Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer holiday childcare

Options
  • 16-04-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    Need some info on summer holiday childcare facilities in sligo town.
    I'm work full time and will be taking 1-2 weeks holidays during the summer but I'm stuck for the other 4-5 weeks, my son is 8 and attends afterschool at the moment but they're only open 1-5 for the summer , this is quite useless to me as I work on the road and have to travel a few hours everyday , I need 9 - 5:30 care , 5 days , for 4-5 weeks if possible, any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Hiya,
    I'm in the same situation as you, although in Dublin.
    I've found all the various camps to be quite useless to me as the hours are usually around 9:30 or 10am to about 2pm.
    There's really not much for working parents in this country!

What I had to do last Summer, and probably will this year again, was to sign my kid up for full time care in one of those chains (Park Academy) that do childminding from babies to after school. It was expensive though, about 200-250 euros a week if I remember correctly, but no other choice!

Good luck!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There might be a parent at the school that minds children and would be happy for the extra summer work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

A childminder who minds the kids of teachers in term time and is down income in the summer would be ideal. You just need to find them! The school secretary might know!
    Alternatively, an add on local radio/paper might find you someone who would be happy to do it but not reliant on the income, so not too put out about loss of earnings after the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Any local teenagers near you that might be interested in doing it as a bit of summer work?

Advertisement