and the dancing cop

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

deco nate wrote: »

Anyone notice the backing track having singing on it for the choir at the start? Really hope they weren't miming

Delboy2015 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the backing track having singing on it for the choir at the start? Really hope they weren't miming

Oh I missed the first bit, just heard the judges at the end.

That 'magician' is beyond stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

This guy(Kyle Tomlinson) has a great voice

• Advertisement

CH3OH wrote: »
    This guy has a great voice

He was brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

deco nate wrote: »

And both not great

CH3OH wrote: »
    This guy has a great voice

He was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Sick to the back teeth of dance troops!

If they could just not put dance acts and choirs in the live shows, it would be so much better.
    I'm sick of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Ditto, and I can't see Liz and Phil getting their freak on to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

km79 wrote:

They were thrown out of the competition because they were once part of Cirque de Soleil

I'm missing tonight and last night because my Virgin Media (UPC) box has gone caput and has to be replaced. Am expecting delivery of new one tomorrow. Hope I'm able to connect it up and get it going, once it arrives. So, sadly, Eyepatch's home is a very quiet place tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'm missing tonight and last night because my Virgin Media (UPC) box has gone caput and has to be replaced. Am expecting delivery of new one tomorrow. Hope I'm able to connect it up and get it going, once it arrives. So, sadly, Eyepatch's home is a very quiet place tonight.

Rabbits Ears/coat hanger and TV3?

Or TV3 player thingy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Simon hates being told what to do doesn't he?
    How hard is it to turn to a page in a book.

Advertisement