Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

penison

• 15-04-2017 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

i have some money in a pension fund it isn't much but i was told a few years back that there was no way to cash it out or claim it till i was at retirement age.

i get a statement once a year that is the extent of my dealings with it.

my personal circumstances have changed and i am now unemployed and long term sick. tbh the money would come in very helpful.

is there a way i can claim it now?

i wont be working for at least 4 years

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i have some money in a pension fund it isn't much but i was told a few years back that there was no way to cash it out or claim it till i was at retirement age.

i get a statement once a year that is the extent of my dealings with it.

my personal circumstances have changed and i am now unemployed and long term sick. tbh the money would come in very helpful.

is there a way i can claim it now?

i wont be working for at least 4 years

How old are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I'm 33

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

if you can prove longer term incapacitation then maybe, if you paid into it for less than two years then maybe, but given the above and many other maybes its extremely difficult to get this money out as its against all government policy and if you do it could be heavily taxed

Advertisement