Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vetinary medicine graduate course

• 16-04-2017 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

does anyone know if the SUSI grant could possibly cover the full fees of graduate vetinary medicine in UCD - fees are approx 14k per year
    (provided I'm eligible for the grant)
    I 100% cannot afford fees otherwise 😢

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

It used be the case that you could only get a grant for your first degree (and not if you were repeating a year) and for some postgraduate study, as long as you were "moving up" - eg, MSc, PhD, etc. and only for a certain number of years. But you wouldn't receive a grant if you were doing a second degree or a second masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LSP

Hiya, I'm currently in grad entry vet at UCD. The fees are 20k a year for the 4 year course (if you have a science degree) then something around 16 k a year for the 5 year grad entry (for non science degree), so works out the same. Unfortunately there is no funding you can get for it. Only option is a co-signed loan with the parents. Grad-entry vet counts as a second primary degree, so it is full fees with no subsidies unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭chooey

Yeah agree with the previous poster- no grants and banks won't loan without a cosign. I'm qualified many years but definitely think hard before paying that amount- some new grads are starting on 22k so it can take many many years paying it off.

Advertisement