Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Chelsea 16:00 Sunday 16th.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

5starpool wrote: »
    Actually here they are. Chelse definitely the easier of the two.

C9jAK4tWsAAGMVs.jpg:large

So realistically Spurs will have to win out and Chelsea to draw at least 2. Unlikely but stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

About time.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Soft yellow.

Stupid decision ref

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That seemed soft

About time.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Actually here they are. Chelse definitely the easier of the two.

C9jAK4tWsAAGMVs.jpg:large

Jermaine Defoe with a final day hat trick to hand his old club the title and keep Sunderland up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just got a tasty Chippy delivered. Even more tasty with united winning.

When I answered the door the lady said "is it still 1-0?". She chuckled when I told her it was 2-0.. I asked if she wanted united to win and she said.. " there's 3 Liverpool fans at home desperate for Chelsea to win".. Not sure why that made her happy, but I enjoyed it and tipped accordingly :)

Jermaine Defoe with a final day hat trick to hand his old club the title and keep Sunderland up.

Go and have a lie down there.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

West Brom have won more home games than City and United, it will be a tricky tie for Cholsea.
    United are keeping top 4 race wide open.

• Advertisement

You telling me that there should not have been any more in the game so far for your lads?

Soft again

They are like buses now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Drumpot wrote:
    Just got a tasty Chippy delivered. Even more tasty with united winning.

When I answered the door the lady said "is it still 1-0?". She chuckled when I told her it was 2-0.. I asked if she wanted united to win and she said.. " there's 3 Liverpool fans at home desperate for Chelsea to win".. Not sure why that made her happy, but I enjoyed it and tipped accordingly

Did she serve it extra salty

Chelsea look no more like scoring than I do of going for a 10 mile run later on today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I don't mind the Spurs winning the league part but can we have Sunderland still go down? I can't have that dream keep crashing every year...

United looking solid today, and Chelsea looking clueless.

Everton have better home record than Chelsea, that will be tough place to get points.

I see the true colours are slowly appearing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Fabregas might get air time on the Big Bang theory as twin brother of Leonard Hofstadter.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Big Cindi Lauper fan are you?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You mean all the yellow cards Utd should have had earlier in the game?

Never knew Valencia had a hearing problem.

Big Cindi Lauper fan are you?

You with the sad eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

United looking solid today, and Chelsea looking clueless.

I wonder what Conte genuinely thinks seeing David Luiz out there after playing & managing Juventus .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus but Chelsea have been atrocious today. They've given spurs some serious momentum now.

You mean all the yellow cards Utd should have had earlier in the game?

Wrong, Chelsea are the team that have been cynical

I'm awaiting the narrative at the end of this, it will make me laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This has been Mourinho in his pomp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Sky will obviously try to claim the title race is blown wide open, but Chelsea's run in is far far easier so still very difficult to see anything but a fairly tame finish to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

ERG89 wrote: »
    I wonder what Conte genuinely thinks seeing David Luiz out there after playing & managing Juventus .

I'd say he's more concerned about Gary Cahill, who has been a weak link in that Chelsea defence too many times. Luiz has been very good this season, today aside.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Chelsea players got booked.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You'll have people asking where this utd team has been this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I reckon you'd be disappointed if you couldn't complain about other teams' fans after each match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This is also the template of how to beat Chelsea.

Give Hazard and Pedro nothing at all costs in those inside forward channels, especially on the counter. They're then left with little.

Hit hard and fast yourself to expose the slow CBs who defend relatively high.

Executing is another story, but the blueprint is there. Chelsea haven't had a chance of any note at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Jaysus, 3 Chelsea players all desperately trying to cut back on to their right foot because they can't cross with their left. So easy for United to defend against that.

Dirty tackle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ander "the bastard" Herrara, tek a boo son.

Well done Ashley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Great result.

Scrap the cap!

Think the main talking point from that is just how average this league has gotten.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Great performance from United, thoroughly deserved win.

Absolutely pathetic from Chelsea. Kante was the only one to play at any sort of decent level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

niallo27 wrote: »
    2/1 utd at old Trafford. It's a long time since we have seen a price that big. Probably worth a punt.

Hope you put some money on it. It might help to cheer up your evening :D

Chelsea don't even need to lose any more games to lose title now. Two draws and it's gone it Spurs win 6 more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Ander "the bastard" Herrara, tek a boo son.

So happy to see him really cementing himself this season, thought he got a terrible run of it unjustly under LVG - Pogba has the most natural talent and potential of all of our midfielders, but factoring in current intelligence on the pitch and versatility, Herrera in my opinion has been our best player in midfield for at least two seasons now. A bit like a better version of Arteta (and Arteta was class at Everton).

Have to hand it to united, played where and when it counted and saw out the game without any pressure whatsoever from Chelsea.

We could try and blame losing a couple of players late but the entire team was flat except Kante so no excuses. Meanwhile, united played everything just right to exploit us.

I'm fairly ****ed off as it hands the impetus to Spurs but can't have many complaints.

Chelsea don't even need to lose any more games to lose title now. Two draws and it's gone it Spurs win 6 more.

What?? The same was the case before the game with 3 draws.

Time for 45 pints and a packet of crips
    Bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fairly poor effort from Chelsea, offered nothing and performed very similarly to last season once they went behind.

Conte seems fairly one note as well, absolutely no idea how to change things when it comes was obvious Mourinho had him figured out from the opening minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Big thanks to Utd for letting Liverpool back in the title race. We will not forget your contribution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

niallo27 wrote: »
    Big thanks to Utd for letting Liverpool back in the title race. We will not forget your contribution.

It was April 1st 16 days ago mate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement