Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCB about to expire!

Options
  • 16-04-2017 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

So I've been off the road for the last 2 years due to financial issues and as of the 1st of May My 3yrs worth of NCB will be no more. I know that alot (if not all) of insurance companies offer to covert, say, a year of named driver experience to 1yr NCB so i figured they would deffo allow some leeway in regards to my slightly expired NCB, That was until i rang during the week and was basically told "Nope, tough ****".

I've been getting quotes online freaking out, and every site looks for "Other experience" under the NCB drop-down, I mean why would they even ask if they weren't willing to take other experience into account, and if so surely a slightly expired NCB would count!? I'm currently saving and should back on the road June/July but my previous insurer couldn't care less.

At 23 I can't afford to loose my NCB, It'll be like starting out on the road all over again. Has anyone any experience with this, Is there any chance an insurer might offer some leeway when Push comes to shove?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you have a car already? Or do you plan to buy one in June/July?
    You are kinda screwed unless you can insure something soon.

Can you not just buy any POS you see and change the car later?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Clutchkick

Yea I'm getting quotes here like a lunatic! Looks like i might just end up owning either a Saab or a Skoda Octavia. I was insured through Britton, back in my day they where the cheapest around for yng drivers, looks like they're not anymore. Seen as I've been out of the loop for a while, who's the cheapest around these days for a 23yr old and would i have time to change Insurer in 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

No-one call tell you who the cheapest is for you.

Get online quotes from at least all these.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619504

Advertisement