Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I advertise for nixers? (Web Development)

Options
  • 15-04-2017 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm a computer science student a day I'm looking to do a few websites to earn some money, is there anywhere recommended to advertise? Or would I be better of going through Facebook and instagram looking for companies with a bad or no website, and offer them one for a few hundred quid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I got a few nixers on adverts.ie. That was a few years ago now though

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

You won't get loads of money with this approach but its an idea all the same... Fiverr

What a lot of people tend to do is offer very basic packages at 5 Euro, then extra packages at extra prices.

An exams off the top of my head, €5 you provide a basic desktop template (you already have made) with whatever colour of their choice... Then let's say €20 responsive template €50 custom desktop site, €75 custom responsive site.

That's just a rough idea but if that's a model that works for you, its worth researching more.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

A friend of mine did a nixer for some pub that didn't have an online presence. Honestly, I'd just go through Facebook if I were you.

And don't forget that you can be a TA for some classes to earn some extra cash while you're still in college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

A friend of mine did a nixer for some pub that didn't have an online presence. Honestly, I'd just go through Facebook if I were you.

And don't forget that you can be a TA for some classes to earn some extra cash while you're still in college!

Which is the better approach.

Starting a Facebook page and paying for adds?

Directly messaging companies with no website, or poor quality websites.

Alternatively I could do both.

I don't fancy being a TA, I'd rather get hands on experience with clientele.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Which is the better approach.

Starting a Facebook page and paying for adds?

Directly messaging companies with no website, or poor quality websites.

Alternatively I could do both.

I don't fancy being a TA, I'd rather get hands on experience with clientele.

Use every method you can to get work. No one method will result in a lot of work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement