Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Holidays

Options
  • 16-04-2017 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Any suggestions for a single holiday which would suit a 75% qualified chemical engineer living in Dublin who had a brain hemorrhage which interrupted my career plans. Have traveled quite a bit and did a parachute jump afterwards in New Zealand. Speech is a little affected and with a tenseness in the right arm socializing is not as easy now, otherwise I work in a bank and with my own apartment life is good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Travel forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

deniro0201 wrote:
    Any suggestions for a single holiday which would suit a 75% qualified chemical engineer living in Dublin who had a brain hemorrhage which interrupted my career plans. Have traveled quite a bit and did a parachute jump afterwards in New Zealand. Speech is a little affected and with a tenseness in the right arm socializing is not as easy now, otherwise I work in a bank and with my own apartment life is good.

I done an organised group trip in south east Asia . I had a fantastic time .look into it . You meet all types wouldn't worry about any disabilities you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Yep, do a small group tour. Exodus, Intrepid or G Adventures. I went with Exodus to Jordan last and the group was mixed with Irish, English and Australian and one mad French blokeall professionals. Youngest was late 20's with eldest late 60's.

They were all bonkers, it was a great trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 deniro0201

Thanks for that. Walking any distances is a bit of a problem for me so adventure style is probably not an option. I will look at those suggestions, thanks again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Travel department do more coach trip styles that will have less walking but I think they would be too old for you. Give them a ring and talk through your options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

deniro0201 wrote:
    Thanks for that. Walking any distances is a bit of a problem for me so adventure style is probably not an option. I will look at those suggestions, thanks again!!

There's nothing to extreme about G adventure holidays . I was on holidays with the youngest being 15 and the eldest being 70ish they cater for all types . Everything is done at a leisurely pace and if it's something you want to opt of you can do that . Your guide will offer you an alternative and don't be worried you won't be the only one who may not want to do the more strenuous activities.

Advertisement