Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on relay

Options
  • 15-04-2017 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I want to install a wireless chime in parallel with existing wired doorbell. I picked up a wireless battery-operated kit in Woodies for €12. The installed Friedland wired bell system measures just under 10V ac although documentation led me to expect 8V ac. The wireless bell push is operated by 12V battery. Can someone point me at a relay operated by 10V ac to switch 12V dc?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

10VAC would not be a very common relay coil, but you could add a small bridge rectifier across the wired bell, the resulting DC voltage will be close to 12V so you could use a standard 12VDC automotive relay to switch the chimes. You will also need a smoothing capacitor across the DC terminals of the bridge rectifier, say something like 1000uF 25V would be fine.

Advertisement