Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jog with your Dog fun run Dublin

Options
  • 16-04-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Canicross Ireland are having a fun weekend from 5th-8th May in Corkagh park, Dublin, the club are having a team at the Darkness into Light event in Marlay Park at 4.15 am :o on Saturday 6th, followed by Park Run there, if anyone would like to join us for either event, you would be more than welcome. Then Sunday 7th is the Club fun day, raising funds for Make A Wish and the European team going to Italy in October.

Novices are very welcome at the fun run, you can run or walk with your dog on a collar and lead over the shorter 3K course, but if you want to do the full 5K, the dog needs to wear a harness, and be attached to the human via a bungee lead, and a belt. Some equipment will be available to borrow on the day, but not a huge amount.

Would be lovely to see some API boardsies there having fun and raising money for a great charity and Irish athletes (human and canine)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

That sounds brilliant! Do you have any recommendations re. Belts/harnesses?

I think i asked you this before but i still haven't gotten around to getting one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Choc Chip wrote: »
    That sounds brilliant! Do you have any recommendations re. Belts/harnesses?

I think i asked you this before but i still haven't gotten around to getting one...

I used to use a Rock Empire belt, but now run in a Zero DC Speedy belt, otherwise known as a nappy belt as it has a mesh bit that cradles the bum, but it really helps with the dog pulls.

My dogs wear various harnesses, as different ones fit different dogs best. Love the Zero DC long ones, but Ghost wears a ManMat long, as the Zero just doesn't fit him properly around the neck, it was impacting on his throat and his breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Oh I'd love to try this. I'm sure my guys would love it. A terrible shame I just have so little free time. Maybe when my daughter is a bit older.

Knine wrote: »
    Oh I'd love to try this. I'm sure my guys would love it. A terrible shame I just have so little free time. Maybe when my daughter is a bit older.

We're always looking for juniors as well :D The junior classes tend to be the most competitive ;)

muddypaws wrote: »
    We're always looking for juniors as well :D The junior classes tend to be the most competitive ;)

Lol unfortunately she can hardly walk never mind run but she would give it a go.

• Advertisement

Lol unfortunately she can hardly walk never mind run but she would give it a go.

You can get adapted scooters and bikes :D

You can get adapted scooters and bikes :D

Oh don't tempt me. She already has an adapted bike

Oh don't tempt me. She already has an adapted bike

A friend in Scotland started using a hand cycle a few months ago, she's flying on it now, and is almost ready to attach dogs to it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Do you know what happens on the Sunday 7th, Club fun day? I am guessing that it will be ok to bring my dog. She loves to meet other dogs! Is there a fun run on then too? I am very unfit for running but we walk a lot! Nymeria loves to run!

AryaStark wrote: »
    Do you know what happens on the Sunday 7th, Club fun day? I am guessing that it will be ok to bring my dog. She loves to meet other dogs! Is there a fun run on then too? I am very unfit for running but we walk a lot! Nymeria loves to run!

Sorry, the poster seems to have stopped showing up.

The Fun Run is on the Sunday, with your dog, run meeting at 9am, starts at 9.30am. Then there will be a dog show and K9 olympics from 12 noon, just silly dog games, with some info about the sports that the club does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Sorry, the poster seems to have stopped showing up.

The Fun Run is on the Sunday, with your dog, run meeting at 9am, starts at 9.30am. Then there will be a dog show and K9 olympics from 12 noon, just silly dog games, with some info about the sports that the club does.

Thanks for the information. Do you know what the cost of entering the fun run is?

AryaStark wrote: »
    Thanks for the information. Do you know what the cost of entering the fun run is?

All the info is on the club's website and FB page :)

https://canicrossireland.com/events/upcoming-events/

Advertisement