Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best wishes for a speedy recovery RobFowl

Options
  • 16-04-2017 3:34pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Came a cropper in the sprint in this morning's vets race. Knees were cut up a bit but he took the biggest bang to the head. I left him in the capable hands of his wife at the VHI Swiftcare Clinic - he may need some reconstructive surgery once she's finished with him!!

He's heading off to A&E to get a nasty cut above the eye checked out. Suspect he'll be taking it easy for a while.

Hope any plastic surgery delivers the face you want Rob, and that you get over this and back on the bike quickly. Speaking of the bike, that took a bit of a clout - I'm sure we'll get an update on condition in due course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Eeeshk. Hate hearing those stories :(

Get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Ouch. Facial cuts tend to look a lot nastier than they actually are so hopefully this is the case. Either way hopefully all will be well and the missus doesn't kill him altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Well Rob, if you're given a choice between losing the bike, or losing the wife, I know which one I'd choose (the bike complains less).

Hope you're back up and pedalling soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Chicks dig scars ;)

Heal well and hopefully a quick recovery. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

That fooker will do anything to get a new bike!

Thanks for helping him out Beasty!
    He was nagging me to go with him this morning but the bed was more appealing.

Guess he will have to cancel his trip to Spain now!

• Advertisement

Actually at this stage I think he nay have crashed now more then you...which is quite an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Speedy recovery,

Eamonn.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

koutoubia wrote: »

Guess he will have to cancel his trip to Spain now!
    He's thinking of going in the "slow" group - with the intention of dropping the Lion of Fingal and that other one from your area....

Suspect Richie's may see some business beforehand. His car's abandoned if anyone wants to claim it....

Beasty wrote: »
    He's thinking of going in the "slow" group - with the intention of dropping the Lion of Fingal and that other one from your area....

Suspect Richie's may see some business beforehand. His car's abandoned if anyone wants to claim it....

...or the wheelchair group as its known around here.

Is his car still down in kilcullen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Speedy recovery RobFowl. Was he by any chance jumping off the bike to start running? 😜

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

koutoubia wrote: »
    Is his car still down in kilcullen?
    Yes - he can't drive until things settle down a bit and most people from around here had their own cars. We'll sort something out over the next couple of days. His bike's in the back of the halpinator's car. His skinsuit is looking a little the worse for wear. Maybe you guys could do with a new design...

Speedy recovery RobFowl. Was he by any chance jumping off the bike to start running? 😜
    The way the weather had turned I think he may have been thinking about the swim leg....

The way the weather had turned I think he may have been thinking about the swim leg....

or trying to do a trackstand at 50kph!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Get well soon and see you back soon dishing out the hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭learn

daragh_ wrote: »
    Get well soon and see you back soon dishing out the hurt.

Hope your helmet was securely fixed in position and you have speedy recovery.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Here's to a fast recovery Mr Fowl, no doubt you'll be kicking that ball around the pitch for Liverpool again in no time. Was it beasty that took you down?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i hope he was wearing his hi-vis.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

Sorry to hear this about Mr. Fowl!
    Plenty of the strong stuff and you'll be back on it in no time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Speed recovery to you.

Medical expenses might mean i should actually buy those wheels i said i would 5-6 months ago

Weepsie wrote:
    Medical expenses might mean i should actually buy those wheels i said i would 5-6 months ago

If it's those 4ZA wheels ..,I don't have good news for you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Well Rob, if you're given a choice between losing the bike, or losing the wife, I know which one I'd choose (the bike complains less).

Hope you're back up and pedalling soon.

We had a good 20 years, no shame in calling it a day if she makes me choose....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

RobFowl wrote: »
    We had a good 20 years, no shame in calling it a day if she makes me choose....

Glad to see you're (reasonably) ok dude. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Hope you have a quick recovery RobFowl

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

vets
    You took him to a vet????!?!?!?

Vets are the only ones that will treat him these days

koutobia - you're getting these threads all wrong. The idea is to pass on good wishes, not encourage them to shoot him.....

:pac:

Ah right. Sorry.

I will leave it up to Mrs.Fowl to shoot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Speedy recovery, Rob!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Wait wait wait. Beasty had a crash?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

no - it's that if you come into physical contact with him, you will crash within 24 hours.

Advertisement