Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2+

Options
  • 16-04-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Great little box for a small outlay, but I seem to be having a problem playing back MKV files - have tried several unrelated files, tried them on a few different USB keys etc. but always the same problem ... I get sound, but only a black screen.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

I checked the Sumvision website but there's no firmware upgrade for my version of the box (only the older one with serial number ending ... v2)

Many thanks.

Thanks,

G.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is it all MKV's or just some? How are they encoded?

Possibly just doesn't support the codec used within the files in question. Most media players of that age wouldn't be able to play x265 MKV files for example.

You could re-encode them yourself though that's obviously a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - in truth, had not noticed so will have to keep test a few and keep a note to see if it's all MKVs or not....

Whats involved in re-encoding... would it be time consuming, or complicated ?

Thanks again,

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement