Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social housing

Options
  • 16-04-2017 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I heard a conversation on the luas the other day and it sounded fairly unbelievable but here it goes anyway, a couple are renting and of them loses their job to qualify for a council mortgage to get a council house? Is this true? I thought if this was the case everyone would be at it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Nope, not at ounce of truth. What you heard there is a mishmash of confused information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

tt2014 wrote: »
    I heard a conversation on the luas the other day and it sounded fairly unbelievable but here it goes anyway, a couple are renting and of them loses their job to qualify for a council mortgage to get a council house? Is this true? I thought if this was the case everyone would be at it

Can't really make sense of your post, however if a person is refused by 2 main street lenders they may qualify for a coco mortgage providing other criteria is met.

Perhaps that is what they were on about.

Advertisement