Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of windows and doors in 2017?

Options
  • 16-04-2017 5:38pm

This thread, while excellent, is now 6-7 years old.

Would anybody have estimates and advice for 2017? I need 7 double windows, a patio double door (are french doors cheaper?), a back and a front door.

In terms of quality, what should I be looking for and for what price? I found this guide to windows and doors from 2014 very informative:
    In a typical three or four-bed semi-detached house with a decent front door, patio or sliding door, back door and six standard windows and two or three smaller-sized ones, budget approximately €10,000 for supply and fit of good quality uPVC windows and doors.

Expect to pay €14,000 for the same in alu-clad, with factory timber somewhere in the middle....Triple-glazing is becoming standard practice and argon gas infill, low-e coatings and warm spacers have all been introduced...

Would these prices still be about right, and would it be much more for triple-glazed windows?

How to choose... windows (Oct 2014)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Just did job with 8 triple glazed PVC windows supply and fit 5000 euro. Doors are more expensive 1400-2000 each.
    French doors 2500 at least.
    It seems to me a lot of people are buying PVC doors for price of composite ones, but remember composite costs more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ccod

Cost of upgrading pvc french doors from double glazed to triple glazed

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ccod

Has anyone experience of upgrading PVC French doors from double glazed to triple glazed and what was the cost please

Advertisement