Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Chelsea 16:00 Sunday 16th.

• 16-04-2017 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

55854704.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hoping to nick a win but I'll say 1-1 draw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

United are going to batter them 1-1. Please no Fellani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

3-0 Chelsea (Kante hat trick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

2/1 utd at old Trafford. It's a long time since we have seen a price that big. Probably worth a punt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Time to really cement our grip on 5th place here with another convincing home draw. Come on the reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A bit of bling just for the 2 Jayo's.:P

manuvsche.png

Oooh shiney colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mrs Crinklewood is making me miss it.

Does not compute.

• Advertisement

Guess who was told "go ahead to the pub and enjoy the pints"..........Mrs. Zerks is up to something.

United to win,Wexford to beat Tipp and creamy pints,happy Easter:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My better half wants us to go out for lunch early because the game is on at four... your doing it all wrong Mr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

5/1 for a 1-1 draw.

So if I put down my house on it, I get five more houses. Two of the neighbours are Liverpool supporters so I'll take theirs first.

Hoping United can put in a performance today but if Chelsea get going it might not make for a pleasant afternoon.

In a way, concentrating on the Europa League might be an idea as pushing hard through the remaining fixtures could cost us a chance at either top 4 and the Europa League through fatigue. I don't see us catching Liverpool anyway, given our fixtures, but Jose can't be seen to give up too soon.

Either way, shouting the boys on today in a '85/'86 shirt (my all time fave).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Viva John Terry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

zerks wrote: »
    Guess who was told "go ahead to the pub and enjoy the pints"..........Mrs. Zerks is up to something.

United to win,Wexford to beat Tipp and creamy pints,happy Easter:):)

Nothing on earth will make me miss this game.

Nothing on earth I hate more than man united :mad:

KTBFFH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

United win, then listen to them talk **** for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Courtois out.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Carpentry wrote: »
    Nothing on earth I hate more than united :mad:

Ya agree, hate West Ham United too.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carpentry

Nothing on earth I hate more than man united

Ya agree, hate West Ham United too.

Problem solved. :)

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/853556204693540864
    Massive blow for #CFC ahead of todays match at Old Trafford. Courtois is not currently with the squad and he is expected to miss the game.

I now expect Begovic to turn into superman in goal for them.

• Advertisement

Can we not have a bloody thread that's not derailed by digs before the game has even bloody started.

Some people need more spice in their lives I think.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can we not have a bloody thread that's not derailed by digs before the game has even bloody started.

Some people need more spice in their lives I think.

Wait till about 10 minutes into the game and you will think this is nothing.:pac:

Wait till about 10 minutes into the game and you will think this is nothing.:pac:

The kids are all hyper after eating too much chocolate.:P

Ryan Giggs:
    "Hazard is the best attacking player in the league ahead of Aguero and Sanchez, He has ability to turn a game on his own."

Think I'm just on a downer after drinking last night I'll be grand when I get more tonight ha.

Ryan Giggs:

He obviously ment if you exclude Martial and Rashford.

I don't think United have played in a 1-1 draw this season, so think law of averages suggest we are due a good old 1-1 draw.

1-1 is my prediction.

The match has not even started and your moaning already. Not everyone loves Utd.

It would be fairly empty crowing if we managed to win against a team 18 points ahead of us and who beat us twice already. A win would be huge for us but there's not going to be much ****e talking.

• Advertisement

He obviously ment if you exclude Martial and Rashford.

And fellaini

niallo27 wrote: »
    The match has not even started and your moaning already. Not everyone loves Utd.

No way!:eek::eek::eek:

Hahaha my bad Welcome to the thread neutral :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Utd will get something from this game, whether 3 points or 1 point who knows. I hope Chelsea win though obviously. I can't see it being a high scoring thriller anyhow. 3 goals at most, but probably a 1-0 win for someone or 1-1.

See the thing is I think realistically we are out if the race for top four in regards to catching Liverpool but I do think if by some miracle that united can pull off a win against Chelsea it leaves catching city a real possibility have a game in hand and have to play you so it's n9t totally forgone at the moment.

If we don't win today too four is settled.

See the thing is I think realistically we are out if the race for top four in regards to catching Liverpool but I do think if by some miracle that united can pull off a win against Chelsea it leaves catching city a real possibility have a game in hand and have to play you so it's n9t totally forgone at the moment.

If we don't win today too four is settled.

All depends on the first game too. West brom win and then Utd would only need a draw really to be back on track for top 4.

• Advertisement

All depends on the first game too. West brom win and then Utd would only need a draw really to be back on track for top 4.

Everyone is pessimistic about their own teams chances.

5starpool wrote: »
    Everyone is pessimistic about their own teams chances.

We know better than anyone that Liverpool are capable of losing to anyone and thats why I think Utd still have a great chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ugly game incoming

Both teams can't lose.

No i don't think we will catch pool they have enough to take 10 points from their games but the thing that stands to us against city is we still have to play them i think pool have top 4 wrapped up unless they go threw another January patch.

Ugly game incoming

Both teams can't lose.

You dont say? :):)

• Advertisement

No i don't think we will catch pool they have enough to take 10 points from their games but the thing that stands to us against city is we still have to play them i thonk pool have top 4 wrapped up unless they go threw another January patch.

Aside from the (home) game against ye, City have the type of games they almost always win. I think they'll finish ahead of Liverpool as they will get at least 13 points from their last

We'll probably still get 4th, but it's far from a done deal. The tough games ye have left are the good thing in our favour, although if we slip up Arsenal aren't out of it yet, although they have tough games too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Thread

Kills me to say this but come on Utd!
    You owe spurs a few favours so hammer Chelsea for a start...

5starpool wrote: »
    Aside from the (home) game against ye, City have the type of games they almost always win. I think they'll finish ahead of Liverpool as they will get at least 13 points from their last

We'll probably still get 4th, but it's far from a done deal. The tough games ye have left are the good thing in our favour, although if we slip up Arsenal aren't out of it yet, although they have tough games too.

Oh I understand they have an easy run in BUT and its a big BUT if we manage to grab a win today it is a massive 3 points for us it fills the team with confidence and momentum and if fancy us to go on a run I wouldn't be worried about arsenal or any of the others apart from spurs and city games.

Just My opinions and realistically it would take a miracle to get a result today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

3 years in the UK and he still doesnt speak english??

Mr.H wrote: »

Valencia is in England about ten and doesn't speak English. Language doesn't come easy to some people, especially if they didn't get much of an education (Valencia I mean there, don't know about Costa.)

Its also possible he speaks a bit of English but not enough for an interview.

Mr.H wrote: »

typical united sh!te

typical united sh!te

Who? Costa the Chelsea player? Henry the Arsenal/Barca/Monaco/Juventus/NY Red Bulls player? Mr H the Liverpool fan?

typical united sh!te

Fail Of Epic Proportions

Just backed carpentry for first caution, paddies have pulled the market now mind

Pints & Football
    Time to Don the captain's armband once more
    Like the boards version of Pintman

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement