Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Chelsea 16:00 Sunday 16th.

Comments

niallo27 wrote: »
    Big thanks to Utd for letting Liverpool back in the title race. We will not forget your contribution.

Delusions of grandeur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

niallo27 wrote:
    Big thanks to Utd for letting Liverpool back in the title race. We will not forget your contribution.

Stfu you absolute ass clown
    We win our two games in hand you could be below us
    Just concentrate on yourself and don't "slip" up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Is it possible that Chelsea have become unnerved by the fact that Spurs have won their last 7 in a row and it no longer looks like being a cakewalk?

On paper, they have a much easier run in than Spurs, but the momentum is definitely with Spurs. If Chelsea lose the SF next week, it will be a real test of character for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fairly poor effort from Chelsea, offered nothing and performed very similarly to last season once they went behind.

Conte seems fairly one note as well, absolutely no idea how to change things when it comes was obvious Mourinho had him figured out from the opening minutes.

Really................ #ConteOut I suppose, yeah?!

Teams lose. Players are the ones to blame if you ask me from today, Conte has adapted his team to suit opposition tactics many a time this season and is a class act

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

This needs to be the united team going forward. Old man ibra has to stay out of the team after today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

abff wrote: »
    Is it possible that Chelsea have become unnerved by the fact that Spurs have won their last 7 in a row and it no longer looks like being a cakewalk?

On paper, thry have a much easier run in than Spurs, but the momentum is definitely with Spurs. If Chelsea lose the SF next week, it will be a real test of character for them.

I'd absolutely love if Spurs won it.

Don't think they will but it would be super.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rekop dog wrote: »
    What?? The same was the case before the game with 3 draws.

No it wasn't. If Chelsea drew today and 2 more of their games left and won the rest, they win the league by at least a point. Now 2 draws and Spurs can draw level with them on points by winning all their games and will win on GD most likely.

Anyhow, Toby is a bit eccentric at the best of times, best not to think of it too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The Jman wrote: »
    This needs to be the united team going forward. Old man ibra has to stay out of the team after today.

Ibra has 28 goals, winning the League Cup final vs. one good performance with him out.

I'm not convinced tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

What?? The same was the case before the game with 3 draws.

Actually, no. They were 7 points ahead, now it's 4. Would have been 5 if they'd drawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

United the better team throughout. Lead up to the first goal(handball) my only real quibble with the result. Can't understand how Madley missed it. We created nothing anyway so didn't deserve a point.

Worst we've played since the Spurs away game in January.
    Losing Alonso destroyed the balance of the team as we didn't have the same threat from the left. Surprised Ake didn't slot in at LWB as it would have been a simpler fix.

Pogba and Fellaini completely dominated Matic aerially and physically on the ground. Kante was probably our best player but had a modest game by his standards.

Herrera was excellent and the decisive character in the game in how he frustrated Hazard and was involved in both goals for Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Atrocious stuff from Chelsea.

Although I admittedly haven't seen much of United this season that's definitely their best performance I have seen, serious effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Hopefully you won't slip it this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Your attempts are usually better than this. Even if Liverpool won all their remaining games, 6 points in 6 games from Chelsea = game over. You'd be better off letting us know how next year will be 'your year'. :)

Jose the genius does it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Hopefully you won't slip it this time.

Hilarious use of italics. The subtly of the joke would have been lost on me otherwise.

Big day, ManU pull clear in the race to avoid 6th, and delay the presentation of the Premier title to Chelsea by a few days...

Sand wrote: »
    Ibra has 28 goals, winning the League Cup final vs. one good performance with him out.

I'm not convinced tbh.

I agree but it's nice too see Jose continuing to show faith it rashford, lingard

Let's hope they continue to improve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Big day, ManU pull clear in the race to avoid 6th, and delay the presentation of the Premier title to Chelsea by a few days...

:pac:

You gotta laugh at the forced attempt at humour through gritted teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I'd absolutely love if Spurs won it.

Hi Kevin, long time no hear :)

414779.jpg

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Hilarious use of italics. The subtly of the joke would have been lost on me otherwise.

Don't worry, I consider people like you before making jokes. So I highlight proper words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

geoff shreeves ****ing hate the man with a passion

United have a game in hand of City and are 4 points behind. It is quite a big day, excusing your sarcasm. Champions league football is extremely nb for both Manchester clubs. It may also be the the difference in attracting a player or not.
    Not as huge a dent on Chelsea's title cause but a notable stumble and a very tired and poor performance which you can't just turn on and off when it suits so who knows what is going to happen going forward.

I know people like to hyperbole a match but two rather significant elements to that result today

Normally it's Easter eggs you eat on Easter Sunday, not lemons

United have a game in hand of City and are 4 points behind.

Still to play City too don't forget

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Can Utd fans now admit they are still very much in the chase for top 4 after that performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Normally it's Easter eggs you eat on Easter Sunday, not lemons

SAlty eggs mate... #salty
    Worried we'll crash their planned celebrations of winning the third place trophy ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Can man Utd now admit they are still very much in the chase for top 4 after that performance.

No, not until we win those games in hand. Until then we cant say shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Can man Utd now admit they are still very much in the chase for top 4 after that performance.

No, the team is not very much in the chase for top 4. United have a horrendous run in of games. Both Liverpool and City have easier run ins, and have 4 and 6 point leads respectively which I would happily take instead of having 1 and 2 games in hand respectively.

If United get top 4 from here it will because one or both of City/Liverpool have completely collapsed. The best path to the CL remains the EL, which has been the case for several months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Great win today. Roll on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Billy86 wrote: »
    So happy to see him really cementing himself this season, thought he got a terrible run of it unjustly under LVG - Pogba has the most natural talent and potential of all of our midfielders, but factoring in current intelligence on the pitch and versatility, Herrera in my opinion has been our best player in midfield for at least two seasons now. A bit like a better version of Arteta (and Arteta was class at Everton).

I'll take that from you Billy cos I know you boys rightly hold arteta highly. He was great for you.

Herrera was brilliant today.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

brinty wrote: »
    SAlty eggs mate... #salty
    Worried we'll crash their planned celebrations of winning the third place trophy ....

You love talking about salt don't you?

I have no idea who Conor74 supports, but I'm pretty sure it isn't Liverpool anyhow, not that it matters to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Jayop wrote: »
    I'll take that from you Billy cos I know you boys rightly hold arteta highly. He was great for you.

Herrera was brilliant today.

Wrong Billy (think there's another who's an Arsenal fan?), I support Utd. :D

United the better team throughout. Lead up to the first goal(handball) my only real quibble with the result. Can't understand how Madley missed it. We created nothing anyway so didn't deserve a point.

Worst we've played since the Spurs away game in January.
    Losing Alonso destroyed the balance of the team as we didn't have the same threat from the left. Surprised Ake didn't slot in at LWB as it would have been a simpler fix.

Pogba and Fellaini completely dominated Matic aerially and physically on the ground. Kante was probably our best player but had a modest game by his standards.

Herrera was excellent and the decisive character in the game in how he frustrated Hazard and was involved in both goals for Utd.

Fairly well summed it up.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Wrong Billy (think there's another who's an Arsenal fan?), I support Utd. :D

Ah bollox sorry dude I should have recognized your name.

Carpentry wrote: »
    Nothing on earth will make me miss this game.

Nothing on earth I hate more than man united :mad:

KTBFFH

54349609.jpg

• Advertisement

Still to play City too don't forget

precisely. That is the point. One that you arent actually making but an important point stemming from that future fixture.

They have it in their hands in a way now if they are up to it (as do City of course) Its advantage to City (a game in hand means nothing but the "possibility" of 3 points or even a point)
    They need City to obviously slip once (at the minimum) and the fact they take take them on gives them that chance, as difficult as it is of course . A loss today or even a draw and the squad psyche would be one of an ever growing abandonment of the chance of a top 4 hopes.
    It was a massive win in that respect, both psychologically and points wise.

You say United have to still play City. Well City still have to play United. Six pointer game really.

You say United have to still play City. Well City still have to play United. Six pointer game really.

Well exactly. Can go either way, but after today we can't say the result is a foregone conclusion...

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

M!Ck^ wrote: »

He had the most passes out of everyone yesterday too didn't he.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

BenK wrote: »

I don't think many people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

elefant wrote: »
    BenK wrote: »

Maybe doesn't really rate Mourinho would be a better way to put it then.

meh.ro7691.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

The English media hated Ferguson until he became the only 'British' manager still managing a top club and winning trophies. I always got the feeling Irish journos hated him too especially when he was up against Kenny Dalglish, there could have been some subconcious bigotry to that.

Jose is just too foreign for many people to overlook the ugly side of his personality the way they would for someone like Clough or Ferguson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Rod Munch wrote: »
    meh.ro7691.jpg

The persecution complex is unbelievable.

I'm not having a go at you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Aye there's no racism in English football and ceratinly not in the media. There's too many snowflakes with a persecution complex around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Headshot wrote: »
    geoff shreeves ****ing hate the man with a passion

Tabloidman.

Shout out to Diego Costa, a very good striker but very easy to dislike. Yesterday his antics and sly digs were hilarious. Ref did well overall but could have given him the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jayop wrote: »
    Fairly well summed it up.

With one exception, Kante didn't show up in my opinion, was second to a few balls in critical areas. Fabregas was decent when he came on, i thought Cahill did okay too considering what he was up against and how Luis and Zouma played.

The persecution complex is unbelievable.

I'm not having a go at you! :D

Ah jaysus I know, no persecution complex from me.

Its clear that United are a team that most supporters from other teams dislike, add a hugely divisive character like Jose into the mix and its magnified.

Hell, there are United fans that despise Jose.

Personally I love him and wanted him in the job post Fergie.

Better late than never I guess!

Nalz wrote: »
    With one exception, Kante didn't show up in my opinion, was second to a few balls in critical areas. Fabregas was decent when he came on, i thought Cahill did okay too considering what he was up against and how Luis and Zouma played.

Kante was about the best player for Chelsea yesterday, we just kept the ball away from him in the main.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement